[XXXVIII]

She Has The Handcuffs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>>She Has The Handcuffs - KaihleeLo<<<<

hapter XXXVIII - Face It, She's Gone -

Fall was approaching and so was the light showers outdoor. It was Chief Yoo's funeral and the day to lay his lifeless body six feet underground. It has been a week since he was found inside the abandoned home alone and three days ago his vehicle and Hye Jin's raw body was discovered. 

But in Soo Hyun's world, Myungsoo and Ga In were still missing and no where to be found.

He watched as they lower Chief's coffin down slowly. More than a few thousand people have came to see him buried and half of them were officers and other Chief of Police from nearby cities. 

Siwon was standing between Soo Hyun and Sehun when he rubbed the younger's back to comfort him. Soo Hyun allowed the rain from above to soak him as he stared down the ditch. Whether Soo Hyun was crying or not, no one could tell as it blend well with the raindrops. 

Soo Hyun left a trail of water behind as he entered the convent that kept Sunggyu and Hyungsik. He leaned against Sunggyu's door and in a matter of seconds he heard him asked, "Did you find her?" 

Soo Hyun emit a heavy sigh and closed his eyes to shut the painful reality, but he couldn't. The thought of Ga In being no where to be found or seen was troubling and disturbing. Sunggyu sneered a little, "I guess not?" 

Then in the other cell Hyungsik yawned  and stretched as he got up. They could hear his cuffs banged against the metal bars that closed him in. "Has it been a week already? I assume she's dead by now." Hyungsik said with a sharp exhale in which Soo Hyun slowly opened his eyes. "I can never understand why we never brought him here earlier. On the one day he arrived he left three dead, one in a critical condition, and two missing. And most of them were pretty high up there." Hyungsik pointed out. 

"You know where he is don't you?" Soo Hyun asked in a stern voice just to earn a chuckle from Hyungsik. 

"I'm not certain. It looks like I did but now I'm not sure if I know a lot about where anyone and everyone is." 

Soo Hyun banged his head against Sunggyu's door causing an echo to travel around the room. "I can't believe a word you say. Not just Kahi, you betray Chief Yoo, Ga In, and the whole workforce." 

Hyungsik released a mockingly chuckle again, "I only joined the side that would benefit me. Exactly like Ga In's case, even though she became a detective to find her mother's killer, she ended up missing instead. And when I found that the side that had what I wanted was just a blink away, I took it. I took that path and ended up a traitor to this field. But I'll let you know, I have no regrets. This area didn't help me nonetheless." 

"Maybe it's because you're still naive and immature but, there's no longer a side for you to take. I'll find Ga In and I'll make you regret picking your ideal of the other side. Until then just sit in here and think about what you've done. And about her mother's killer, don't worry I have all the evidence I need to catch that bad guy." Soo Hyun stated and left the room. His heels clicked against the tiled room. 

Sunggyu let out a short laugh, "This is going to be fun, Soo Hyun versus Soo Guk. The messed up twins." 

Soo Hyun kneel in front of Jae Suk's completed tombstone. His hands gripped tightly onto his knees covered with black slack with his eyes fixed on the image of Jae Suk's smiling portrait stamped into the stone. "Chief Yoo.... I'm sorry I allowed this to happen to you. To see you...like that. I never once imagined you in that sort of situation. I didn't think you would leave so early-"

Soo Hyun took in a deep breath to continue, "And Ga In.... I don't know where she is but I can feel it. She's still alive, hiding somewhere, waiting for me. Remember that one time when you entrusted her to me? You said I'm the only one who could protect her.... Both mentally and physically, but I let you down. I'm sorry Chief.... In the end I couldn't protect her. It's strange. Where exactly is she Chief? How did you just...pass like that? Why was Shim Hye Jin in your car...? Who will answer to my questions now that you're no longer here.... I'm sorry for letting you and Ga In down. I'm really, really sorry." 

He dropped his head as tears slide down his face. "Ga In.... Where are you right now?" He asked himself as be sobbed quietly to himself. 

Siwon scoffed and folded his arms. He was in the hospital room with Sungjong sitting upright on the bed. "What? You want to turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter