Commitment

SHE

Chapter 57:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I stare at myself in the mirror then sigh. “Am I ready for this?” I know I am hoping for nothing. He just wants to collaborate because of the music I make. I smile at the reflection of myself in the mirror. I huff out another deep breath. “I can live with that.” I have to live with that.

 

“Are you ready?” Eunjae asks while leaning on the doorframe.

 

“Yeah, I guess,” I reply and glance at myself one last time before grabbing my bag in the bed. “Let’s go. I can’t be late to a work commitment.”

 

“A work commitment, eh,” Eunjae mumbles.

 

I turn back and mutter, “Did you say something?” I act like I didn’t hear her. Well, I only heard ‘commitment eh’ but I do know what she is denoting to. “If you don’t hurry, I will nag the whole day at you,” I jest while running out of the room.

 

“Jihye!!! Wait!!!” Eunjae shouts. I know that she is running after me because I hear her heels clicking on the floor.

 

“Bye guys,” I shout, waving my hand giddily at the girls in the living room.

 

“Bye Jihye,” the girls say at the same time and I hear their take cares.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

 “You know that they are really worried about this commitment of yours,” Eunjae remarks as she drives towards the familiar road to YG building.

 

“I know. Who isn’t worried?” I inquire back, without removing my gaze outside. “I am worried and so, do you. YG is worried, which is why Teddy-oppa is going to be in a room full of negative friction.” Yes, yes, triple yes; Teddy-oppa will be in one room together with me and Jiyong. That only means that he is the unfortunate sacrificial lamb to be in between me and Jiyong.

 

“I am so worried for Teddy-oppa. I hope he doesn’t go crazy.”

 

I turn my head towards Eunjae and scowls at her. “If you are not driving, my hand has already landed on your head,” I tell her sternly.

 

Eunjae chuckles and replies, “I am thankful that I am driving or that would have hurt as hell. Are you sure you are meeting him in jeans and a simple shirt? I thought you would have worn a dress or killer heels not flats.”

 

I scan my ensemble from head to toe. “I think I am fine. I need to be comfortable when I’m writing music after all.” Do I need to do the dress to impress method? I think that’s not even needed. If only things are simpler like then.

 

“We are only a mile away, Jihye. Are you ready? Tie your hair and hide it in your cap then wear the oversized jacket to hide your ies,” Eunjae glances at my s with an amused smirk.

 

“Really?” I remark sarcastically.

 

She giggles. “Wear the glasses and we are good to go,” she says.

 

“I look like I’m gonna rob an office with this get up,” I tell her with an incredulous expression.

 

“It’s appa’s order,” she answers. “I can’t do anything about that. He is just taking caution, super extra caution. We, both, know that nobody wants for another circus of gossips.”

 

I chuckle then laugh out loud. “Circus, really? Don’t you have a more terrible description of it?”

 

Eunjae laughs with me then stops. “Seriously, wear them already,” she says seriously.

 

I stare at her dubiously and roll my eyes. “Yes, yes, I will wear them already, ma’am.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“What’s with that getup?” Teddy-hyung utters in shock.

 

“I am asking the same thing,” Jihye responds wearily as she removes the glasses, jacket and the cap. “I’m supposed to rob a bank but the bank is close, so, the mission is a failure. Kidding aside, shall we start? I only have an hour after all.”

 

“Are you for real? I thought sajangnim is just kidding when he said that an hour a day and done in a week,” Teddy-hyung shrieks.

 

“Well, Jiyong agreed with it,” she looks at me then glances back to Teddy-hyung, “so, I thought there are no more objections about it.”

 

“At least give me an hour more,” Teddy-hyung compromises. “We can’t even finish recording the song in the time frame you have given.”

 

Jihye sighs. “Arasso, arasso,” she says reluctantly. “I’ll give you an hour more but still a week. That’s all I can compromise. If that’s the entire objection then let us brainstorm to get the right lyrics and theme of the song.”

 

I am right. Jihye is alright even when I am around. There’s no awkwardness when she talks about me. Am I the only one having a hard time moving on?

 

“Jiyong,” Teddy-hyung snaps his fingers in my face to get my attention.

 

“Yes,” I answer, still a bit daze.

 

“Let’s start. We’re waiting for you,” Teddy-hyung remarks.

 

“Okay, let’s start,” I respond. I walk towards the table and I see Jihye looking at me then she looks away. What’s with the expression? Is that sadness or she’s only in a daze like me?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

I stretch my hands and the pencil I am holding drops on the floor. “I’ll just get coffee, hyung. Do you want some?”

 

A knock on the door startles us then it opens. “Hey,” Dahee says sheepishly. “I have brought coffee. Jihye says that it is a token of apology for leaving early. She said that tomorrow she will extend an hour more for you to finish the song ASAP.” She places the coffee on the table. “I do hope I got the right blend. Jihye told me you like those but we are not sure if you changed your preferences.”

 

I inspect the blend and it is right. Well, my blend of coffee is still the same. I didn’t change it at all. “Where did she go anyway?” I inquire.

 

Dahee is about to answer but she suddenly stops herself. “Well,” she stutters, “she said it’s an urgent matter and didn’t get any more specific than that. Why do you ask?”

 

“Well, I know how Jihye works and she’s not like that. So, I am a bit curious on what’s making her change her ways in work ethics,” I respond truthfully. There’s nothing to hide after all because I am really curious.

 

“Well, it’s an important matter, I guess,” Dahee remarks uncertain.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“It’s been a while darling,” I speak warmly and places my favorite flower on the vase. “I’m sorry for not visiting as often as I want to. I am trying to make myself busy but I am busy at a wrong choice for the week. My contractor is stoic and always declines the ideas I am giving to him. I even want to rip his face but I can’t do it. You will get mad at me for sure.”

 

“Anyway, why are you so dirty? I hired someone to take care of your place. I think they are slacking on you, darling. You better whip their asses for them to work hard. Whenever I come here, you are always dirty and I always end up cleaning you and your place. Try to be neat sometimes, too.”

 

“Anyway, again, I am sorry for not taking good care of you, that you didn’t come out to this world, even so, darling, you are a blessing to me. You made me stronger and appreciative of my every day’s life. Darling, it has been exactly two years since you died and a few days from now, is the exact two year date when I left your father. I know you are mad at me for leaving him but your father is a bit war freak when someone bullies his love ones. That’s why I decided to do that. I apologize for it but I will do it again even if you bring back time.”

               

“Jihye…”

 

I look back, my eyes widen in surprise. I don’t expect to see her in here. What is she doing here? “Haeri,” I utter.

 

“I just want…”

 

“Stop,” I raise my hand, “I don’t want to hear anything, not your lame excuses, Haeri. Just leave me alone,” I say stern.

 

“But…Jihye…”

 

“I have to go, darling,” I say to my angel in the sky and leave in haste.

 

“Jihye…wait…”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Haeri’s P.O.V

 

My eyes land on the square marble. “A beautiful angel sent to the sky with a smile, from the loving parent, Jihye Song…” I gasp in shock and read and read it again. I read the date and I realized how huge the mistake I’ve committed.

 

“Did I…did…”

 

“Yes, you did it. You killed an innocent infant because of your blind love, Haeri.” Eunjae affirms what I have been thinking. She appeared out of nowhere. “Do you now know how miserable you made Jihye? That’s what you want, right? To make her suffer, for her to lose everything, for her to give up on Jiyong, that is what you want. You made it happen in one go. She lost the most precious thing that God can give her. You know what’s worst, is that she’s too stupid to protect the career of Jiyong that she didn’t file a law suit against you for killing their child.”

 

Every time Eunjae tells me something, it hits me like a big rock. The pain and suffering I have cause Jihye is not what I want for her. Yes, I may have blindly love Jiyong too much and I realize that in prison that it’s not worth it. I have my family supporting me and I blindly turn away from them. In prison, I understand the preciousness of family. And now, I understand it more because of Jihye.

 

Jihye loves Jiyong too much that she didn’t want him to ruin his career just for her. “What have I done? I didn’t know that…”

 

“Your ing too late to redeem yourself because Jihye will never have her child back even if you apologize a million times. I told you this for you to ing suffer. It is for you to feel how guilt eats you alive.” Eunjae leaves after she said that.

 

“What have I done? What have I done?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Comment!

Upvote!

Subscribe!

Kamsahamnida!

-authornim