2014 September 12 (Fall) 01

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is everyone ready for the play?”

“Teacher Seo I can’t find my boots…”

“Teacher Seo, these fins are making it hard for me to walk…”

“Do I look like a crab now Teacher Seo?”

Now I understood why Park Joowon was always restless days before and during our play. Everyone was in a total chaos. At least back then we just had to make sure that the editing was perfect and that our video will play at the wide screen. Doing this live was more stressful than I thought. I had to check every student from head to toe, whether their costumes were worn the right way, or if there’s anything missing.

“You all look perfect to me already,” I had to assure them again and again for them to be okay.

“I’m not sure I look like the Prince today Teacher Seo,” Kyungsoo approached me as I was about to go to my table to contact Suho, but before I could talk to our Prince, the tardy man arrived in time to encourage his little buddy.

“Wow, Your Highness looks so cool today,” he gave Kyungsoo a thumbs up after he curtsied. “I don’t think you still need to ask experts like me on how to act like a prince anymore.”

Kyungsoo went directly to Suho for a hug. He lifted the child in his arms and together, they laughed. It was fun to see Suho having fun with the children. This was an exchange I thought would never happen if he hadn’t lost his memories. Suho was more of a distant person, and he found it hard to rely on others other than himself.

“Do I really look like the Prince now Hyung?” Kyungsoo asked again. “I want my dad to be proud at me once I’m on stage.”

So Kyungsoo finally convinced his father slash Prime Minister dad to come here today. I hope he doesn’t break that promise.

“Of course Kyungsoo ya,” he set the boy down, and patted his head, “Now go find your Princess before she disappears.”

Kyungsoo nodded and ran away to find his mermaid princess.

“How are the preparations Teacher Seo?”

“One word, hectic,” we were heading to the corner of the room, where the props are arranged, ‘”You are late.”

“Better late than never Seo Jaehee ssi,” he winked, making me laugh. “One more thing…” he reached for his camera that was just hanging freely on his shoulders. He readjusted the lenses, and focused it on my face, with a click he said, “Smile.”

I was not prepared with his photography skills just now.

“Have you always been this pretty?”

I wasn’t sure if that was a compliment or an insult. I just had to punch him on the stomach to stop flirting with me. We had a great talk last week, after he spent two hours devouring my mom’s anchovy rice wraps, and making my mom drunk for the first time in five years.

“Is this… your room?” he asked as we passed by. We were heading towards my mom’s room. I was assisting Suho while he carried my mom from downstairs all the way up our house. Mom was too drunk to even walk to her own room. Good thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter