Chapter 14

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

-Chapter 14-

“Can I know… the girl you’re falling for? Your colleague, the one you always talked about.”- Sehun

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s POV

Jiyeon and tao won. What else can I say, they are both talented, skillful, and indeed they will be a professional designers in a short time. I can see jiyeon on the stage, smiling happily to the audience, the smile that will always make my heart flutters. As jiyeon and tao finally get off the stage, I quickly make my way to the backstage to congratulate them. And not to forget, a bouquet of flower I bought on my way here. Why did I buy the flower? I have expected jiyeon to be the winner after seeing their design, so I bought this specially for her. This flowers smell so nice, I hope jiyeon will like it. Sehun was right, I have to follow my heart, and right now my heart tells me to get her.

All the designers from kris’s department are gathering around kris and tao, congratulating them of course. Baekhyun is also there, and from a far I can hear his loud voice, blabbering something about jiyeon have to share the fame with him. That guy, such a crazy mood-maker. I take a deep breath before I make my attempt to congratulate jiyeon, this have to be perfect. I keep walking and only stop when I arrive right next to jiyeon who seems to be smiling a lot, she must be so freaking happy right now. Good thing she still notices me who just appeared and gives her sweetest smile to me, are you trying to kill me Park Jiyeon?

“Our manager is here! Luhan hyung you should treat all of us tonight. Since I won, so I demand you too…” Tao keep bragging about him winning when baekhyun suddenly stopped him.

“Wait wait. Hyung, those flowers… what are those for?” Baekhyun then asked me.

“O—oh? This… it’s for jiyeon. Jiyeon congratulation on your first winning! You deserve it!” I hesitated for a while and then quickly hand jiyeon the bouquet.

“For me? Aww luhan oppa is so sweet! Is this really for me? I’m seriously touched right now oppa. You’re always the best.” Jiyeon said while staring at me excitedly.

“Ehem… isn’t it my collaboration with jiyeon? Why you only congratulate her hyung? So mean! You know me before you know her and now you simply forget about me? I hate you!” Tao exclaimed while showing me his annoying face.

“Yah yah tao, shut the up! We can never expect people who’s falling in love. Let him be.” Kris said while poking my arms playfully.

“You should shut up too kris. Stop saying nonsense.” I said while threatening him with a fake punch.

“Oppa is falling in love? With who? Is it me?” IU bluntly asked.

“Don’t be so delusional IU. Who wants a girl like you? Only me…” Chanyeol said while glancing at IU.

“Are you confessing to her yeollie? Aww so sweet!” Jiyeon’s face brighten up.

“You know what sweeter jiyeon?” Upon seeing jiyeon’s excited face, I frankly asked her.

“No. What is it?” She replied with a confused face.

“Would you mine giving me a free hug, as a winning ceremony?” I told her in front of other friends.

 

I can hear tao’s slow gasp, I can also hear kris and baekhyun whispers, but my eyes are only focusing at jiyeon who seems to be interpreting my requested, well she looks so puzzled but cute at the same time right now. I look at her for a few seconds before I spread my arms, telling her to come closer. But of course, I don’t expect her to come though. As I keep staring at jiyeon while spreading arms widely, I can see smile starts forming on jiyeon’s face, and it’s not long until jiyeon comes closer into my arms, making me feels so special right now. She is giggling cutely in my embrace as Baekhyun, kris, tao, suzy, chanyeol and IU start teasing us.

“Don’t you think you guys are being quite overacting here? Luhan hyung you don’t want any free hug from me too?” The bad-mouth tao came again.

“Shut up you green guy.” And thanks baekhyun for trolling tao for me.

While baekhyun and tao are fighting against each other, jiyeon then slowly pushes my body away and release the hug. With the flowers still on her hands, jiyeon suddenly looks like she just remembered something. Jiyeon then excused us before she walks outside the backstage entrance, basically entering the hall with so many people out there. As some people pass by her, they stop to congratulate her. Jiyeon looks so proud with her achievement though. After the people left, I can see jiyeon keep wandering around the place, looks like she’s searching for someone.

Somehow she looks like a lost kid, so cute! Ignoring the other friends that are busy with each other, I slowly approaching jiyeon from behind. She is still looking around the hall with a concern face. Within a few seconds, jiyeon then takes out her new phone while calling someone. Just by seeing her frustrated face, it seems like she can’t reach the person she’s calling. I walk near her and naturally wrap my arm around her shoulders.

“Ah luhan oppa! You surprised me.”

“Oh really? I’m sorry. But jiyeon, what are you doing? You look so worried.”

“I was searching for a friend I invited here. I saw him among the audience when receiving the trophy. But looks like he’s not here anymore.”

“Him? A guy friend? Or your boyfriend?”

“Basically, you’re right. I just wanna introduce him to you guys. But it seems like he has left. And I couldn’t call him too.”

“Eh? Why is he like that? Maybe he’s up to something so he has to leave first.”

“Maybe… I will introduce him next time. Oppa, are you going to join the celebration? I heard kris will pay everything. It must be fun right?”

“Oh that… I don’t think I can join. I’m so tired right now and I really need a rest. But jiyeon, since we all got a day off tomorrow, can I reserve you for the whole day tomorrow?”

“What? Why?”

“I got a free summer coupon for boat cruise vacation tomorrow. Since it’s free, of course it’s no fun if I go alone, so I was thinking… if you don’t mind… we can, yeah, spend our time together.”

“Why you look so shy luhan oppa? Hahaha. Give me some times to think. I will inform you back tonight. Just give me your number and I’ll call you.”

“O—okay. Give me your phone.”

I am so sure that I blushed a lot right now. I was shy, but the real reason is I’m actually being so nervous. What if she rejects me right away? That’s what I feared for. But luckily, jiyeon said she will tell me later, so it’s not that awkward if she rejects me on the phone. I quickly saved my contact number in jiyeon’s phone before I hand it back to jiyeon. Jiyeon then waves me goodbye before she runs to where our friends are waiting. If jiyeon agrees to join me tomorrow, I wouldn’t regret to not join tonight.

 

 

------------------------------------

After parking my car at the basement lot, I ride the elevator to the lobby. Before going up to my level, I suddenly remember buying some personal stuffs at the convenient store across the road right in front of the building. I walk out of the building and make my way directly to the 24 hours convenient store. I take a few bottles of energy drinks, some snacks, and also a sun block cream. Of course, I will be on a boat trip tomorrow so I have to prepare sun block. I put the things on the counter and take out my credit card to pay. While waiting for the cashier to count the total, my eyes start wandering throughout the transparent wall of the store, looking outside. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter