2014 October 01 (Fall)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Suho ya…”  Miss Seo was patting me to wake me up. I hadn’t realized that I fell asleep on Jaehee’s bedside. I instinctively looked over to Jaehee but she seemed fine, still asleep but fine.

“Your friend came to visit. She waiting outside for you.”

“She?” I only had one female friend, “Thanks for waking me up Miss Seo.”

I immediately fixed myself and then went outside. I saw Hyejoo sitting on one of the hospital benches. She looked distracted. She didn’t even realize that I was there. I had to sit down beside her for her to snap back to reality.

“Oh Suho oppa…” she straightened up and looked at me with sad eyes. Even the smile she just showed me was a sad one. “Long time no see.”

True. I used to spend almost every day with Hyejoo, for the last five years. I wonder why I only realized that now. I must feel like a crap friend to her again.

She turned to her side and I saw that she didn’t come emptyhanded.

“Hyejoo ya,” this was really unnecessary, “You shouldn’t have—”

“These are just fruits and some rice cakes. Snacks you know,” she interrupted me. She stared at me, one eyebrow up, “I figured you forgot to celebrate thanksgiving with all that’s happening right now. Still we should be thankful at least, right?”

What should I be thankful right? Maybe the fact that Jaehee's still awake? I don't know.

“I dropped by to see you Oppa… and Jaehee too,” she said in a sad voice.

She wanted to see Jaehee. I led Hyejoo inside Jaehee’s room. The sight of Jaehee sleeping in her hospital bed makes me smile, despite her condition. At least she’s just sleeping… still sleeping.

Hyejoo sat on the chair beside Jaehee. She kept looking at her, and stayed silent for a few minutes. I wonder what’s going through her head right now.

“I never knew that she was sick Oppa,” Hyejoo sighed and then turned to look at me this time, “She always looked independent, strong. I literally had no clue about what she’s going through. I should’ve been… less mean to… her before…”

A tear escaped on Hyejoo’s eye, and even though my insides felt heavy as well, I tried not to cry, not even in front of Jaehee, “She’ll be fine. She has always been strong. Jaehee will wake up soon.”

There. I said my new mantra out loud. Jaehee will live. Jaehee will wake up soon.

Hyejoo nodded and finally recovered herself. She looked around the room, maybe looking for a distraction. Thankfully she succeeded, “I see that you still have your camera with you. I thought you’re jobless by now.”

She smiled at her own joke and I supported her, “Don’t worry, I won’t be jobless for long. I have a new photo exhibit scheduled in the near future.”

Hyejoo looked surprised, “Really? When?”

“I don’t know yet, hopefully soon,” As soon as Jaehee’s awake. I already had a plan going through my head this past few days. After what happened, I had to meet my goal before it will be too late.

“It’ll be a huge success for sure,” Hyejoo encouraged me, as she always did, “I almost forgot, Uncle wanted you to go home. He wanted the both of you to talk.”

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter