2017 April 02 (Spring)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I texted Taewoo hyungnim that I’ll wait for him at the hospital cafeteria. It seems that he was still in the operating room for more than ten hours already based on what his secretary told me. I didn’t mind waiting because he was my big surprise to Jaehee by the time I return. It’s still uncertain whether or not I’ll be able to go back to the island today tomorrow. I thought that I will be spending more time in the admissions office but because you’re Doctor Han Taewoo’s friend, plus his mother’s influence, we were treated like a VIP here. I’m still overly grateful for Taewoo hyungnim’s family. They’ve done so much for Jaehee ever since she was little and even up to now.

The cafeteria was big, but there are only few customers eating. I decided to might as well eat while waiting. It’s been years since I last ate hospital food, even during Jaehee’s trips here. I still preferred to eat outside food. I don’t want to be reminded of the time I ate tasteless food for months while recuperating after my accident before.

Which reminds me… what if Jaehee was with me during those times? What if my father let her take care of me? What if I was hospitalized here in Seoul? She could take good care of me for sure, if our situation were not as complicated as before. Still, I preferred her away from me. What if her health failed because she was busy keeping me alive? Besides, Hyejoo did a good job in accompanying and taking care of me

Too much thoughts over sentimental food. Before I get any more emotional, I decided to just eat. The meal was good, of course it would differ to what they feed the patients. I tried to stop thinking of heavy things as soon as I ate. God their Americano tastes nice.

While eating, I heard someone calling my name, “Suho ya!”

It was Taewoo hyngnim, jogging towards my table. He was still wearing his scrubs underneath his white gown. His face looked tired, but you could tell he’s already used to the everyday stress, “Sorry I’m late. Being inside the OR for hours makes you forget the time.”

Of course. I offered him coffee before he could sit down and he took mine instead of ordering another. I let him have it. After taking a few sips, his expression changed. He felt more alive. Caffeine.

“Have you been to the admissions already?” he asked just when I was done eating. Before I could answer, he took my spoon and began eating my leftover side dishes.

“I did,” poor guy. “The only thing left to do is for Jaehee to show up.”

“Of course she will,” he answered with food in his mouth, “We also have to talk to the family of Jaehee’s donor. They’re still in the hospital right now.”

“Okay,” I shouldn’t forget the person who will help Jaehee live, plus the family who agreed for the transplant donation. I’m sure Jaehee would like to personally thank them as well, but maybe after the operation.

“She has to be here two days before the operation Suho ya,” Taewoo hyungnim reminded me. “She still has to undergo a few tests for the pre-op preparations.”

“I won’t forget hyungnim.”

“I know. Don’t worry. I’ll be there to make sure you won’t forget.” He gave me a wide smile.

“Clingy bastard,” I act annoyed whenever Taewoo hyungnim visits Jaehee, but the truth is, I’m more relieved when he’s there. Which is why I’m thankful that he’ll accompany us at the island despite his very busy career.

As of now, he will be free until Jaehee comes to Seoul here with us. He took a few days off just for this operation. That’s how much everyone has been waiting for this to happen. I emptied all my schedule up until Jaehee can manage without someone’s help. More or less four months, I think. Miss Seo will close down her restaurant at the island indefinitely, again, just for Jaehee. Even Joowon took a few days off just to accompany Jaehee before and during her operation. All of us have waited for years just for this next weekend to happen. Besides all of the excitement, all of us have been praying nonstop for Jaehee’s operation and fast recovery as well.

“Thank you again, hyungnim. For this, for everything you’ve done to Jaehee.”

“She’s like family to me Suho ya. You too, and aunt, and you dork friend from the island,” he confessed. “T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter