Chapter 9

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

-Chapter 9-

“Please leave now. I’m busy, and I have a lot of work to do. Please don’t disturb me.”

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“It’s okay I get it. And oh babe, tomorrow is the graduation day so I’ll be waiting for you. Don’t be late okay. Take care!”

 

Tao is staring at his phone, reading the text message he just received confusedly. He has no idea about the text message and he knows nothing about graduation day or whatever regarding to it. Thinking that the sender got the wrong number, tao then decide to ignore and just delete the text. But then, the naughty tao changes his mind and the tap the reply button and start typing “okay” as a reply. Without hesitating, tao casually reply the text and smile like he has done something really fun. He got no idea about what he had done just now and happily walk into his department where his colleagues are busy doing their works. He smiles like a fool while greeting the others happily when suddenly someone came from beside him and pinch his cheek furiously.

“Ouch! Ouch! That’s hurt!”

“That’s what you get if you keep playing around when you actually got a lot work to do.”

Jiyeon said furiously while greeting her teeth. Tao then screams in pain when jiyeon then drags him towards her table, still pinching his cheek. Chanyeol, IU, Kris and suzy who witnessed the scene laugh hardly to see tao got scolded by jiyeon. Kris is insulting tao by raising his thumbs. Tao then pouts cutely.

“Jiyeonnie… I promise you I won’t do this again, now let me go okay.”

“I don’t trust you Huang Zitao. Now bring the materials, and please hands me the file with our designs. We’re going to the tailors department and ask them to author our summer dress.”

Toa did whatever jiyeon has asked him to do after getting scold just now. He then stops playing around and do his job seriously, avoiding himself from any trouble anymore. He knows jiyeon’s passion for her job so he really should be serious with that too since this is for their big fashion project. They enter the tailors’ district area and greet the workers there. Everyone seems excited to see two of the famous designers in their company came. Their department head, Kim Minseok, then appears while smiling at them cutely.

“Minseok-ssi, how are you doing?” Jiyeon greet while bowing.

“I’m alright. What makes you guys came? Can I help you?” Minseok asked full of manners.

“Hyung, we had finished the design for the fashion show. So we need your department’s head to stitch a dress for us, according this this design and the stated measurement.” Tao explained to Minseok.

“Let me see your design first. Oh… this is so pretty! Okay, we can do it for you. And the fabric?” Minseok agreed.

“Here. It’s silk and chiffon. All the descriptions are stated in the sheets. We’re counting on you guys. Thanks Minseok-ssi.” Jiyeon briefly explained about the fabrics.

“Okay okay. We’ll do our best. Give us maximum two days and you can come here to take your dress.” Minseok said while smiling at them.

After thanking Minseok, tao and jiyeon then walk back to their department. They don’t have a time to waste because the still got a plenty of works to do. Now they went back to their department to start preparing for the accessories. Tao is getting ready to decorate the bag, while jiyeon is making a handmade long-necklace and also bracelet that suits the dress well by using the various types of colorful beads. As a professional young designers, these two really got various abilities, not just in designing, also in personal creativity.

All of the designers in the department are busy with their own designs. They have been working for hours since their due date is slowly approaching. Now it has been three hours tao sewed additional decoration to a simple plain bag, turns the bag into a very trendy and vogue bag. While for jiyeon, she has finished an attractive long-necklace with mixed types of colorful beads and an upscale bracelet that match the necklace well. After finishing their works, tao and jiyeon finally manage to let out a reviving breath.

“We’re almost there jiyeon. Just one more thing left, and we’re done.”

“Yeah. We just have to find any factory that is able to make our shoes on time, and there’s nothing more to worry about. So when will we do it tao?”

“Uhm… I am tired, and I know you’re tired too. So let’s take a rest for the remaining time left today, and we’ll start again tomorrow.”

“Okay. Cool. Now I’m going to sleep for the whole evening and night. Finally.”

“Then, I’ll go first. See you again tomorrow.”

 

----------------------------------------

Ding dong.

The house bell is ringing that morning, waking up the sleeping jiyeon in her room. Upon hearing the bell, jiyeon wakes up and stretches her body sleepily. She then slowly get off her bed and unstably walks to the main door. The bell is ringing again, telling that the person out there is in rush. Jiyeon opens the door quickly, still with her sleepwear, and with her half-open eyes. Right after the door is opened, there stands a guy in front of the door, looking at jiyeon with a nervous gaze.

“Tao?”

“Good morning, jiyeon.”

“What…why are you here?”

“Jiyeon… it’s already ten in the morning and you’re late to work for almost an hour.”

“What?!”

“Get dressed quickly I will be waiting for you at my car… downstairs.”

Before tao can finish his words, jiyeon is already dashing back into the house as she realized that she’s late for work. Luckily, jiyeon manage to get fully dressed and prepared within ten minutes and runs down the building as fast as she can. Jiyeon decides to just ride with tao since tao had come all the way from the company just to wake her up. This is why life is when you got no mobile phone. Although she’s late, jiyeon manage to dress prettily with a simple slim dress and a plain coat. Now what bothers jiyeon is tao, because he acts strangely quiet today, as he didn’t talk at all during their way to the company, like he’s worrying something. And he is avoiding jiyeon’s eyes too.

“Tao, what’s happened? You look agitated.” Jiyeon asked concerned.

“U—uh? I’m okay. But there’s something I have to tell you.” Tao said, still avoiding jiyeon’s eyes.

“What is it? Is there any problem? Just tell me.” Jiyeon said.

“I’ll tell you when we arrive.” Tao’s voice is lowering down.

Jiyeon doesn’t reply. She lightly nods, doesn’t want to make tao feel uncomfortable. Tao never act like this, like he is nervous as hell. The atmosphere in the car turns quiet as none of them talk, until they arrive in front of the building. Tao tells jiyeon to depart first because he will go park his car at the basement. Jiyeon then heads into the building first, right the elevator to her department alone, and she’s late for more than an hour. She’s been working too hard lately and doesn’t get herself enough sleep, so this is what happened, overslept.

Jiyeon walks as fast as she can to her department, since she’s late and she still got a lot of work to do. Only one design is still hasn’t settled, which is shoes. They still have to list out which material is suitable for the heels they design before sending it to the factory. Right when jiyeon enters the department, her colleagues then greet her with a teasing smile. Kris, the department head then approaches her with a serious face.

“What makes you late jiyeon-ssi?”

“Uhm… well, to be honest, I overslept.”

“That’s all?”

“I guess, sorry kris-ssi. Are you mad?”

“Haha are you kidding? Did you ever see I’ve been being mad? Just don’t do this again. I understand your problem without phone, so just buy a new one soon okay.”

“After everything is done and this busy month end, I will. Thanks kris, now I have to do my work and work on my heels.”

“Uhm… tao didn’t tell you?”

“Tell what?”

Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter