Chapter 40

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chapter 40-

“Why are you standing out for jiyeon sehun? Do you like her that much?”- Luhan

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s POV

Both me and jiyeon walk down the stage toward our colleagues who are now being so excited. Actually, before I proposed, I was thinking whether jiyeon would accept me or not, because I afraid I’m not good enough to get married to a girl with a sincere heart like her. But when I think back, no matter how much I want to get back to chorong, and no matter if chorong still loves me too, I can’t get back to her either. I have made the promise to never hurt jiyeon, just to know chorong’s real feeling. And I will make sure to keep my promise. I look at jiyeon that is standing next to me while smiling shyly towards the people in front of me. She’s so pretty. So I don’t see the reason why I must be disappointed with my choice.

“Luhan, jiyeon, congratulation.” Suho then approached with Seohyun.

“Thanks Suho-ssi. It’s all because of your marriage bless.” I replied politely.

“Haha. So when is the important day? Should I introduce you to the best bridal boutique?” Seohyun then asked.

“Should be a few weeks from now. What about three weeks after? What do you think jiyeon?” I asked jiyeon while pulling her closer to me.

“Three weeks? Great. Three weeks is enough to get everything prepared.” Jiyeon agreed.

“Okay then. You will be mine, three weeks from now. I want you to be the prettiest girl on that day.” I said while pinching jiyeon’s nose.

“Yah, stop being lovey-dovey here.” Kris then jokingly said.

“Haha. Would you guys mind excusing me for a while? I think I need to use the washroom now. I got butterflies in my stomach after that brave propose.” I said, and I saw all of them nodded.

 

I gently let jiyeon’s hand go and walk away. But instead of heading to the washroom, I walk to the hotel lobby where not so many people are here. I take out my phone and text someone to come ever. I keep standing at the lobby while waiting for that someone to come, and less than five minutes, she finally came. Park Chorong… she’s so pretty, like always. Jiyeon may be prettier than her, but in my heart she has always been on top. Chorong approaches while looking around suspiciously, maybe avoiding herself from being seen with me. Then, without saying anything I drag chorong away with me towards the empty pool area. There’s no one here, so it should be safe for us to talk here.

“Oppa, let me go first, people might see.” Chorong said while pulling her hand away from mine.

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” I asked her with concern.

“Why am I not okay? Of course. Congratulation, oppa. You deserve to be happy.” She said while showing her irresistible demure smile.

“You said… you will be able to forget me if me and jiyeon become eternal. This is what you meant before right? You want us to get married so I will officially be jiyeon’s and you can forget me, right?” I asked while looking straight into her eyes.

“Yeah. You’re right oppa. I’m so happy to see you two up on the stage just now. You guys look just great together. It reminds me a lot to the times when we’re together. I’m happy for you.” Chorong said and bowed down her head.

“Are you sure chorongie? If you’re happy for me, why your eyes are teary?” I asked gently.

“Sure. I’m so really happy right now. I will forget you soon, and we both will start a whole new life.” I can see pearly drops coming down her cheeks. I quickly pull chorong into my arms and hug her gently.

“If you’re really happy, I beg you please don’t cry. I asked jiyeon to get married to me so you will be happy. This is what I promised you before, to never hurt jiyeon. But what’s the point of not hurting jiyeon when you yourself are hurting chorong? It’s harder for me to see you’re hurting because I still love you, I still love you as much as before.” I said while caressing her head softly.

“Don’t! Oppa, you can’t be like that. Even if you still love me, you have to let go, now. Jiyeon is the right person, she can make you happy. I know you love her too, so please don’t get confused and focused only on her. Okay oppa?” Chorong pushed my body and looked at me in my eyes.

“If that can make you happy… I will try.” I can feel my eyes start turning watery.

 

Chorong only nods while smiling in tears. It’s hurt to see her tears, but I will do whatever she wants me to do, because this is the only way for her to be happy. I have no other choice other than doing everything chorong wants me to do, even if I have to sacrifice my love to her, I will do it. After that, chorong then leaves back into the lobby. I keep standing there while watching her back disappears inside the hotel. I sigh heavily, to see she’s walking away. Out of the blue, someone grab my shoulder from behind, making me shocked. I turn around to see who’s the person. Sehun?

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Luhan eyes widen to see sehun is standing behind him while looking at him with his sharp eyes. Sehun’s face is looking so serious right now, making luhan gulps nervously. Luhan then slowly pushes sehun’s hand off his shoulder and tries to look as calm as possible. But sehun still looks serious though.

“Hyung.” Sehun said while staring right into luhan’s eyes.

“S—sehun? What are you doing here?” Luhan replied a bit unstable.

“What was that?” Sehun asked, making luhan smiled awkwardly.

“What? I don’t get it.” Luhan said while laughing sheepishly.

“I saw everything. Just stop pretending. Are you playing with jiyeon’s heart right now?” Sehun finally bluntly blurted out.

“No I’m not. I will marry her, I won’t hurt her. Why do you care so much sehun? I know you like her, but you need to stop too. She’s mine.” Luhan fought back.

“But you don’t love her! Why were you proposing if you’re here telling other woman you love her more than jiyeon?! What if jiyeon knows? Have you ever think about her feeling?” Sehun emotionally talked.

“I love jiyeon. It’s not that I don’t love her at all. Jiyeon will never know, unless you tell her.” Luhan replied.

“Huh… it shows clearly in your eyes hyung, you want chorong. You forced yourself to marry jiyeon because chorong noona told you so. I know everything about you guys, I know she is your past girlfriend. You still can’t forget her, right?” Sehun said sarcastically.

“How did you know? When?” Luhan asked.

“I know right after chorong moved in your company. I kept quiet because I don’t want to hurt jiyeon, I know she loves you. Remember the incident where jiyeon crashed into chorong’s car? It was me. I was the one who drove her car that night. I was the one who hit it because I can see in jiyeon’s eyes, she’s hurting to see you with other girl, even though she doesn’t know about you and chorong.” Sehun boldly said.

“You?! I can’t believe it. You have changed from the first time I met you.” Luhan remarked.

“Me? I changed? Well… that’s all because of you. But you changed too. Let me tell you something hyung, if you ever dare to hurt jiyeon, you will have to face me first. Jiyeon may be hating me, but I will do everything to protect her. If someday jiyeon is crying because of you, our friendship ends.” Sehun strictly said.

“Why are you standing out for jiyeon sehun? Do you like her that much?” Now it’s luhan’s turn to question sehun’s act.

“I just care for her. I have used to that, and I can’t stop. I don’t wanna talk to you anymore hyung. I’ll go.” Sehun answered before he walked back into the lobby.

Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter