2014 September 01 (Fall) 2

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind wondered elsewhere during my afternoon classes with the kids. I announced the chosen story for our play the moment I arrived at the classroom, and unlike me, they were again too excited about it. Kyungsoo and Jongin had no arguments regarding their role because Jongin wanted the role of the crab in the first place.

After our very short art class, everyone was preparing to go home. Luckily Kyungsoo’s driver was already waiting in the lobby for him, and sitting beside him was Taewoo oppa. I almost forgot that it was my check-up day today.

“Jaehee ya!” Taewoo oppa called me, and I approached him slowly. I hated check-ups.

“Excited for our session today patient?” he asked in a way that he was talking to a five-year old.

I scoffed, “Seriously oppa I can find my way to your hospital. Are you my doctor or my driver?”

Taewoo oppa laughed at my annoyance, then he went back to being normal, “I just don’t want you to get sidetracked Jaehee ya. Accidents happen you know,” he opened the umbrella he was carrying and escorted me to his car.

I didn’t notice that it was already raining outside. How could Taewoo oppa almost guess that I may have gotten sidetracked along the way if I was alone? Though I don’t think it was necessary to go to Han River anymore.

“How’s work?” he asked while driving.

“Same old,” I did not dare tell him that Suho dropped by earlier to talk, “Guess what we’re going to do on our musical play?”

“Let me see…” he thought for a moment, “The Little Mermaid?”

“How did you know?”

“You gave me a clue,” he answered confidently, and then he tried to imitate my voice, “Same old.”

“How witty Han Taewoo ssi,” I said in the most sarcastic way possible, “Sometimes I forget how impossibly smart you are.”

 

 

We were in his office, where I usually come once every month, to know whether or not I’m still far from dying.

“Based on the tests we’ve conducted…” he was studying the results on my chart, “the results were pretty expected for a sick person such as yourself,” he set my results down and looked at his computer, “It’s the abnormal cardiac rhythms that we need to pay attention to.”

“What do you suggest Doctor Han?”

“I suggest you pay close attention to your health Jaehee ya,” he was now in his doctor mode. He moved his chair in front of mine, wanting to have this conversation, “Seriously Jaehee ya.”

“I’m not doing anything dangerous oppa, I swear,” and I wasn’t even lying.

“Your condition was stable for the past five years Jaehee ya, and now…” he closed his eyes for a while and then opened them, “and now that Lee Suho has returned, the attacks came back with him.”

“You know very well that my illness has nothing to do with Suho.”

“But you always end up getting hurt whenever he’s concerned,” he held me by my shoulders and squeezed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter