Chapter 26

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chapter 26-

“Please, comfort me. You said you came to comfort me… I’m completely hurting right now… so do whatever you can to make me feel better.”- Sehun

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

I enter kris’s room, where I see kris and luhan are talking at the rest area. I then quickly join both of them and sit right next to luhan. They seem to have a serious talk about something, because luhan’s face somehow looks worried. I guess, it’s about sehun. This morning I saw luhan came to work alone and sehun was not with him like always. I also saw luhan talked to kai during lunch, probably about sehun too. Sehun just being here barely for a month but he has gained much concern from everyone.

“Why oppa? Why you guys look tense?” I asked.

“This morning before came to work, I went to sehun’s house. But it seemed like he wasn’t there. So I called him, but he didn’t answer as well. I asked the guard since their guard post is right in front of the entrance. They said sehun left the building early this morning. I haven’t tell him about the termination, so I wonder why he left without telling me. I just afraid that Suho has called him personally and inform sehun by himself. Maybe sehun went out to find other job, but now what I concern more is what if he’s hurting when we dismissed him just like that.” Luhan answered.

“Why do you think he’s hurting luhan?” Kris then asked.

“That’s because, after came back from Canada, sehun told me he needed job. Without thinking, I offered him this job and hired him as our new model. I should have thought about that first… I disappointed him, right?” Luhan said, still looking down.

“Sehun will be okay. He’s a calm person. He has a pure personality and he knows how to control his feeling. This kind of thing won’t let him down, trust me.” I told them confidently.

“Wow jiyeon, how come you know so much about him?” Kris suddenly asked, and literally making me startled.

“Well uh… he’s my junior in college… that’s why.” I answered and then I saw both of them nod.

I hope I didn’t look so awkward just now. I might blurt out everything if I did not be careful just now. After that, I quickly excuse myself to leave first, avoiding any possibilities of blurting out something else that may seem suspicious to them. I enter my room and sit on the seat while resting my head on the table. Sehun… what if he couldn’t find any job? I have seen depressed sehun and he didn’t look good being distress. Yes, sehun might be having a pure personality, but he tends to hide his feelings for himself and keeps the problem inside. Just like what he did a year ago when he hid his depression after knowing that luhan likes me, and only blurt it out when he wanted to clear it and ended everything. That’s unhealthy, seriously. What should I do?

“Oppa?”

While I was in deep thinking, luhan suddenly enters my room and sit on the chair in front of my table. He rests his head on the chair while closing his eyes. This is the first time luhan being stressful because of work. All because of concerns. I get up from my seat and make my way towards luhan. I sit on the table facing him. I take his hands and caress it gently.

“You should calm down oppa. It’s okay.”

“But jiyeon… sehun trusted me when he accepted the offer. Now…”

“Now stop thinking about this matter okay. Believe me, sehun will be okay. When you meet him after this, all you’ll see is a bright smile on his face.”

“I hope so jiyeon. Everything is great when you’re around. You only hold my hand, but everything vanishes away.”

“Haha stop being cheesy oppa. Uhm… today after work what will you do?”

“I have to work overtime with kris today. We still have to complete the full payment to the hotel we used for the show. So you can go back first, don’t wait for me.”

“Alright… remember, don’t work too much or you might be sick.”

“I know it sweetheart. Thanks for caring. I love you so much!”

“I love you too oppa.”

 

---------------------------------

I look at the watch, it’s finally 5 p.m. sharp. I clean up all the sheets on my table and gets ready to leave. I walk out of my room where I saw luhan and kris are getting ready to go to the hotel. Luhan winks at me sweetly, making me melt a little, before he finally leaves the department together with kris. I keep staring at luhan until he completely disappear from my sight. I let out a small sigh and stare blankly. I’m sorry luhan, I love you, but there’s an untold secret between us… now I will go to sehun’s apartment to meet him. I just wanna check on him, nothing much.

 

 

I park my car in front of the building and quickly depart. It’s already evening time so sehun must have been at home right now. I take a deep breath before I walk into the building and ride the elevator right to the fifth level. I step out of the elevator and carefully approach room number 1204, the room where I haven’t enter for a year. I passed by this apartment every time I came to luhan’s, and only god knows how I was feeling every time I step in front of this place.

I stand stiffly in front of the door and hesitatingly ring the bell once. I keep waiting but no one open the door, so I ring the bell again. No response. Should I key in the passcode and just enter to make sure if sehun is in there or not? I raise my hand up to press the passcode, and finally my fingers land on the button and I start key in the code one by one. What have I done?! Right after I enter the last number, I expected the door to unlock, but I was wrong. The LED light shows that I have entered the wrong code. But… but I still remember the code well. How can it be wrong?

I’m still confused about the code when suddenly the door is opened from inside, making me flustered and freeze in front of the door. As the door burst open, I can see sehun is standing in front of me with only sweatpants, and he’s topless, only with his bare upper body! That abs though… There’s a small towel on his head, covering his wet hair. He is staring at me in shock, as well as I’m shock to see him right now. It’s not that I haven’t seen him topless, but yeah, you know… we’re no longer together and it has been more than a year since we last in a sweet relationship.

“You… what are you doing here?” Sehun asked coldly.

“U—oh… I came to check on you… sorry for disturbing you.” I stammered.

“You tried to enter by yourself didn’t you? I have changed the passcode so don’t try anymore.” He said.

Sehun then moves aside and opens the door widely, telling me to come in. I thought he doesn’t want to let me in just now. It’s a bit embarrassing because he has changed the code and I just tried to use the old code. I walk into the common room awkwardly, and I can feel sehun is walking behind me. I look around the house, and it’s still the same, nothing changed, still tidy as usual. I keep standing in the middle of the room awkwardly when sehun then sits on the couch in front of me, still topless. Why does my heart can’t stop pounding right now?

“Noona, you can sit. What are you doing standing there? It’s not that I will scold you for sitting on my couch.”

“Ah… okay.”

I sit on the couch facing sehun and I start bowing down my head. I don’t know whether sehun is staring at me or not, but it’s seriously awkward for me right now. Just now, sehun called me noona, and that’s awkward as well.

“Are you gonna stay silent like this? I thought there’s something you need to say, noona?” Sehun calmly said.

“Oh… I came to talk about the dismissing thing…” I said while slowly lifts up my face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter