Chapter 39

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

-Chapter 39-

“Someday, you will be happy too, sehun. Life is not always fair, but it’s not always biased too. Don’t worry.”- Suho

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

I’m standing in front of the big hotel building while looking at it full of amazement. Holding a wedding party inside this grand place would be everyone’s dream wedding. As expected of a CEO of big company though. But talking about wedding doesn’t suit me, because I’m currently a complete loner. I carefully enter the building and before heading to the ballroom, I firstly make my way to the washroom first. I don’t why but I’m feeling so nervous right now, maybe because I will possibly meet my previous colleagues here. I check on myself in the mirror, just in case something is not right. It has been long since I last wear classy black suit like this. I hastily fix my bowtie and walk out the washroom.

Many people are walking into the ballroom right now, and I’m one of them. When I walk in, there’s a guy I knew as CEO Kim’s secretary is standing beside a big table with plenty of gifts. I head off to him, greet him and hand him the gift I bought. He then tells me to enter the ballroom. Since I came alone, I start wandering around the hall awkwardly. Some girls are eyeing me, making me feel uncomfortable.

“Isn’t that the previous official male model for the company? His face is recognizable.”

“He’s so handsome! I think more handsome than the current model. Why does he quit though?”

“Maybe he committed trouble and got kicked out. Who knows?”

“Slow down your voice. He might hear us.”

What the heck? I already heard that. These girls are crazy. How can they talk like that right in front of me? It really hits me. The fact that I suddenly resigned is not a big issue. Someone quit when he wants, so what? I feel like dissing them right on their face now, fortunately I’m still aware this is someone else’s event, and I can’t ruin it. I decide to ignore everything that is not important, because I came to congratulate CEO Kim, not hearing insults or anything. I walk to the beverages corner to get myself a drink. Is there any juices here?

“Oh Sehun!”

“What the hell?!!”

“Yah talk with manner even if you’re surprised!”

“I’m sorry baekhyun hyung. But you should greet me mannerly too, not shouting like that.”

 

This cute hyung really knows how to surprise people. Last week when he came to my house to deliver the wedding invitation, he surprised me too. He came into my house without knocking, I really thought he is burglar. Now, he is smiling like a kid after surprising me. But it’s great that he came, now I won’t be alone and awkward anymore. We then walk together to the empty table, reserved for Cheongdam branch’s executives. So this table is reserved for luhan and others.

“Hyung, I don’t think we should sit here.”

“Why?”

“This table is for luhan and his colleagues, let’s go somewhere else.”

“Don’t worry, there’s still empty spot for us here. Each table is for ten person, there are only seven of them. You should be excited to see your friends. Or you actually don’t wanna see jiyeon? You’re still hurting because of her?”

“Nothing hyung. Okay, let just sit here.”

 

I really don’t feel like answering baekhyun’s questions. I don’t wanna sit here not only because of jiyeon, it’s because I don’t wanna face them all. I know there will be flood of questions from them later, because I left without telling any of them. I just don’t wanna answer questions, I’m sick of it. Another thing, I am certain that there will be at least one person telling me to join them back, like tao always said when we met. I really need to avoid all those things.

“Look! There they are.”

Baekhyun hyung said half shouting. No one is able to stop his mouth from talking or shouting or anything. I look at the ballroom entrance baekhyun pointed, and there I see luhan and jiyeon are walking side by side, with their hands linked to each other. Closely following behind are tao, kris and the other three. My heart really pounding to see them all. I just hope I can enjoy this event without any problem, just that. As they are coming closer, I start to bow down my head and blankly staring at the empty table. I can hear they are greeting baekhyun, and some of them even already pulling the chairs, getting ready to sit down. I keep bowing down my head, as my heart really can’t stop thumping, why am I this nervous?

“Oh! Is that you sehun?”

I can clearly hear tao’s voice asking. And after that, the atmosphere suddenly turns silent, making me close my eyes in anxiety. I can’t keep ignoring them like this, it’s not that I’m invisible. Now that tao has noticed me, everyone has probably did the same. I slowly lift up my head and awkwardly look around while smiling bitterly. I can see tao and kris are smiling to see me, while jiyeon is looking surprised next to luhan. IU, Suzy and Chanyeol then run to me before they start hugging me on the chair. I didn’t expect this kind of happy reaction though.

“I miss you sehun!” IU said.

“Yeah we miss you a lot!” Suzy then said.

“There’s no one who can help us with simple works when you’re not around.” Chanyeol then stated.

“I miss you guys too.” I replied while smiling at the sheepishly.

All of them then sit on the empty seats, and thankfully until now no one is making me uncomfortable with questions and all. Jiyeon and luhan are sitting in front of me, making me feel uncomfortable to look straight to the front. Sometimes, I can feel like someone is staring at me, but I’m not sure who’s the person.

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

After all the guests arrived, the greeter then close the main entrance to the hall as the wedding ceremony will start soon. The bridegroom, which is their CEO is now waiting for his bride on the stage, being anxious. Everyone stays silent too, patiently waiting for the bride to appear. Within a few minutes later, door slowly open, revealing the bride is carefully walking onto the stage, to where her bridegroom is waiting. As seohyun’s hand reaches suho’s, everyone starts clapping their hands happily to see the couple.

Seeing the couple is standing on the stage together, staying close to each other like a loving couple, the girls start being excited. IU and suzy are now busy fangirling over the married couple on the big stage. Only jiyeon stays silent and only smiles to see them.

“They look so sweet! I want to get married too.” IU said.

“Yeah, for me, married couples’ loves seem more eternal than non-married couple.” Suzy agreed.

The guys only smile to hear how IU and suzy start fangirling about being married. While jiyeon suddenly excused to the washroom. Seeing jiyeon gets up, sehun can’t block his eyes from staring at jiyeon. She looks so pretty with that cream dress she’s wearing, and luhan actually notices sehun’s eyes are on his girlfriend.

 

 

------------------------------------

 

“I will now throw this flower bouquet for the girls. Girls, you guys can come to the front of the stage to get this bouquet. Who knows you will be the next bride.” Seohyun called.

She is now standing alone on the stage while holding a mic and also a bouquet of flowers, while Suho is wandering around the hall to meet everyone. He is now talking to sehun and baekhyun while drinking some juices. Suddenly, the girls start running to the front of the stage to catch the bouquet. Sehun, baekhyun and suho are standing right behind the huge group of girls while watching them. Looking at his wife, suho can’t hold himself from smiling happily, making sehun and baekhyun .

“CEO-nim, you really love her don’t you?” Baekhyun teased.

“If not I wouldn’t marry her instead. I love her with my whole heart.” Suho replied.

“It’s great that you can actually marry someone you really love. Not everyone is able to marry someone they want to marry. Right hyung?” Sehun said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter