Playfulness

SHE

Chapter 13:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

We have arrived back to the house and there is still no sign of the guys waking up. Judging from her reaction earlier when I asked about her noticing Kiko’s insincere apologies, which she didn’t answer as we jog back in here, she knows that Kiko is only apologizing to redeem herself in front of me. That’s why she is so pissed off and burst like that back then.

 

She walks upstairs to the direction of our room. She slightly opens the door and peeks in. She chuckles to whatever she saw and closes the door quietly shutting it down. “I will just take a shower,” she says walking towards her room and didn’t wait for my answer.

 

Aisht! I shall think of a way to make amends to Kiko. To make amends, huh? I sigh and shake my doubt away. I will make amends to her and save the relationship we have now. Then my shoulders slump, why do I have to be the one who has to say sorry? I didn’t do anything wrong. Well, maybe for the fact that I have dreamt of Jihye as Anna.

 

She resembles Anna, my first love. Yeah, Anna is my first love the person who haunts me with only a one night stand. But Anna is a surge of strong waves while Jihye is the calm and cooling breeze. They are definitely two different persons who probably have the same features.

 

I walk out of the room after the warm long shower and still the boys are still fast asleep. I walk down only to see Jihye cooking breakfast. As I gaze at her, I realize that she looks beautiful with her hair tied back like last night.

 

"Can I help you with something?"

 

She squeals in surprise then giggles at her action. "I didn't notice you there. Are you there for a while?"

 

"Ani (No)," I shake my head, "I just got out of the room and saw you cooking," I explain.

 

"Ah," she utters, "can you cook then?" She asks teasingly.

 

"Yah!" I yell at her and she just laughs at me. "I can cook," I say in my defense. She looks at me distrustfully. "Hey! You doubt me too much," I whine.

 

"Arasso (I understand/okay), cut this for the soup." She orders and I quickly do what she bids me too. A girl who cooks is really such a pleasing girl to see especially when she is bubbly like this.

 

A while later, she is squealing and running away from me, "Jiyong, that's a chili paste. It will stain my clothes." She grumbles but she is giggling like the girl she is. Why do I feel like I know her? She really is just like Anna. The way she giggles and laughs are like her.

 

I chase after her with the chili paste on my finger. Consecutive clearing of throats halts me from chasing her. I look up to see the boys looking at us suggestively.

 

"Good morning," she greets casually like nothing is wrong.

 

"Great morning, hearing your squeals is a good wake up call." Hyung says mischievously.

 

She chuckles and waves her hand to dissuade the notion Hyung is implying. "Anyway, have you all washed your face?" They all nod their head. She claps her hand and exclaims, "Let’s eat then."

 

"This is delicious, noona," Seungri praises as he continues to put food in his mouth.

 

Jihye looks at him appalled but laughs softly. "I do enjoy seeing you eating, Seungri. You are like the boy version of Sumi. She eats like that too in the house." She tells cheerful.

 

"Can I date Sumi then?" He says inquisitively.

 

"No," she replies seriously in a flat tone.

 

We all laugh at her pure rejection of Seungri's idea. Maknae chokes on his food that made us laugh all over again.

 

"You're so ruthless. You should have rejected me softly." He whines at her but she only smiles at him sweetly.

 

"Do you know someone whose name is Anna?" I ask all of a sudden when I notice her smile resembles Anna. She smiles just like that when we met her in the bar.

 

She looks surprised but maknae chokes in his food again and looks at me in utter horror and then her eyes shift to maknae's wellbeing.

 

"Why are you asking Anna out of the blue?" Hyung butts in seriously while grabbing a bite of his food.

 

"Is this the Anna we met years ago?" Youngbae inquires. I nod my head in reply. "Why did Anna comes to the picture?" He asks confused.

 

"I just see some resemblance on her." I answer truthfully.

 

"Yeah, she really does looks like her a little but Anna lives in Japan, doesn't she?" Daesung agrees but contradicts himself after.

 

"I don't know any Anna who looks like me but I know many Anna girls in other countries," she replies innocently. "Is she someone important to all of you?"

 

"Ani (No)," we all speaks at the same time but she looks at me a little doubtful. It must be the way I answered uncertain.

 

"Anna who lives in Japan?” she muses. “Shall I ask out for her with my friends in Japan?" She offers.

 

"There's no need. I just saw the resemblance in you. That’s all." I decline and continue eating. She shrugged then continues to eat too.

 

She is washing the dishes again. We all offer to help but she all declines our help and tells us to sit and watch television and so we did. But Hyung is with her talking in whispers while she is washing the dishes. Hyung is leaning his back on the counter his hands crossed in his chest and has this serious face on him.

 

They look so good together with their carefree and ease attitude between them. But he says that it is only a brotherly and sisterly love between them. I don't doubt that because it is really obvious that they are like that to each other, chiding each other’s like siblings.

 

Seungri comes to them his hands put together like his praying but it looks like he's apologizing about something.

 

"Are they hiding something from us?" Youngbae elbows me lightly. I shrug and go back to watching television. "But now that you pointed it out, she really does resemble Anna." He mutters before watching television again.

 

"Ah!" Daesung stands up. We look at him astounded and waiting for him to say something else. He turns his head slowly and speaks, "Did you tell our managers to not check on us today?"

 

The information hits us and we hurry to go out of the house to check if our managers are breaking into a conclusion of us sneaking out again. And yeah, they are all in panic mode while walking to and fro in front of the damn door.

 

"You should tell them you are safe." She expresses thoughtfully looking at our pitiful managers.

 

"Why are you hiding in that corner?" We ask at the same time and our heads turn in her direction.

 

She points outside. "There is a reporter lurking outside waiting for a scoop and your managers' oblivious to him." We stare at where she is pointing and there is really a reporter there, not noticeable by first glance but you will see him if you look carefully.

 

"Why not act like your managers got the wrong house?" She suggests. How did she know what we are thinking? "You're all easy to read. Your faces told me that you are thinking of an excuse right before the lenses of a reporter." She asserts calmly.

 

"Right," we mutter at the same time.

 

"So, you are telling us that you almost got us a heart attack when you are just only in the next house?" Manager Lee screams in reprimanding tone.

 

"You should calm down, Manager Lee," she says amusedly while placing down a cup of coffee and water in front of Manager Lee. "They just slept here trying to be my knights in fashionable clothes because I'm all alone in the house." She explains gently.

 

"But, they should still have told us about it." Manager Han expresses his disagreement.

 

She chuckles and agrees with him. "But, they arrived so late at night and must be tired from all things going around them. Don't you think so? Sajangnim might have seen that, that's why he sent them here in a much quieter place." She reasons out for us while we are like nodding fools agreeing to her.

 

"Why are you defending them, Jihye-ssi?" Manager Lee turns towards her raising an inquiring brow at her.

 

"Well, it is partly my fault since this is my house after all," she replies smiling warmly at the managers. Boom! They are completely mouth shut. That smile kills them all and makes them speechless.

 

All our managers scratch their nape in embarrassment and Jihye gives us an okay sign and a mischievous smile. We cover our mouths to stop laughing.

 

This girl is really manipulative. I feel sorry for our managers being trap in her acting but she just saves our , so, I'm thankful to her. Managers like to nags us all the time after all and she pacifies our woes with her charming and witty acting.

 

"So, case close," she inquires and everyone nod their heads. "Okay, I'll go to the grocery to buy ingredients for our lunch and dinner tonight. Do you want something?" She asks while grabbing her wallet on the table.

 

"I'll go with you," I propose.

 

She gives me a bewilder look. "I do need a normal companion and you are not normal at all," as she points at my clothes.

 

I look at my clothes. What's wrong with my clothes? I do look normal.

 

"Normal in my vocabulary is a person who wears jeans and a simple shirt," she tells trying to suppress the smile on her lips. It is obvious that she is forcing herself not to smile. "And normal in my vocabulary is something that doesn't acquire reporter outside," she points again.

 

"Aigoo, it's a good thing my car is heavily tinted or else I will be caught on another rumor," she mumbles innocently not. She says that aloud for everyone to hear especially me.

 

"Arasso, I'm not normal and I get it you don't want any more issues," I raise my hands in surrender.

 

She chuckles and shakes her head. "Did I say something like that?" She asks charmingly.

 

"You do," we affirm.

 

"Aigoo, am I hearing people grumbling?" She jests again while chuckling. "Anyway, do you need anything else?" She asks seriously.

 

"Ice cream," Seungri responds raising his hand.

 

"In this cold weather," she asks in surprised.

 

"That's maknae for you," we chime at the same time.

 

"Anything else then?" She inquires again. When no one answers, she claps her hand and waves goodbye.

 

Is she going to be safe like that? Will she not be followed by the reporter and capture a photo of her?

 

"Jiyong-ah, stop thinking too much, your creases on the forehead is increasing." Hyung teases waggling his brows up and down. I glare at him but it didn’t affect him at all. Well, nothing can affect Choi Seunghyun especially when he’s having fun jesting others.

 

“Are you going to sleep here again?” Our managers ask again.

 

“Yes,” we chime like children answering their teacher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for reading!

I hope you like or love it!

Please, leave a comment!

~authornim~

A/N: I am grateful for my readers! Kamsahamnida! Hengsho!