2014 September 03 (Fall) 1

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do I really have to wear a mermaid tail Teacher Seo?” Kyungsoo interrupted me while I was reading the Little Mermaid story in class, “I don’t want to wear that, but Jongin keeps insisting that I must.”

“No Kyungsoo ya,” I answered him, and I turned my head to where Jongin was sitting, “I do want to see a mermaid crab on our play.”

Everyone laughed, even Jongin, but he wasn’t to be defeated by this, “Crabs have no fishtail Teacher Seo!

“And so does the Prince.”

Most of the children knew the story of The Little Mermaid, others reasoned out that the story was too old for the children nowadays, but no one can deny that it was one of the classics. I gave my art class up with the kids for the rehearsals. Family Day is just nine days from now, and I’m not even full of panic like Park Joowon was back then on our filming days.

I wonder where Park Joowon was right now. Maybe he was still stuck on the island, or maybe replaced Mister Kang’s job at our school. I lost contact with him, the same way I lost contact with Suho five years ago. I couldn’t blame him for not visiting me when I was hospitalized before, he never knew of my illness.

There was knock on our door, and Mister Kang came in with Lee Suho behind him. He doesn’t know when to stop. I pretended to not care, and greeted them happily for the kids.

“Good morning Principal Kang!”

“Good morning kids!” Mister Kang was all smiles for the kids, and surprisingly, so was Suho. “This man here with me is Mister Lee Suho, and he volunteered to help you guys prepare for your play,” Mister Kang looked at me like he was defending himself, “He’ll be a big help, he was once the Prince back then.”

Everyone clapped, while I was stunned at what Mister Kang’s words. Suho will help… will hang around to help us prepare for our play? How did he come up with this set-up? I’ll interrogate him later.

“You were the Prince too?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yes little guy,” Suho beamed at him. Apparently the present Suho loves dealing with kids. I wonder if the past him would act this way.

“Who was your mermaid Mister?” it was Jongin’s turn to ask, and his question made the other children curious.

“It’s your Teacher Seo of course.”

Everyone giggled, even Mister Kang. I can’t believe it. How am I going to explain this to the kids?

“Okay guys, I’m sure you all are hungry because of all the excitement, how about let’s have an early recess? Do you agree Principal Kang?” I don’t have to look directly at Mister Kang to see him agree. He had to. He left eventually, avoiding my presence.

I have to sacrifice my time with the kids, for them to momentarily forget what Suho just said. I walked out of the room, expecting Suho to tag along. I headed to the lobby, good thing he followed.

“What the hell Lee Suho?!” he had to stop all the stalking. Does he not have other things to do?

“Hey calm down,” he tried to suppress my annoyance, “I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter