[IX]

She Has The Handcuffs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>>She Has The Handcuffs - KaihleeLo<<<<

hapter IX - The Past -

-Freshman year-
Ga In was surrounded by a group of fellow students in the classroom, each asking for a signature. Ga In was treated like a celebrity after everyone heard that her father, a detective, solved a big case that has been closed for two decades. Kahi and Hyungsik watched from afar, a proud smile was imprinted across her face, her dimples showing. Instead of worrying about Ga In's popularity, Hyungsik swallowed the lump in his throat when he wanted to move close to Kahi. 

He had been crushing on her for the longest time and everyone know that, even Kahi. 

The teacher walked pass Kahi and Hyungsik by the doorway pushing them aside, they noticed a boy with round glasses were following him. "Take your seats!" The teacher shouted scaring the whole class, and slowly everyone scattered toward their seats, leaving Ga In some space. Kahi and Hyungsik followed the crowd and moved toward their seats, Kahi sat to Ga In's left toward the window while Hyungsik sat behind Kahi. 

The teacher, a man in his forties, stood behind the podium with a stick in one hand. "Everyone, remember last week when I said we're going to have a new student right?" 

"Yes Teacher~" The students answered in unison and the teacher slapped the podium with his stick causing some students to jump. 

"Good! Now, please introduce yourself." He placed the stick in front of the new student whom kept his head hanging and face down. The boy peeked up a little toward Ga In then dropped his head again. Some students begun giggling when the boy didn't even raise his head. The teacher cleared his throat, "Introduce yourself." He repeated and finally the boy lifted his head once, but then dropped it back down. Everyone laughed and the teacher in his breath toward their direction. "Silence!"

"Hey.... Doesn't he have a short face?" Hyungsik whispered from behind Kahi and she smiled a little at that. 

"Anyway" the teacher started, "this is Kim Soo Hyun everyone. Be nice to him from now on got it?" The teacher said and some students nodded, except one. 

"Teacher." The boy near the back corner raised a hand and called out to their teacher. 

"What is it Hoya?" The teacher asked and the boy lowered his hand. 

"Isn't Soo Hyun a girl's name?" 

The class fell into a laughter fit until the old latter stopped them with the banging of his stick. "You-! Go outside right now!" The teacher shouted and the boy sighed with annoyance and stepped outside. "This kid, how dare you all laugh at someone's name?! Did I teach you to do that?!" The teacher scolded the students and they became quiet. 

Ga In crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair. 

"Then, Soo Hyun, since our Dongwoo isn't here, please take the seat beside Hyungsik for now until your new desk come in tomorrow. Hyungsik raise your hand." Hyungsik's facial expression was soured, he was strongly against the idea of sitting near the new kid. 

"Teacher, can't he take Hoya's seat? Why does he have to sit next to-?"

"You brat! Did I tell him to sit on your lap?! Why are you being so greedy?" 

Hyungsik sighed and ruffled his own hair, Soo Hyun walked over and nervously moved into the desk beside Hyungsik and behind Ga In. "Then everyone, take out your book and turn to page 104, Hyungsik, share your book with Soo Hyun." The teacher stated then turned toward the board with a chalk in his hand. 

During lunch time, Soo Hyun ate alone near the stairs. "Hey Soo Hyun." Soo Hyun looked up when someone called his name and noticed it was the boy known as Hoya. He had a basketball around his arm and was standing with two taller boys. "Are you having fun eating alone?" Soo Hyun turned away from the three and looked down at his food. It was rice with sushi today; in a plastic container.

Then Hoya tossed the ball into Soo Hyun's arms, knocking the container out of his gasp. "Let's play a round of basketball instead." Hoya said and walked away while the two taller boys moved over and hooked their arms around Soo Hyun, pulling him outside.

Soo Hyun's hands were clapsed together as he alone faced the three latters. Hoya dribbled the orange ball up and down in a smooth pattern. "Do you play a lot of basketball? Soo Hyun?" He asked, somehow it sounded sincere when he just asked the question, but when he butchered Soo Hyun's name, it became insulting. Soo Hyun shook his head and kept his eyes down, only seeing Hoya's brand tennis shoes. 

Rich kid.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter