CHAPTER 5

Let Me Make It Right.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

 

Kim jumped from his seat when he saw Pie fell down, before her head hit the ground, he grabbed her tiny and feeble body. The plate fells down on the floor, make a noise, plate shards scattered on the floor, one hits Kim’s arm and make a wound on it. “Pie..” He called her. He touched Pie’s cheek, her skin feels burning. “Damn!” Kim said. He carried her to his room and put her on the bed. He took his phone and dial a number. “Katie, I can’t come to the office today, please cancel all the meetings today. Thank you.” He dropped the call and walked to the kitchen. He took a basin; fill it with ice and water. He went to his room again and took a small towel. He sat beside Pie and touched Pie’s face carefully with the towel. “Stupid Kim.” He mumbled to himself. He stared on her face, She is pale, and inevitably he feels worriedness in his heart. Stop it, Kim. She deserve it. He told himself. But, it’s not her fault, she is also the victim. Other voice against him.

 

He shook his head, trying to be focus. “It’s not your fault. But I have to do this. We are the victims.” He told Pie in her unconsciousness. He observed her face again, he touched her cheek and smiled. “I am sorry. You used to be a cloudless girl, I broke your life. I wish you won’t hate me, but I know it’s possible. I am too cruel to you.” He said, staring on her.

 

“And you, Pie? You look so cute, take this chocolate for you.” He remembers the first time he talked to Pie, that’s not the first time he knew her, when the school start, on orientation, he saw her, laughing with her friends, so natural, and happy. He adored her smiles back then, or maybe still adoring her smile until now but he stole it from her. No time for pitying, Kim. He reminds himself. He put the towel on Pie’s forehead and went to the kitchen.

 

He cooked a soup for her, He is not used to cook, he googled the recipe on his phone, the easiest one, and start to cook. It didn’t take too much time, since he just cooked a simple soup. He put it on a bowl, and took it with a glass of water to the room. He checked his drawer to find a medicine for Pie. Why I have to do this? He asked to himself. I could just let her be. He touched her forehead to check on her temperature, nothing changes, but she opened her eyes slowly.

 

“Wake up, you need to eat.” He said, trying to be fierce. “I have no time for this.” Pie trying to sit on bed, but she is too weak to do it by herself. Kim exhales a deep sigh, he wants to look fierce, but he couldn’t bear to see her trying. He helped her to sit and propped her back with pillow. “Eat this,” He took the soup and blew it. He feed Pie. Pie obliged to open and eat it. “Don’t complain over the taste.” He said. Pie didn’t answer him, she still silent. It’s not bad, though. She said in her mind. Did he cook it for me?

 

They didn’t talk to each other, Kim feed her patiently, in some moment Pie stared on him. She couldn’t understand, he is so fierce to her, but he feed her when she is sick. “Why are you staring on me?” Kim asked her, waking her up from her thought.

 

“What’s your plan?” Pie asked him directly. “I know you want to hurt me, but why you do this to me?” Pie pointed on the bowl on his hand. It’s empty now. Kim startled by her question. Why do I do this? I don’t know. He thought.

 

“You know it, right?” He put the bowl on the counter beside the bed, took the medicine and the water, offered it to Pie. “Take it.” He said. Pie saw his arms bleeding, she took the medicine and drink it, she knows she needs it. Kim took the glass off her hands. He stood up and take the bowl. “You can’t hurt someone who lying helplessly,” He said, he didn’t face Pie, because he knows he can’t. Pie could see he is lie, because he doesn’t know the reasons.

 

“Your arm is bleeding.” Pie told him. Kim didn’t notice his wounds because he was busy with his mind, he should admit that he worried.

 

“It’s nothing. I can handle it by my self.” He said coldly and left Pie alone. She lay back on the bed. She looked to her side where Kim put the basin and towel.

 

“Thank you,” She said to the empty air around her.

 

 

“Ish, it’s really a trouble.” Kim talked to himself. He cleaned the scattered plate, worrying it would harm himself or Pie. He put it in a plastic bag and threw it in the garbage. He is looking on Pie in the room, she is sleeping now. He came closer and checked her temperature. “Good.” He smiled. He feels a little bit relief.

 

He took off his shirt, it’s tainted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter