Chapter 19

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chapter 19-

“Sehun… don’t say like that. You’re the best man in my life.”- Jiyeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s POV

Jiyeon called me just now and told me to wait for her at the café near our new workplace. She sounded serious just now, I wonder why. But still, I feel so excited! She never asked to meet before, unless for work matter. Maybe she asked to meet for work matter too, it’s me who’s overreacting about jiyeon’s calling, right? After a few minutes sitting in the café, finally I saw jiyeon is walking towards me. She smiles bitterly after seeing me, and I can see her unusual gloomy expression. What has happened? I quickly get up from my sit to help her sitting, that’s my manner. After I sit back on my place, a waitress came to deliver what I have ordered just now, two glasses of fairy vanilla milk tea.

“I’m not sure about your favorite milk tea, so I decide to order fairy vanilla, I hope you like it jiyeon.”

“It’s okay. I love vanilla milk tea.”

Jiyeon’s answer is solid and short, not as bright as always. There’s a moment of silent between us after that. Neither me nor jiyeon said anything. Jiyeon is staring at the milk tea blankly, looks like deeply immersed in her own world. I don’t think this is right, jiyeon can’t be this silent, she’s not a quiet type of girl. Even though I like a demure and polite girl, but actually I started liking jiyeon for being who she is, noisy, bright, bubbly, cute, and all. It feels strange if jiyeon stays silent like this.

“Ehem… jiyeon, do you wanna eat something?”

“No. I’m not hungry.”

Again, jiyeon answered shortly. Since jiyeon looks unhappy, I have to do something so jiyeon will at least laugh. Jiyeon’s silence is kind of creepy, she looks like a mysterious girl with a scary stare.

“Jiyeon, let’s play some quizzes? I’ll give out the questions and you will answer. Every time you answer correctly, I will add a spoon of syrup in my drink, but every time you’re wrong, you have to add a spoon of syrup in your drink. Sounds fun right?” I told jiyeon the idea.

“No, not fun. What about I give out the questions and you answer?” Jiyeon suddenly refused and change the position.

“I’m cool! Okay, you ask I’ll answer. Let’s start now.” I exclaimed and get ready with the syrup in the middle of the table.

“Luhan oppa, do you like me?” Jiyeon’s question is so simple and short.

“Of course. I like you so much!” I answer without hesitation, and since my answer is right, I put a spoon of syrup in jiyeon’s drink.

“Since when?” She asked again.

“To be honest is since the first time I saw you and the feeling grew bigger day by day. Up until now I think my heart is about to explode because it’s filled with you, you and you.” I answered while pointing at jiyeon three times, and I can see jiyeon slightly forming a smile.

“Uhm… what’s your feeling knowing that I already have a boyfriend?” This time I can see a curiosity on jiyeon’s face.

“Of course it’s kind of heartbreaking. But I just don’t feel like giving up.” I answered and keep adding the syrup in jiyeon’s drink.

“Don’t you feel it is a waste of time?” She asked.

“No. For me, when it comes to Park Jiyeon, nothing is a waste of time.” I said while smiling sweetly at her, still adding the syrup.

“Why… you don’t give up after knowing me is someone’s girlfriend?” Jiyeon hesitated for a while before she asked this question.

“Love is unconditionally. I don’t mean to be a bad guy who seize someone’s girlfriend, but the feeling is sincere. Why must I give up over you just because you already have a boyfriend? Loving someone secretly is a waste of time. Since you never give me any reliable answer about my feeling towards you, then I believe there’s still hopes for me to get you, right?” I answer while adding the last spoon of syrup into jiyeon’s drink.

“End of quizzes.” Jiyeon slowly said.

Jiyeon then bows down her head while staring blankly at her drink which half of it is filled with syrup. Just now she looks better while playing the quizzes, but now she looks as gloomy as before. She must be having hard time, I wonder if it’s because of me. Judging by her questions just now, she’s curious about my feeling. Since my answers are all right and sincere, I added too much syrup in her drink. I saw jiyeon holds her straw, ready to drink the fairy vanilla milk tea plus half syrup. The taste must be awful! Before jiyeon could drink the milk tea, I stop her and snatch the glass from her.

“Stop it. You don’t have to drink it. I never say anything in the game rules about you have to drink, just add syrup, not drink syrup.”

“Why you’re being like this?”

Honestly, I don’t understand jiyeon’s sudden question. What does she mean by that? What have I done? I look at jiyeon blankly, as I notice tears start forming in her eyes. Is she really having a hard time right now?

“Jiyeon… it’s you… why are you being like this? There’s tears…”

“It’s just… frustrating. I need to go now.”

“Wait jiyeon! Will you be… my girlfriend?”

When I saw jiyeon was getting up from her seat, I suddenly blurt out that question. It’s automatically came out from my lips. Am I being too honest here? Jiyeon looks at me with a bitter smile, before she leaves just like that. After jiyeon disappears outside the café, I can’t help but to smile alone. Jiyeon always left me curious, she always left without any answers or responses. You only make me wants you more.

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

I look at the big building next to the park where I am right now. I look at the level five, and I can see through the windows, the lights are all on. I wonder which one from the windows is sehun’s apartment. I hope sehun is there. I have been spending my time at the park since evening, and now it has been two hours I stayed here. It’s already nightfall, and I think I have to go and meet sehun right now. In this two hours, I have been thinking about this whole thing that has happened. Everything is so sudden, and although it’s kind of frustrating for me to decide and came out with a solid answer like sehun wants, I have made my choice. There’s no turning back, so have thought about this for the whole evening, walking here and there in the park alone while thinking what myself really want. Now the decision is made, and I just have to meet sehun to tell him everything.

I comprise all my courage and prepared myself. I don’t know why suddenly I became afraid of sehun. Maybe it’s because I never saw him being mad like that. Yeah, when I think back, sehun is right. In this one year of relationship, everything is perfect. Except for that day when I forgot his graduation day, but apart from that, we’re having all sweet moments together.

 

 

I walk into the elevator and hesitatingly press the button to level five. Within a few seconds, the elevator stops as I reach level five. Why does it feels like time is ticking fast, everything seems so instant and fast? I walk to the apartment number 1204, which is sehun’s apartme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter