2014 September 20 (Fall) 3

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind immediately went blank. It’s as if a part of me was scared that this would happen, even if I’m here with him for that purpose, “What… what did you say?”

He cleared his throat. Suho, with eyes also full of tears looked straight to mine and said in a low voice, “Everything… I remember everything.”

This is it… he finally knows… there’s no reason to be with him now. He finally knows everything.

“That’s a relief…” what I said was half meant. I was more afraid of him leaving than remembering everything in the past. “I’m sorry Suho ya…”

I cupped my hands to his face and watched him one last time before everything went dark.

I woke up being carried by Suho’s arms. We were already inside his house, and he was making his way to the second floor, straight to his room, both of us still wet because of the rain. When we entered his room, he immediately set me down the bed and then went back downstairs. When he got back, he was carrying my things, with Joowon just a few steps behind him carrying towels.

“Jaehee ya…” Joowon approached me and began covering me with a towel he was carrying. He was helping me dry my hair while I concentrated to stop my shivering, “Why did you suddenly run outside like that? It was raining heavily and you made Suho chase you like that!”

I looked apologetically to Suho, who was still busy looking for something inside my bag. He never spoke a word to me after I passed out, and it’s making me anxious.

“Sorry…” that’s the only word I could think of, and I was referring to the two guys in this room.

Before Joowon could reply Suho cut him off, “Joowon ah, can you wait downstairs please?”

Joowon froze for a moment, maybe because Suho wanted him to leave, or because he said the word ‘please’, “Oh... right, okay. I’ll just wait downstairs.”

As soon as Joowon left the room, Suho instantly walked towards me with an extended hand. I opened my right hand, and he placed my medicine container. Without speaking a word he backs away and moves to his closet, carefully choosing some decent clothes I assumed, for me.

After everything that he discovered today, he still has time to take care of me… I wonder what’s going through his mind right now.

He returned to me after picking some clothes. He put it on his bed, beside me, “These will make you warm. After all, it’s your fault for not bringing extra clothes earlier.”

His voice sounded so normal, like we were just having a casual conversation. He hasn’t reacted properly since he regained his memories. Well in ‘reacted properly’ I meant he hasn’t scolded me yet, on why I chose to hide the truth from him at first. I’m quite surprised why I’m still here in his room with him.

“Suho ya…”

“Hmm?” instead of looking at my face, his gaze was fixed on the unopened meds in my hand, “Why are you not drinking your medicine?”

“There’s no water here,” now I’m annoyed at myself. We should be talking about his past, not my condition. But before I could speak any further, Suho had already left the room.

Aish… now he’s back to being a babysitter again. I’m not even hurting anymore, well at least physically. Mom would probably go insane once she finds out I collapsed, and Taewoo oppa will not stop scolding me for being reckless. Should I also worry, like what Suho is doing right now? The last time I had an attack, was when I first met Suho in his photo exhibit, and before that was five years ago, at the pier.

“No… I’m fine…” I told myself repeatedly. There’s no way I’m back to being sick again, now that everything is the same as it was before.

Suho came back in seconds rather than in minutes carrying a glass of water in his hand. I reached for it and as soon as I finished taking my meds, Suho took the glass back and helped me stand up, “Now go wash up. I already the heater.”

Why is he so overly concerned? I’m not the only one who got wet because of the rain, “What about you?”

He looked shocked at first, and when I was about to ask why, he smiled, “You want me to shower with you Seo Jaehee?”

For the first time in my life, I wasn’t sure how to respond to Suho’s joke. I doubt we were in a funny situation right now.

“Suho ya…”

“I was just trying to lighten up the mood.”

“But still—”

He cut me off by covering my mouth with his hand. 'Instead of telling jokes, we should be talking about something serious' that was what i was about to say.

“Take a warm bath first, then we’ll talk. I don’t want you losing consciousness again.”

True to that, I was still shivering, so I had no choice but to follow his orders. I hurriedly headed to the bathroom near Suho’s room and originally planned to take a quick bath, but the warm water was perfect fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter