2015 February 07 (Winter)

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of our wedding has finally arrived. Winter can be felt here in Cheongsando but the sunlight and cloudless skies make the day seem like its spring already. Jaehee wanted to have an outdoor wedding near the sea but the -5 degrees celsius temperature was not helpful for her condition.

Jaehee was the first to arrive at the wedding hall. I could see Miss Seo standing at the entrance.

"I should be welcoming you Miss Seo, not the other way around," I greeted her.

"It's fine, Jaehee wanted to be alone until the ceremony starts," she hugged me, "You know Suho ya, I love it when you call me 'Miss Seo' but I think you should be calling me 'Mom' by now."

"Should I... Mom?" I . I thought I would like it when I call her that, looks like I don't.

Even Miss Seo's expression agrees with me, "Maybe you should learn to call me that later."

After a few minutes Miss Seo entered the wedding hall, accompanied by my father and Hyejoo. Most of the people that we've invited have arrived already, but I still haven't seen my best man. I welcomed Mister Kang, Jaehee's students with their parents, my side of the family, Jaehee's side of the family, even the handsome looking Han Taewoo, who shouldn't look like that at my own wedding day. He came with his mother, also Jaehee's doctor.

This is one of the things I'm grateful for Han Taewoo and his family. They helped Jaehee ever since she was little, before we even met. I greeted Han Taewoo's mother politely.

"Suho ssi, best wishes to you and Jaehee," she greeted in return.

Han Taewoo's mother entered the hall first. It's because her son has a role to walk Jaehee down the aisle towards me, like a brother should.

I gave him a slight bow, "Thank you for coming hyungnim," I managed to stop calling him by his name all the time, but I still talk to him formally to make fun with him.

"Aigoo... you respect me so much little brother," he teased back, "Congratulations again Suho ya. I almost arrived late, though it was not my intention."

Which reminds me. I looked at my watch, only fifteen minutes left until the ceremony starts. Maybe I should go see Jaehee now. I ushered Taewoo hyungnim to come with me to Jaehee's waiting room.

Before I could knock at her door, I could hear sobs from the inside. It wasn't Jaehee's, the familiar sobs belonged to my best man Park Joowon. I thought she wanted to be alone.

I proceeded to knock at the door, and when I opened it, I saw Joowon struggling to stop crying.

"Hey Park Joowon. Shouldn't Jaehee be the one crying at her own wedding? You're more emotional than Miss Seo."

"It's because... Jaehee... Jaehee's so pretty right now."

I looked at Jaehee for the first time today, and indeed, she looked pretty. In fact, she was more than beautiful. She looked like an angel with the white dress she's wearing. Her skin looked as pale as the dress, but right now it didn't matter. Right now, I was just focusing at the Seo Jaehee that's standing in front of me, ignoring everything else.

"How do I look?" Jaehee asked curiously.

"I do," I unconsciously gave her a dumb reply.

I expected my best man to laugh but he didn't, Joowon was still busy controlling his sobs. Only Han Taewoo and Jaehee laughed at my stupidity.

"I gotta admit Seo Jaehee," he said as he approached Jaehee and gave her a hug, "You really are a heartbreaker."

I wanted to hug her as well but I resisted, "See you at the altar future wife."

I grabbed Joowon's arm and together we exited the room.

We were at the back waiting to be called by the announcer when Joowon finally calmed himself down.

"Sorry for crying like a baby earlier Suho ya."

I patted his back, "It's alright. I hear it's normal to be very emotional at weddings."

"I really hope..." Joowon looked at me straight in the eyes and said, "You and Jaehee will live happily ever after Suho ya."

"Thank you Joowon ah." I really hope so too.

Before I could end up crying like Park Joowon I heard my name being called at the hall.

Joowon was not at his spot in front so we walked together towards the aisle. The people made fun on who was the real groom between the two of us.

After a few moments it was Jaehee's turn. Everyone's heads were at the door all eager to see the bride, my bride. As the doors finally opened we finally had a glimpse on Jaehee.

There she was right there. My wife in a few minutes, my future wrapped in white. I used to just imagine this moment, like when I imagined Jaehee's reaction after my proposal. That time still felt so surreal to me, like what's happening right now.

I swear I could feel myself resisti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter