Handwriting

SHE

Chapter 14:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

Are they really going to follow me until the grocery store? Aisht! Do I really have to call them just to do petty things for me? I look back in my rear view mirror and see the reporter tailing my car. They must have thought it is the boys getting out of the house.

 

Why do reporters like to follow stars on their peaceful vacation and take photos like they are doing something bad while they are on vacation? Just stating though. I know it is their work but celebrities have private lives that they didn’t want to talk about. Isn’t it unfair that they couldn’t have a relaxing vacation because cameras are everywhere getting scoops?

 

Well, I do know too that other celebs like to do shocking and worth a scoop and I definitely will read that but at the same time it is funny that they let those thing slip in their midst and get caught red handed but there is pity too because the celeb will be swarm with paparazzi asking for answers. They have a chaotic life, aren’t they?

 

I sigh and shake my head. I’m not even a celebrity, why am I being followed like one?

 

I decide to lose them. I’m still miles away to the grocery store after all. I might as well have my fun with this reporter.

 

I smile as I accelerate the speed of my vehicle. Even if he takes a photo of the car, he will not get a clear image of me as the driver. My car is heavily tinted after all. Nobody will believe him if he pass a photo of a car and allege that it is the boys driving it.

 

Well, some may believe him but it will die as soon as it posted since the boys are with their managers in the house and this will be taken as a decoy to get rid of the paparazzi in the house. Well, if they have the same thinking as me. You can’t read or may know what the others are thinking anyway.

 

I’m back only to see the boys lying in the floor near the fireplace. They set the center table at the side to get enough space for all of them. Mind you, they are all sleeping so soundly. They really do feel at home. I shake my head in disbelief but let them sleep for a while.

 

I look around to search for the managers but they are nowhere in sight. They must have left already. They’ll be back sooner or later to check on this kids. They are worry warts after all.

 

“What should I cook for lunch then?” I chime while my pouted mouth moves from side to side.

 

I start to chop the ingredients for lunch. I shall do a western dish today. I’m not that good in Korean food anyway. Might as well do something I’m comfortable with rather to ruin some delicious food with experimentation.

 

“Hey,” Eunjae greets me on the other line. We are having a video call and this is the time where all of the girls are in one place or sometimes awake.

 

“Hey, are you all awake now? Aunt sent me the photos at the annual party. I didn’t know that you are bringing a date.” I sneer at her.

 

She raises a brow then scoffs. “Mama brought that ing guy to be my date. She thinks I need to settle down already.”

 

I chuckle and look at her amusedly. “Are you ready to settle down then?”

 

“,” she cusses, “I’m allergic to that topic. You are the person who knows that the most.”

 

“I know, okay? There is no need to curse like it is the vilest topic you have heard.” I tell her while checking the chicken I’m cooking.

 

“I heard that Dahee told you something about that freaking TOP of Bigbang,” she mutters. I pause to what I am doing and look at her dubiously. “Tsk, tsk, tsk,” she clicks her tongue while wagging her finger to me, “don’t give me that look lady. We all know that you are our Pandora’s Box and you know all of our secrets. So spill it out,” she exclaims.

 

“You do know that a Pandora’s Box is not supposed to be opened.” I counter cunningly.

 

“Sheesh,” she scoffs, “you’re the un-secretive Pandora’s Box in existence,” she responds imperiously at me.

 

My gaze hovers over the place where the boys are lying in sleep. I bet TOP will love to hear some of the juicy details Dahee have told me before I go here. It is really a fruitful talk we had and I must say that he is going to be one lucky guy if he knows what Dahee had said.

 

“Morning, Jihye,” Dahee greets still rubbing her eyes from drowsiness.

 

I stifle a laugh at how Dahee’s timing is so perfectly perfect to me. She just gives me a nice out of the conversation I am having with a probing Eunjae. I glance at Eunjae and she is annoyed to be ward off.

 

Well, one thing you should know about Dahee is that she may be a shy kind of a person but she doesn’t want being talk about behind her back especially if it’s about a person of interest or her love life. Hell will break lose if she knew that Eunjae knew what she told me about the great TOP-oppa.

 

“Where are Chaewon and Sumi by the way?” I inquire, laughing deep inside for annoying Eunjae to this beautiful sun shiny day.

 

“Sumi slept in her parent’s home while Chaewon, she is busy stalking a boy group, maybe. We didn’t see her since morning, right Dahee?” She leans her head back to ask Dahee.

 

“Yeah, she is missing every morning. Do you know what boy group wake up so early for her to get up like a lunatic?” Dahee asks innocently but she had a funny notion about Chaewon.

 

 “I don’t know. I’m not familiar to any boy group after all. And she didn’t tell me anything about a new boy crush after all.” I reply stirring the soup for lunch. “Did she drop a hint about a particular guy?" They shake their heads.

 

Dear Chaewon, you are going to be interrogated like hell when you get home. You pique the interest of certain females with curiosity level of a paparazzi. I pray for your patience though.

 

"I'm home," I hear Chaewon's voice.

 

Ah! She's home and the paparazzi level is still in its peak. Uh-oh! I can see the girls’ eyes twinkling like diamonds. "I better sign out for now. I'll talk to you again later when all of you are home." I wave my hand and press the end call button.

 

"I know you are awake, boys. You do not know how to move quietly at all." I announce, my brow raised and my eyes amused.

 

"So, Dahee spoke about me to you? Is it something worth listening?" TOP-oppa asks me wiggling his brows.

 

I scoff and act to zip my mouth. "It is something I like to keep to myself," I reply sweetly. “Will you guys set the table for us to eat lunch already?” I say meaningfully.

 

They look at me surprise but then, “Arasso,” they all mutter at the same time while standing up.

 

I smile then shake my head. At least, they have use to me. They are not only sitting pretty like superstars on me because while they are in my house they are not freaking celebrities to me.

 

Big Seunghyun slings his arm around me and bow down a little. “What did Dahee speaks about me?” He whispers.

 

I pinch his arm and unwound it off me. “Whatever she and I have talked about is none of your business, Seunghyun-oppa.” I give him a strained smile.

 

He raises his hands in surrender. “I will stop asking now. Can I ask if it is something to be happy or not?” He inquires.

 

I look at him then give him a sly smile. “Let’s eat,” I announce, leaving him in his position.

 

“Yah! That’s not an answer,” he exclaims.

 

“I never say I will reply,” I counter back, taking my seat at the dining table. "Anyway, when are you going back to Seoul?" I inquire.

 

Jiyong grabs my plate and get me two spoonfuls of rice and same amount of chicken while Youngbae on my side give me a bowl of soup.

 

I eyed them suspiciously. "Why am I being served like this? Are you trying to help Big Seunghyun?" I remark peculiarly. I notice them tensed up a bit that makes me want to laugh but a little delighted that they are helping TOP get what he wants.

 

"Arasso," I utter kindly, "Big Seunghyun has a chance on Dahee. That's all I'm going to say. I'm not going to tell anything more." I grab a bite of my food but I have been given a tight and warmly hug by Big Seunghyun.

 

"That's more than enough to know," he says exhilarated and pecks me on the cheeks.

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“Are you going there tomorrow?” Eunjae asks her seriously.

 

She is sitting in the couch near the fireplace while drinking red wine. She’s been like that for quite some time since we all went to bed. But that isn’t what bothers me; it is the sadness in her eyes while gazing at the fire.

 

It is already past 11 in the evening and the boys are all asleep because we have the flight back to Seoul tomorrow morning.

 

“What are you doing there?” Hyung asks me suddenly. I jump in surprise and he covers my mouth with his hand.

 

I glare at him and tear off his hand off my mouth. “I’m not going to shout,” I exclaim in a whisper.

 

“Yeah,” we hear her speaks, her voice sorrowful.

 

We exchange glances. What are these talking about? Eunjae and her acting so serious like. That is way creepy. Even hyung can’t fathom to believe it.

 

“How many years has it been?” Eunjae asks again.

 

“Five? Or is it six? I don’t remember anymore. It’s like more than that but it is actually shorter than that.” She replies then sips her drink.

 

“The question is does it still hurt?”

 

Both hyung and I stop breathing waiting for her answer. But it didn’t come. She just stay quiet and look at nowhere in the room. Hyung tugs my sleeve and says we should go to bed already. “It’s not a topic we should hear, Jiyong.” He says in a low voice.

 

Arasso,’ I reply turning around to walk back to our room.

 

That night I have the most sleepless night ever. I have been thinking about the topic on what they are talking about. It is really oddly weird to see them and hear them like that. The sadness and worry on their voice will make you think the way as mine.

 

And since I am awake almost all the night, I am the first person to get up and my manager already sent me a message that they are on their way to pick us up.

 

I go down to check if she is already awake. It is already 7 in the morning, and she is awake by this hour of morning. As I go down, the lights are still on but there is no sign of Jihye at all.

 

There is breakfast prepared in the dining table and it is all set for us and the managers who will pick us up. I can smell brewing coffee in the kitchen too. I am going to check on her room but my eyes get a glimpse of a small paper on the counter top.

 

I already prepared breakfast for all of you, including the managers. Help yourselves. Don’t worry about the dirty dishes, you can leave them there. I can clean them when I get back. Have a safe trip. :D

 

                                                                xoxo Jihye xoxo

 

Is it my mind playing on me or her writing seems like Anna? And both of their letters are written in English. Shall I check when I get home?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like or love it!

Please, leave a comment!

-Authornim

Kamsahamnida!

Hengsho!