[XXXIX]

She Has The Handcuffs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>>She Has The Handcuffs - KaihleeLo<<<<

hapter XXXIX - "Where is she?" -

"Soo Guk...." Soo Hyun said a little too soft and earned a satisfied cruel smile from the latter. When one cannot hear the other, one assumes the other is afraid. And that was exactly what Soo Guk wanted and felt. He turned his whole body to face Soo Hyun and kept his smile. 

"I see you've finally made it just in time before I personally kill this being." He said with a slow peek over his shoulders toward Sungjong, the younger man sat in silence. Soo Hyun could read a mix of fear in his bold eyes and the coldness in his twin's. 

"What brings you here?" Soo Hyun bluntly questioned and Soo Guk gave him an excited scoff. 

"Has it been two decades since the last time we've met face to face? You've grown a lot and," He scanned Soo Hyun's figure and his smile grew around the corner, "yet we still alike look although I was in Germany."

Soo Hyun swallowed the nervous lump in his throat and tried his best not to avoid Soo Guk's gaze, he knew, the minute he avoid Soo Guk's gaze, he risked himself reminiscencing on the painful past he wanted to forget. If only he could focus, remain concious, and tried to appear as stable as he could in front of Soo Guk, maybe the latter won't try anything suspicious. 

"How was it?" Soo Guk started again in a low and amused tone, "The crippled and dead body of your beloved Chief of police Yoo Jaesuk alone, in that dark, cold, and scary place? Did you hide him under the ground well?" Soo Guk asked trying to anger Soo Hyun.

Soo Hyun could feel the cold sweat forming around his forehead. For the sake of Ga In, hold it in Soo Hyun. Hold it in, the time to get out of this situation will come soon, stay alive for the sake of Ga In. Find strenght Kim Soo Hyun. Soo Hyun tried his hardest to keep the peace in the hospital room. If he try to attack Soo Guk, he was aware of the deadly results. He couldn't even risk the thought of dying and leaving Ga In behind. 

"Did you come here because of father's demands?" Soo Hyun asked in a rather calm manner despite his dangerous twin looking and standing directly in front of him. Soo Guk crooked his head a little to the side and smirked. 

"You think I still work under that pathetic so-call-father? Never once did he try getting me out of prison, why would I obey his orders and demands? And how about you, who will you give the heritage to?"

Soo Hyun clutched his fists to build courage and search for the right words to respond, without pissing Soo Guk off. "That I will decided depending on your and his actions." 

Soo Guk laughed out loud with his head backward then slowly he held gazes with Soo Hyun, "Then I guess I should let you in on a little secret." 

Secret.... Soo Guk's secret were never a good thing. Especially when they only carry scars and pain. 

He took a few steps then stopped in front of Soo Hyun, "Han Ga In." He noticed Soo Hyun's eyes flickered at the sound of her name. "I have her. As of right now I'll give you this moment to decide for her and yourself. The faster you agree to sign over grandpa's wealth, the faster I hand her over. So, what will it be?"

Soo Hyun couldn't utter a word. The problem wasn't the heritage, wealth, or money that was passed down alone to him. The problem was that he can't be positive that Soo Guk will return Ga In, even if he meant to return her, Soo Hyun was more afraid of whether he would harm her by then send her back to Soo Hyun. The thought and images of Ga In, dead, wasn't very pleasant.

A week ago he lost the only man he had wanted as his father. He wasn't prepared to meet the end of the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Not to mention they were never given the chance to bid their farewell as well. 

That may be the only regret he could gain for the remainder of his life.

Who knows, maybe he will die trying to find her, waiting for her, and missing her. But if he hands over everything that made him of value to his enemies then that would end his own life.

Ga In is still out there, and until I'm able to see her and hold her again, I can never die. I will never die. If they really have her, they won't harm her, at least for the purpose to obtain the wealth I now own. Until I can see her again, I should be greedy and selfish. I will never share that wealth. I will never hand it over no matter what anyone say. That was a gift from grandfather, a gift intended to save me from misdeeds. I couldn't protect Chief Yoo. I couldn't protect Ga In. This time, I should at least protect the last item that may save my life until I see her again. Let's do that Kim Soo Hyun.

"Why are you so quiet?" Soo Guk asked in a low voice in front of him. "I only gave you two choices, you're not thinking about a third option are you?"

Soo Hyun eyed the man with a sharp gaze, "As of today get out of my sight." Sungjong was surprised by Soo Hyun's sudden cold demand. Soo Guk scoffed and brushed his lips with a finger before in his breath and looking into Soo Hyun's determined eyes. 

"What did you say?"

"If you really have Ga In then you better keep her in good hands."

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter