Chapter 17

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Chapter 17-

“Tao is right guys. I love a mature, demure and polite girl. But I can always change accordingly, since someone actually attracts my attention.”- Luhan

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

“Hurmm…”

I can’t hold myself from letting out a heavy sigh. I have been sitting here since this morning, until now. It’s lunch time, as all my friends went out for lunch, I decide to stay here alone and skip my lunch. I don’t feel hungry anyway. Right now, there’s more important matter keep popping in my mind every second. I keep staring at the blank paper sheets in front of me. I was trying to design something new and stop myself from thinking about the matter, but I just couldn’t do it. The more I tried to forget it, the more it keep replaying in my mind. The scene where sehun stopped me from telling luhan about our relationship, called me noona, and that unexplainable gaze in his eyes… everything just make me feel anxious, too anxious. Something isn’t right with sehun lately, I mean everything isn’t right with him.

“Jiyeon!”

I feel like my heart stops beating for a second after someone shouted my name from behind while grabbing my shoulders. In this situation, I might possibly kill someone, seriously. And who’s the person that dare to increase my anger right now? Before I could turn my head to check on the person, someone suddenly sits on my table while laughing. I feel like punching him on his face right now, and I feel like twisting his yoda-like ears as a punishment.

“Yah Park Chanyeol! You surprised me!”

“Hahaha! I’m so sorry, it’s fun! But what happened to you jiyeon? You never daydreamed like this before. Looks like something is distracting you.”

“It’s nothing chanyeollie…”

“I hope everything is okay. By the way, baekhyun came to me just now. He said a meeting will be held among the HQs, and you’re invited.”

“M—me? Why why why?”

“I’m not sure. Since tao is invited too, maybe it’s something related to the previous fashion show.”

“Are you sure chanyeol? I’m so nervous right now.”

“Relax babe! It must be something good, since kris and luhan looked so happy this morning. Did they hit the jackpot? I wonder…”

“I hope so. Ughh… I need a good news now, enough with all the stress…”

“I guess something really not right. Whatever it is, I hope your problem will be solved soon.”

“Yeah, me too. Yeol, when is the meeting?”

“Oh! Baekhyun didn’t mention the time.”

I look at chanyeol confused face. I wonder if both baekhyun and chanyeol are actually dumb or forgetful. How could baekhyun told chanyeol to inform me about the meeting when he didn’t even mention the time, and how could chanyeol himself forgot to ask baekhyun about it too. I look at chanyeol while frowning, while he is showing me an awkward smile. I slap chanyeol’s arm lightly, showing my anger at him.

“It is right now, the meeting is right now!”

I look at the department’s entrance and I saw baekhyun is standing there while slightly panting. Looks like he runs here. I guess he finally realized he has forgot to tell about the time to chanyeol, and I’m glad he actually came to call me. I can’t imagine entering the meeting room alone, full of awkwardness when the whole meeting room that is full with HQs are staring at me. No! That’s scary, really scary.

“Jiyeon what are you thinking about? Hurry up!”

Realizing my waste of time thinking about the possibilities of entering the meeting room alone, I quickly brush off all the thoughts and run to the pressured baekhyun.

 

 

-----------------------------
“How do I look right now baekhyun oppa?”

“Great! Ready?”

“Ready.”

I was fixing my appearance in front of the meeting room’s door before we both enter. Baekhyun shows me his thumbs up after checking on my appearance. I take a deep breath when I see baekhyun slowly open the door, before I see him bowing down. I walk behind him, and as baekhyun walks to an empty seat next to kris, I was left alone at the door. I bow down awkwardly while smiling sheepishly. I look around and I can see unfamiliar faces are staring at me, but then I caught someone’s eyes. It is luhan, looking at me with his usual smile.

“Jiyeon-ssi, you’re here. Have a sit.”

A handsome and classy young man who sits at the end of the meeting table said with a smile while pointing at an empty seat next to tao. I know the guy, even though I only met him once before during the interview. It is our company CEO, Kim Joonmyun or known as suho. I guess all the guys in this company are hot! I mean, look at our CEO himself, luhan, kris, baekhyun, uhm tao? Look at them, they are all handsome! It must be a heaven on earth to work together with these guys.

“Jiyeon!”

Suddenly I heard a soft voice calling for me, more like a whisper. I get back to my sense and I saw tao is secretly gesturing me to walk over while pointing an empty seat next to him. I think I was just embarrassing myself, right? I got distracted to things easily lately. I bow down awkwardly again before I walk towards tao and quickly sit next to him.

“Since everyone is here, let’s get started. First of all, let’s welcome our rookie designers that has won against the pros during the summer fashion show a few days ago, Park Jiyeon and Huang Zitao.” Suho-ssi said while smiling at me and tao.

“I guess some of you here are aware about our topic today, right? Our new branch in Cheongdam-dong area will be officially launched next week. It is a big five levels building, which has been decided the ground level will be one of our biggest boutique filled will all types of apparels, more likely our own mall since it’s big and wide enough. Half of the second level is part of the boutique, while the other half is the stockroom and storehouse. The third level is for the management department with a complete facilities, including the café and many more for our staffs. The fourth level is designers’ department where we will train any new designers or staffs while the fifth level is for modelling purpose. There will be practice room for models training, small runaway, and some more. Since this is one of our biggest investment, I have to choose someone really wise and good enough to lead the company branch. I have to stay here, so I have chosen someone as the first director for the Cheongdam-dong branch.” Suho talked really wisely, like seriously.

“May we know who will be the director so we can agree or refuse?” One of the HQ raised his hand and asked Suho.

“Of course. I will reveal it now. The first director, congratulation Xi Luhan. You will be the first director and top executive for the new branch. I have seen all your ambitious acts, and how you has succeed the first event before this. I believe you can be a great director.” Suho said while luhan looks so surprised, but excited at the same time.

“What about the employees?” Another HQ asked and this time I really pay my attention.

“I decide to hire a second director to support Luhan-ssi. Since I have seen some impressive work your department, kris, so I decide to make you as the second director and also an executive together with luhan. And the reason why I called these two rookie designers, jiyeon-ssi and tao-ssi, is because I hope you guys can be the assistants director and help these two directors.”

“Really?” I heard tao exclaimed while I turn really speechless right now.

“Yeah, I’m serious. Jiyeon-ssi will be the assistant director for luhan-ssi, while tao-ssi under kris-ssi. I hope it’s clearer like that. As kris and his two designers will be transferred to the new branch, what do we do about your fellow three more designers? Well I have thought about it, and as I was so impressed with the achievements of all the designers under kris’s guide in this one year, all of you will be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter