2009 April 14 (Spring)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another filming day. Joo won was upset at the two leads for not showing up before the rain, and during the supposed rain filming at my house. How could they leave us alone and then reprimand us for showing late that they had to cancel the whole filming that day? I wanted to argue but Seo Jaehee apologized instead of fighting. The case was closed and said that we need to focus more on what we can do today. The festival is three weeks from now.

"Our scene this morning is the first meeting scene," he was over cheerful today. What a weird lad. "The ship scene, underwater scene, drowning scene, etcetera, should be covered today, understand?"

Whatever, let's just get this over with. I see Seo Jaehee getting ready getting for her underwater scene. She noticed that I was looking at her and nodded, like a dude. We never got the chance to talk since three days ago, at the cottage.

 

"Are you sick?" We were waiting for the rain to stop, both of us with our unsteady breathing.

"Yeah, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy . I'm literally heartbroken. The first attack was three years ago, shortness of breath, chest pains, now I'm into taking my meds and regular checkups. Seoul was too stressful for my aching heart that's why I moved back here, at my dad's hometown.

"Don't they have the cure of your illness there in Seoul?"

"Cure? Nah... they're just like supplemental drugs, they prolong the agony, until the real cure arrives. I'm subject for a heart transplant," she suddenly sneezed because of the cold air,"I have a friend, who's an intern in a hospital there, he told us he'll call once there's a suitable donor for me."

I don't know what to say. What do you say to a girl who's sick every single day? The rain stopped and the silence was too awkward.

"What about you Suho ya," she hesistated and I was a little bit shocked,"Wait, can I call you that? Anyways, what's the story about your rain?"

"I think we need to go back now," I'm not sure I want to talk about it here, with her, right now. "I think you need to rest." I got up and helped her and  helped her with her things, when suddenly she held my right arm and raised her right hand as well.

"Promise me," she raised her pinky finger,"that you'll tell me about your story someday. Okay?"

This is so childish. Should I tell about my past? How I had a suffering mother, an awful father and why I wanted to stay away from him? Should I tell her? I'm not ready yet. She's obviously cold, but still waiting for my reply.

"Whatever," I linked my finger to hers, "Let's just go."

"That's a promise, okay," she reminded me, "And please don't say a word about what happened here or I'll hit you in the face."

 

"Don't you have any emotion at all Lee Suho?" Director wannabe Park Joowon is frustrated with my acting skills. We'll it's not my fault I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter