[XII]

She Has The Handcuffs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>>She Has The Handcuffs - KaihleeLo<<<<

hapter XII - Identity Theft -

Hyungsik walked into Sungjong's room and found him lying on his back on the bed; playing on his phone. "What are you doing there skipping classes?" He asked the younger man who ignored him and focused only on his gaming.

The taller latter scoffed and took a step forward, slapping the device out of the man's hands. "Are you deaf?" He asked as the electronic rolled across the room and ran into the wall, stopping its movements.

Sungjong sat up and glared at the man, "What do you want?" Sungjong asked faintly irritated. 

"Han Ga In, since she's begin to show signs that she will on our side some time soon; from now on don't try to meddle with our business. Remember, we have Kahi, you wouldn't want to make the wrong move." Hyungsik warned the younger man as he stepped near the door, "And don't forget, we'll be watching you closely." 

The man shut the door as he vanished behind it. Sungjong washed his face with his palms and fell back on his bed, his face covered. Leaking from the crack between his fingers and skin were tears.

Myungsoo shrugged Jae Suk's hand off his shoulder and remained facing the shorter and older man. There was a softness and sadness in Jae Suk's watery eyes; however, Myungsoo's gaze were different.

They were unreadable. 

"When did you leave the states?" Jae Suk asked with a half smile on his face. He was pleased to see Myungsoo's face again, but the aura around the younger man was making it difficult for him to express his excitement and happiness fully.

"Who are you?" Myungsoo asked bluntly, this time forcing the smile off Jae Suk's face, instead he chuckled nervously. 

"Why are you being like this Myungsoo?" The younger man shoved his hands into his pockets and exhaled deeply. 

"Mister, I really don't know who you are and I really don't have time to waste here with you, you who is a stranger." He retorted and Jae Suk felt his heart tightening. 

"Myungsoo-"

"Please. You've got the wrong person, that's not my name." Myungsoo said and turned around but Jae Suk's question halted him in his tracks. 

"Then why did you call me dad earlier?" Jae Suk waited for him to reply but the lad never did, instead he continued down his path and disappeared around the corner. Jae Suk swallowed the bump in his throat and inhaled heavily to keep himself from crying in the middle of the street. 

Jae Suk sat alone in his office, recalling his past. 

-Twelve years ago- 
Eight years old Myungsoo was sitting on the bench at the baseball field; waiting for his father. "Yoo Myungsoo!" An old and husky voice called from afar, Myungsoo shot his head up and a wide smile spread across his face.

"Dad!" He called back and got off the bench, he ran toward his father and into the man's arms as he squat down. The two exchanged a warm hug before they pulled apart. Jae Suk was holding onto Myungsoo's arms and wiped the dirt on the boy's face.

"How was the game today?" Jae Suk asked and Myungsoo smiled as he tell his story. 

"Dad you missed it, I hit a homerun when it was my turn! Sungyeol did too, we both hit homeruns and our team won!" Jae Suk chuckled at the story and kept a smile on his face as he sighed aloud. 

"Sorry I couldn't come to today's game. There was a case and a really bad guy was loose and running around Seoul. I'm sorry, okay?"

Myungsoo nodded his head, "It's alright dad. You should focus on putting the bad guys behind jail instead." Jae Suk ruffled the boy's hair. 

"Oh what a great son you are!" 

That late evening, they came home to a messy house and Myungsoo's mother threw a tantrum when she discovered something that traumatized her. Jae Suk was having an affair with a woman, a pretty woman. After turning the whole house upside down, Myungsoo's mother dragged him and they moved out and far away.

Jae Suk lost contact afterwards until five years later, when Myungsoo was 13, he heard his son was in the states and ordered friends of his in the states to find his son. At the time Jae Suk and Ga In's mother got married but it was just a year after her father's death.

Making Ga In and Myungsoo half-siblings; but the two knew nothing of each other's existence. 

Since then, Ga In had began using her father's last name to take out her anger on her mother. And to expressed her disapproval against the detective and her mother's marriage at the time. But it didn't last long when her mother passed away due to a murdered incident, leaving Jae Suk to raise the girl all alone. 

Though their relationship blossomed and they grew closer, and he even hired her, Ga In had something else in mind. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter