Chapter 33

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chapter 33-

“I know it, it’s obvious. Don’t worry, if jiyeon is destined for you, never in a million years she will be for somebody else.”- Sehun

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

I can see luhan’s coldness just now, but why so sudden? And he even left with chorong… what is this? He’s being too obvious right now. I can see the nervousness in tao’s and kris’s expressions, of course, they are luhan’s old friends too so they must know about their past relationship. Only baekhyun and jiyeon who are being confuse right now. I turn my head to the left to check on jiyeon, and she seems broken when luhan left. I heard she tried to talk to luhan when he’s about to leave, but luhan left just like that. They look okay before sitting here though. I’m not sure, but I hope she’s okay. Jiyeon turns her head and caught my eyes. I know it’s too late for me to stop staring, so I just look at her. Jiyeon smiles bitterly at me before she looks away.

“I guess everyone has done eating right? It’s time for me to go back to the main building too. Let’s go.”

Baekhyun breaks the silence and I’m really grateful he did that. Everyone agrees and quickly gets up from the table, including jiyeon. She seems distracted though. Kris, baekhyun and tao lead the way out of the café while jiyeon is following behind, alone and quiet. This is not jiyeon I knew, she’s supposed to be bubbly and noisy. I purposely slow down my steps so jiyeon will walk near me, until she is finally right beside me.

“Jiyeon, something has possessed you? Being quiet and gloomy is not your style.” I talked to her and then I hear a small sigh.

“Should I keep being silent like this? Sometimes it feels better if I didn’t talk.” She answered me but keeps bowing down her head.

“Of course no. You lost your charms if you’re not talking.” I said and smiled at jiyeon, but of course she didn’t see.

“Karma has hit me.” She said shortly before she walked fast to the front passed tao and kris, leave me alone behind.

Kris, baekhyun and tao stop walking after seeing jiyeon passed by them so fast. She’s not heading back to the department, instead she turns into the corner where the washroom is placed. I walk closer to the three guys and join them who still seem dumbfounded. They look at me, probably asking for explanation. I don’t have anything to say, so I just shrug it off. Tao looks the most uncertain with the thing that just happened.

“Hyung! You have to do something about this.” Tao said to kris.

“What? What can I do?” Kris said disagree.

“Do whatever you can. Talk to luhan hyung or whatever, just don’t let him hurt jiyeon like that. This is not right.” Tao said again.

“I don’t get it. Why luhan suddenly changed just now? Can someone explain to me?” Baekhyun then asked in confusion.

“Hyung, you better get going first. I’ll talk about this to you later.” As I can see the guilty faces of kris and tao, I told baekhyun to go first.

“Make sure you do tell me.” Baekhyun said before he runs into the elevator.

“I know everything. Chorong noona told me.” I said after seeing kris and tao looked at me.

“I don’t know luhan would do this… he must be confused too right now.” Kris then said.

“Confused or not, jiyeon is hurting. I don’t know what will you guys do, but please make sure luhan won’t hurt jiyeon more. She’s not as strong as she seems.” I told them before I walk away, leaving them there. But then, tao’s voice stop me.

“Wait sehun! You should help jiyeon… you can do it, right? Jiyeon needs someone right now, and I believe you can do it.” Tao’s words somehow disturbed me.

 

Without replying him, I just walk back into the department and leave them still standing there. I really don’t know what is tao trying to say, but why did he say he believe I can do it? I can hear hidden tone in tao’s voice just now, like he’s trying to deliver something in an indirect way. I know tao for only a few months, but he’s the type who always talked straightforwardly and telling an indirect thing like this unusually his way of talking. But what bother me the most right now is jiyeon. I hope she’s not that hurting to the point of doing something stupid. What she said just now is bothering me too, Karma has hit me… she’s still living in that guilt? Even though I have told her that I’m no longer hurting by what she had done to me before.

 

---------------------------------

It’s already an hour pass lunch time and everyone is busy doing their own work. While for me and Chorong noona, as usual we’ll be wandering around the department to help them with what we can. Just a simple one like photocopying sheets and all. But a few minutes ago, I heard kris hyung was calling for chorong to join him in his office room, I wonder if kris will be talking about what has just happened just now. I hope kris can actually help with that.

But, I don’t think I saw jiyeon enters the department after lunch time. Is she in the room? No one ever ask, maybe because they didn’t realize jiyeon is missing. I walk to jiyeon’s room and knock it three times before I open the door. As expected, jiyeon is not in the room. Pretending like nothing happen, I walk to tao’s room and walk in just like that. Tao is busy with his iPad probably checking something in the net. I walk to the table and sit in front of him, making tao stops doing his work.

“Mind me tao, you can continue your work.”

“Sehun, you look vague. What is in your mind right now?”

“It’s just… jiyeon is not in her room and I think she hasn’t come back since lunch. Do you know where she is?”

“What? How come jiyeon is not in her room? It’s strange. Wait, I’ll call her.”

“Sure, do it now.”

“She’s not answering. I think she didn’t bring her phone with her. Where do you think she’s going sehun?”

“I’m not sure, but she’s still in the building right? Maybe helping the sales assistants in the boutique down there.”

“Maybe…”

We both stop talking after making an assumption. But then, I notice tao is staring at me weirdly, and somehow it makes me feel uncomfortable. He is staring at me like he can see my inner thoughts, and he can see everything through my eyes. Is he a gay or what? Impossible… Should I leave first? I think if I stay here any longer the atmosphere must be turning awkward.

“Tao, I’ll leave first. Just tell me if you find jiyeon.”

“Okay, see you soon.”

Tao is acting weird since that night which he came to my house when I was still on leave. That night… we’re just fooling around together, that shouldn’t change anything between us. I can’t believe it if tao is gay… or he really does? I hope not, tao is such a great friend throughout this few months, so it’s such a waste if our friendship ends just because of the abnormal thing… lately, he often talked to me passionately, like he really cares for me. And then, he acts like he has known me for so long. Just by thinking about that is gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter