[IV]

She Has The Handcuffs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>>She Has The Handcuffs - KaihleeLo<<<<

hapter IV - Detective Park -

Ga In was lost for words. Why is Soo Hyun suddenly asking her about love? Why were they on the topic of love? How did they get there?

Then the door swung open and a man with messy black hair poked his head in, "Detective Han, Chief Yoo is looking for you." He pass on the message and left when Ga In understood. Ga In stood up from her seat and rest her coffee on the table.

"I'll be back-" She started to Soo Hyun but he cut her off.

"Hurry back. Be back before your coffee gets cold." He said and the corner of curled up, but she wasn't smiling. She was grateful for his words but she knew he wanted to discuss about the topic further, as she took her leave he didn't once look behind him at her.

Ga In knocked against the black wooden door and the voice of Jae Suk, motioned for her to enter. She had changed back to her 'work clothes', the black slacks, the jacket, the blouse. 

Once she was inside she shut the door and made her way over to her father; whom was sitting tall in his chair and ready to meet her. She halted before his desk and straighten her back, forgetting about their heated argument just the night before. "You wanted to see me?" She asked and he exhaled deeply. 

"The files for that case, did you take them?" He asked in a serious tone in which made her sweat. It was the file she was working on with Soo Hyun this morning but the man was no help at her, thus dragging their task. She did snuck the files out and planned to return them, but the call from Seoul University was also an unpleasant surprise in which delayed her intention.

"You think I took them?" She asked her arms hiding behind her back, her hands holding onto one another tightly. 

"I know you took them." He stated. The sudden statement led to the father and daughter exchanging tense glances before she broke the stare.

"If you knew then what's the point of calling me here? Just search me."

Jae Suk leaned back in his chair and places his arms on the arms of the furniture. "Are you admitting to your guilt, Han Ga In?" He asked and Ga In sneered a little.

"Guilt? Why would I be guilty? Files within this agency doesn't belong to you, in fact all workers has the authority to access any case they wish to-"

"Return them immediately! You're banned from that case!" Jae Suk demanded after cutting off Ga In's speech. The woman gritted her teeth, banned was a harsh term to detectives, especially when all she wanted to do was to save and protect living victims from cases. Ga In didn't answer and instead she exited the Chief's room, ignoring his calls meant to stop her in her tracks.

Ga In leaned against the wall in the tiny resting room. Three beds were visible and the room was tiny, yet comfortable. Between two beds she was trying to calm down her racing angry heart with both hands on her knees as she breath in and out slowly.

Once she was calmer she decided to head back not wanting to keep her partner waiting for long. But the man was no where to be seen, in fact it seemed like someone cleared the room of everything; including her drink.

But before she could leave to find him, he entered and was surprised to see her. Ga In spotted two cups of coffee in his hands, "I went to heat them up since you took a while." He said and hand hers over to her in which she gladly took with a nod. 

"Thank you."

Soo Hyun revealed a soft smiled and moved in to allow the door to shut on its own. "How did the meeting go with the Chief?" Curiousity was written all over his face as he slowly took a sip of his re-heated cup.

Ga In kept her hands warm as they tightly wrapped around the cup, "I'm think I'm going to take some time off." She replied avoiding his question. She thought that was the right answer she wanted to give him, but the latter was taken aback. 

"Why?" He asked accidentally too loud. Then he clapped a hand over his mouth and continue, "Did Chief take you off a case again?" He asked under a whisper this time in which earned a smile from her. 

"Yeah, but it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter