2014 September 01 (Fall) 1

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kids! The principal has ordered me to tell you that on our family day this year, our section was assigned to…”

 “Tell us Teacher Seo!” prolonging the announcement was a torture to them.

“Okay, okay,” I surrendered to their petulant demands, “We’re going to do a musical play!”

Everyone applauded. They all loved performing on Family day, and the best part for them was watching their parents try to beat other parents, in a family battle to be held in their respective classrooms. Well, there are only three classrooms in Mister Kang’s little school, so there’s not much of a hassle whenever we plan for any school activities.

“The title of our play will be revealed later kids,” I wrote the words “Musical Play” on the blackboard, “As for now, let’s have each and every one of you to sing your favorite song up front, and maybe you will get to be the leading star of our play.”

“That’s unfair Teacher Seo,” complained Jongin, “obviously Kyungsoo will win this time.”

I’ll have to admit, Kyungsoo’s a singing prodigy. Whenever I ask them to sing in front of my class, everyone else will just sing Pororo’s opening theme song, or any other nursery songs, but not Kyungsoo. That child’s taste in music was more mature than the kids on his age. He would sing parts of a ballad song that would just send the other kids yawning and the grownups in awe.

“Then you have to sing well Jongin ah,” I encouraged him, but then our class was interrupted by the sound of the school bell ringing. It was already lunch time, “We’ll continue our class later. As for now, enjoy your lunch break kids.”

Everyone began connecting their table to their classmates’, seeing them eat together makes me happy. I decided to drop by the convenience store across the street to grab a quick lunch, but I was diverted by one of the school staff calling my attention.

“Seo Jaehee ssi, someone wants to talk to you. He’s waiting at the lobby.”

He? Must be Taewoo oppa… but he said he’ll some later in the afternoon, not during lunchbreak. I headed to the lobby, but what I saw was definitely not Han Taewoo.

“Seo Jaehee ssi?”

I said to myself that I will avoid him in the future, though Hyejoo warned me that he might come and find me. I knew that he will, just to clear the misunderstandings two days ago, but to come at my workplace? I didn’t expect that.

“How did you know—”

“I asked Hyejoo where to find you,” he reasoned out. “She knows how and where to find things. She would’ve given me your number, but I refused. I think I’ve intruded enough.”

Intruded enough? You’ve been in my life for more than five years you fool! “Why are you here?”

“I wanted to apologize, about the picture.”

“You already did, two days ago.”

“And for not recognizing you,” he added, his voice full of concern, “Hyejoo said you were one of my friends back in high school. You must have been in shock, I acted like a jerk.”

Friend? “You were always a jerk Lee Suho,” I teased. Jokes were half meant though.

His face looked surprised, “I was?”

I didn’t know what to say. How did his father and Hyejoo describe him in his past life? A saint, like what he was today? Maybe they described the old Suho as just a normal lad, living a normal life, facing only the problem a normal teenager can have. How could they totally erase what Suho was? I mean I thought only the amnesia can do that.

Good thing I didn’t promise Hyejoo anything, but I’m still not the right person to reveal everything to him.

“Teacher Seo!” someone called from behind. Oh no, it’s Mister Kang… and I’m with Lee Suho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter