[XVIII]

She Has The Handcuffs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>>She Has The Handcuffs - KaihleeLo<<<<

hapter XVIII - Plans -

Jae Suk dried his wet face and then sniffed before slowly reaching into his pant's pockets, while Soo Hyun watched from the side. Soo Hyun noticed him extracting a dark item, then the door swung wide open and caught Soo Hyun's full attention; Jae Suk pushed the material back into his pocket. 

Ga In walked over and stood beside Soo Hyun, "Get up." She said and Soo Hyun's eyes widen. 

"Huh?" He asked with a confused expression. 

"Get up, follow me." Ga In demanded and spun on her heels before heading toward the exit. Soo Hyun froze a moment and thought he must have imagined seeing Ga In coming in and leaving in a matter of seconds. But once she poked her in by the door, he knew she came. Ga In's expression hurried Soo Hyun to his feet as he bowed to Jae Suk, excusing himself, before following her.  

While following Ga In;  the feel of the whole building was somewhat strange. Officers, detectives, and assistants were chatting until Ga In and he had entered the room and was passing by. He could hear gossiping about a certain "shameful" thing and most glanced their direction with a strange look. But before Soo Hyun could figure why the atmosphere was different, Ga In pulled him by the wrist and they headed toward their office together.

Ga In seated Soo Hyun in his chair and shut the door, then she crossed her arms and took a few steps until she was a step away from him. She held out a hand and Soo Hyun watched it waved up and down; Ga In wanted something from him. "W-what...?" 

"Where's your hand phone?" 

Soo Hyun's shot his eyes up and gazed directly into Ga In's. "Why?"

"I've spent the whole day trying to contact you, why did the voicemail lady say your number is no longer in service?" 

"Ah, I got a new phone." Soo Hyun explained without thinking of the consequences. 

"Since when?" She asked folding her arm over the other. 

"Uh yesterday." 

"Why?"

Soo Hyun process his thoughts for a slight second, "I kept getting prank calls so I changed it." 

"And when were you planning to tell the department or me?" 

Soo Hyun paused for a moment, still not sure why he suddenly felt like Ga In was interviewing him to test whether he qualified for a job or not. Soo Hyun hummed when he wasn't sure how Ga In wanted him to reply. 

"What happen if a case came up and we can't get a hold of you? Until then, were you planning to be irresponsible for whatever happen?" Ga In asked in a cold voice. This reminded Soo Hyun of when Ga In didn't show up to the last big case and Soo Hyun ended in the hospital for her no-show action. 

"Sorry." Soo Hyun apologized right away and averted his eyes from hers. An awkward silence filled the room until Ga In moved over and sat in her seat across from him. 

"Putting that aside, I've dug up certain clues that could lead us to finding the culprit of Representative Lee Byung Hun's case. Whatever happens, this case needs to be resolve before Representative Lee returns to Seoul in a week's time." Ga In explained and Soo Hyun listened quietly. She waited for him to speak but when he didn't she continued, "Aren't you curious what I've found on the case?" Ga In asked in a friendlier tone. 

Ga In seemed different. 

Soo Hyun noticed.

She seemed very different. 

Was it the way she talked? The way she's focusing on the Representative Lee's case so attentively? The new scent of perfume she was wearing? The way she stood earlier? Whatever it was, Soo Hyun could only think something was different. 

"Soo Hyun?" She called from across the room and broke his train of thoughts. 

"Yeah?" He asked and noticed that she was taken aback. 

"What are you doing? You didn't hear me ask if you wanted to hear about the clues I've gathered?" 

Soo Hyun readjust his seating position by crossing his leg and held eye-contact with her. "Ah about that.... I'll handle the case so you should take some time off and rest. Didn't you say you started working as a mentor for University students? I figured that during your absences you were teaching your students-"

"Why are you changing the topic?" Ga In cut him off and paused while examing him, "Are you sick?" She suddenly dropped the question on Soo Hyun and the man begin to sweat, but kept his cool. 

"No, I figured you would be tired since you took on Lee's case today on your own so-"

"Ask me." Ga In stated abrutly catching the man off guard. 

"Huh?"

"I've known you for more than a decade. Whenever you talk in circles I know there's something on your mind. Since we've finally got some freetime right now, go ahead and ask me." 

Ga In wasn't different. Soo Hyun was being different. 

"A date.... Let's go on a date Ga In." Soo Hyun suggested softly. 

Jae Suk dropped into his chair spiritless. He pulled out the item he had meant to show Soo Hyun, a black hard drive. In a zombie-motion, he slowly reached over and pushed the device into his computer. It opened and in the drive was a single file in which Jae Suk clicked on. 

He was moving at the pace of a sloth; once he had it open he leaned back in his chair. 

The computer did its thing and quickly a clip popped up on the screen. 

It was the clip. Myungsoo kissing Ga In in the park that one dark night, and it wasn't a quick peck. Jae Suk shut it off immediately after watching it again for a few seconds. He shut his eyes tightly, wrinkles visible on his temple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter