Chapter 8

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-Chapter 8-

“Oh you know about my boyfriend? I bet it’s tao. Hahaha yes he was a student, not anymore. He is about to graduate.”- Jiyeon

 

 

Author’s POV

“Oh! Jiyeon rejected my call? Ah why?!”

Sehun complained as the call suddenly cancelled without reason. Sehun is mumbling to himself while staring at a sheet of paper he is holding. It is his final examination result, which finally had come out. He couldn’t stop smiling looking at the result he achieved. He just couldn’t wait to share it with jiyeon, but then, it turned that the call was rejected and sehun is still under shock because jiyeon never act like this before, no matter how busy she was.

“Is it my call failed or jiyeon really rejected it? No no jiyeon would never do this to me.”

Sehun started mumbling again while typing the text message. Thinking that jiyeon is really busy right now, sehun then decide to just text her, telling how happy he is about the result right now. Sehun is hoping for at least a short reply, but no matter how long he waits, there’s no reply from jiyeon. Sehun sighs in disappointment, but he keep assuming jiyeon is busy and got no time to reply him. He then insert his phone into his pocket, before walks out of the house heading out somewhere else.

“Now, let me celebrate my successful result alone, and celebrate with jiyeon on my graduation day.”

Sehun told himself before he walks out, leaving the house empty. The thing is, innocent sehun keep telling himself that jiyeon is busy working, when she is actually going out with another guy. Moreover, her phone was turned off after falling down, so she can’t check anything sehun sent to her. Sehun was thinking about asking luhan out and celebrate with him, but when he thinks again, he notice that he hasn’t seen luhan enters the building yet, so that’s mean he isn’t coming back from his work yet. Sehun then decide to just walk to the nearby restaurant and get himself a bottle of soju, just celebrate it alone is okay for him though.

 

------------------------------

 

“How’s your phone jiyeon?”

“I don’t know. It doesn’t turn on, maybe it’s actually out of battery, not because it has fallen down just now.”

“Hope so. But what if it’s your boyfriend called just now? I heard he is a student.”

“Oh you know about my boyfriend? I bet it’s tao. Hahaha yes he was a student, not anymore. He is about to graduate.”

“Oh really? Good then…”

 

Luhan’s expression darken to see how comfortable jiyeon talked about her boyfriend in front of him, which mean jiyeon doesn’t share the same feeling as luhan about them being together. Yeah, luhan is slowly growing his feeling towards jiyeon but jiyeon doesn’t seem to have the same thought about that. Luhan then smiles sheepishly before he bows his head, avoiding jiyeon’s eyes and pretend to take a sip of his Americano. But luhan is just so bad in controlling his expression, as jiyeon realize luhan’s sudden change.

“Luhan oppa, what’s with that expression?” Jiyeon asked while smiling at him.

“Why? What’s with my expression?” Luhan awkwardly asked.

“Common oppa. Your expression suddenly turned gloomy and your smile disappear. Let me tell you something oppa, all the girls were talking about how sweet was your smile and it manage to melt girls’ heart. From the moment you moved into our company, I have always heard the girls talking about you, from various department.” Jiyeon told luhan excitedly.

“What about you? Including you?” Luhan said with a haughty smile.

“M-me? I was the one who’s listening to them. Hehe.” Jiyeon answered playfully.

“Ohh… Well, I heard the same about you. Ever since I moved in, I have always heard the guys talking about you. Park Jiyeon, the pretty and adorable designer from the department.” Luhan then said.

“Stop joking oppa. It’s just I’m friendly to everyone around me.” Jiyeon shyly said.

“I’m not joking. You really, are adorable. I can’t refuse how you can attract people just by smiling. I’m one of the guys who attracted by your adorable smile…” Luhan unknowingly blurted out his inner thought.

“Hahahaha! Oppa stop saying such things okay. Quit playing with me. Now tell me about you, don’t you have a girlfriend?” Jiyeon laughed at luhan’s words.

“No. I don’t have any. Seriously.” Luhan seriously told jiyeon.

“Ayeeee… How’s that even possible? It’s obviously impossible.” Jiyeon said in disbelief.

“I’m not lying. To tell you the truth, I have been single for two years.” Luhan said and his smile suddenly disappeared.

“Uhm… I’m sorry if I hurt you with my question.” Jiyeon suddenly felt guilty.

“No it’s okay. I got a girlfriend back then in China. We have been together since our school days, until when we finally made it to the university. We were a close trio, it’s me, kris, and my girlfriend. Her name is Cho, a demure and gentle girl. But, before we could graduate, kris left us first because his family had got him a job here. After that, we continue living normally, and as a couple, Cho really cared about me a lot. We’re so happy, and everything was okay until Cho suddenly changed. She suddenly kept a distance between us, and little by little, she was ignoring me. I was hurting, and I decided to clear things between us so we could turn to normal like before. But everything crashed into pieces after I went to her house to meet her, but she wasn’t there. Her family told me, Cho got a job abroad, and she had left, without telling me… Until now I don’t know why she was acting like that and left me, but I guess I just have to move on and forget it. It has been two years. Right?” Luhan said with a sad eyes.

“You know what oppa, happiness is a choice. If you choose to be happy, then don’t hesitate, just do it. But if you choose to live like this… then what can I say.” Jiyeon said.

“Happiness… is a choice. I’ll think about it. Let’s go jiyeon, I’ll send you home. You need to rest after working hard lately.” Luhan changed the topic quickly.

“Okay let’s go.” Jiyeon replied and get ready to leave.

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

After spraying the perfume and checking myself on the mirror for the last time, I quickly walk out and get ready to leave. Last night, luhan had sent me home, and this morning, he has to fetch me because my car was left alone at the company’s parking lot. I think I spend a lot of time with luhan lately, after the family day, as I feel comfortable around him though. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter