2014 October 11 (Fall)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

dramagirl's 1st note:

This is it chingus! I have a slight request to make as you read this chapter, and I swear it's all for your benefit.
I highlighted the piano pieces that I used in this chapter, and I hope that as you read the part, you will listen to the piece.
I couldn't even contain my feels when I listened as I typed! :D

I'll share the YT links for u:
May Be - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeU3LS_s03I
Kiss the Rain (String Ver) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8WQNCPdso8
River Flows in You (ft. Ruvin) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqofaIel314

Enjoy this chapter chingus :)

    First Love by SH Lee

 

The event hasn’t even started yet, but it already felt so hectic. Actually I think I’m the only person who felt uneasy, everything else were already on their place, my pictures were already on the walls of my studio, some were covered by a piece of fabric. I plan to reveal the main pieces one by one.

Last night the studio was so dark that I couldn’t appreciate the set-up inside the studio. The interior designers overdid it this time. It felt like we were transported back to the island where Jaehee and I once met.

The walls and the ceiling were painted in a sky blue color, making it look like we were having the exhibit under the cloudless sky. The opened glass windows enabled the sunlight to enter the studio. Besides the colors, flowers, tons and tons of yellow flowers were scattered and arranged all around the place. It reminded me of the garden near out house back in the island. There was a huge LED screen on one side of the wall, which showed the shores of Cheongsando, where Jaehee and I spent our first date. The set-up was amazing. They succeeded in making me feel like I’m on the island right now. I hope this will make Jaehee happy.

I only have an hour left until Jaehee arrives here. I busied myself welcoming my guests at the entrance. I greeted Mister Kang and some of his small faculty members, Kyungsoo and his classmates, some of my closest colleagues and the editors that I invited, Hyejoo succeeded in coming as well, she was accompanying my father.

“Oppa!” she ran towards me and gave me a big hug, my father followed her closely, “Congratulations on this event! It’s good to see that you’re still continuing on your career, despite everything that happened.”

“Thanks for coming Hyejoo ya,” I turned to my father and gave him a bow, “Thanks for coming Father.”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” he gave me a slight pat at the back. To make it less awkward, he looked around the studio, “It looks amazing.”

“Uncle’s right,” Hyejoo agreed, “It’s like you brought the island here with you. Where’s Jaehee unni? I don’t see her.”

She looked around and found no Seo Jaehee, “She’ll be here soon.”

I left Hyejoo and my dad to explore and prepared my piano pieces. I noticed that Mister Kang turned into a tour guide, narrating and explaining to the kids the smaller picture frames that weren’t concealed to public. I could hear the guests complimenting my scenic shots, I hope they will love my main pieces more.

Minutes later, while checking on the audio file for later, my phone rang. It was Park Joowon.

“Ready or not here we come!” he teased me.

He talked too loud, what if Jaehee heard him? “Don’t let her hear you!”

“Relax my friend, I’m at the front seat of Han Taewoo’s car, the ambulance is trailing behind us.”

I tried to relax, and I failed, “How many minutes?”

“Five minutes or so Suho ya,” it was Han Taewoo’s voice that answered me this time. Maybe Joowon put his phone on loudspeaker.

“Okay.” I abruptly hung up. I’ve never felt so tense right now.

“Miss Choi,” I called the event planner, “We begin in five minutes.”

“Yes Sir,” she left to signal others.

I positioned myself to the piano, where I will be hidden for the public for a while. I focus on concentrating about my only task for now, which is to play the piano.

Maybe… once Jaehee arrives… all this nervousness will go away.

“Suho oppa,” Hyejoo approached me alone, she must’ve sensed something’s up, “Are you okay?”

“Jaehee’s coming Hyejoo ya…” my voice was shaking a little. Of course she wouldn’t know why, the only people who knew the real purpose of this event was me, Miss Seo, Park Joowon, Han Taewoo, and my event planner. I don’t plan to surprise Hyejoo later, “I’m planning to propose to Jaehee today.”

“Oh,” that was the only word that escaped Hyejoo’s mouth. It was hard to read the expression on her face, until she smiled, “You’ll be fine Suho oppa. This is Jaehee unni we’re talking about.”

Perhaps Hyejoo’s right. I hope she will be.

“I better go and tell uncle the good news,” she gave me one last hug before she disappeared to the crowd.

Any minute now… I took deep breaths.

When I heard the sound of cars arriving in front of my studio, time stood still. In a manner of seconds, I will finally see Seo Jaehee. Thinking about that made me feel calm a little bit. Maybe Hyejoo was right, everything will be fine.

When I heard the car doors opening, I signal on one of the staff to start the event. They waited for me to play the piano first, I let out a huge exhale and started playing the introduction of Yiruma’s ‘May Be’.

After I few seconds of playing, I heard Hyejoo’s voice calling out Jaehee’s name, “Jaehee unni!”

“Mom,” I finally heard her voice, and only her voice. I instructed the staff to tell the guests to not make any noise once I started playing the piano. Good to know that everyone agreed.

"Mom, I thought we were going home…” Jaehee sounded clueless, and I don’t hear her wanting to leave either, which was good.

“Let’s watch Suho’s photo exhibit for a little bit,” Miss Seo subtly insisted.

“Good morning everyone,” my voice began to fill the room. I continued to hide and play behind my piano. Still, I couldn’t catch a glimpse o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter