Part 4: If I Could See You Again

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My vibrating phone distracted me from my happy thoughts. I looked at the caller.

JAGIYA♥ 

I smiled. The person calling is the main reason of my happy thoughts right now, “Miss me already? I’m on the boat, and I have a surprise for you. I’ll be there in a few—”

“Suho ya…”

It wasn’t Jaehee’s voice. The voice belonged to Miss Seo. Also, her voice didn’t sound the same, it sounded forced… like she was restraining something.

Tears. After a few seconds I could hear her crying over the phone, and all of a sudden I could feel my eyes go wet, but they won’t fall. Could it be…

No. Jaehee was fine just this morning. She was fine enough to continue folding her little stars outside our house. If I knew something’s wrong with her, I wouldn’t have left her side. Plus, she’s going to have her weak heart replaced soon, the only thing weak in her. As new heart… a stronger one.

“Jaehee has…”

Miss Seo used a past tense.

I never imagined this day would come. I refused to even think this day would come. I’ve always thought about my future with Jaehee in it. Everytime others, even Jaehee, would let me think otherwise, I just brushed it off and tried to change the topic. I believed that if I don’t ever think of it as a possibility, it will definitely not happen.

Now that it did, I can’t even think of a way to stop the pain. It hurts so much and it’s all my fault. I just realized that no one could ever prepare himself to a loved ones passing. Even Yeri’s parent couldn’t prepare for this pain even though they knew. I knew. Miss Seo knew. She hasn’t said the words yet but the further silence was already a confirmation. Jaehee is… Jaehee has…

Even I couldn’t say it.

‘Suho ya, what’s wrong?’ Taewoo hyungnim shook me back to consciousness, and I found myself sitting on the floor. My whole body continued to sag, and all I wanted at that moment was for it to swallow me whole.

“Suho ya, talk to me damn it!” he was now angry. I couldn’t blame him. My chest began to hurt so much I think it would burst. This must be what Jaehee feels… I tried to make the pain stop by hitting my chest hard. It felt like it would bruise but I don’t care. I don’t know what to feel anymore.

Taewoo hyungnim must’ve realized that it was pointless to talk to me. He took my phone away from my hands, which were both already at the floor and not on one of my ears.

“Jaehee ya…”

I do hope Jaehee will be the one to respond and not Miss Seo. I’d rather think that Jaehee was just pulling a prank on me. I’d be angry as hell for sure, but at least she’s still alive… was alive.

But she won’t be Lee Suho because she is…

“Yes aunt,” Taewoo hyungnim’s voice turned grave. Now he knows. He too couldn’t do a thing to keep Jaehee alive, “I’m still with Lee Suho.”

He was silent for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter