Chapter 37

Love Uncovered [ON HOLD/EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chapter 37-

“That smile has always warmed my heart, but I don’t think I will ever see that smile again.”- Sehun

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

Everyone is still gathering in the middle of the department, getting to know the new guy who replaces sehun. I sit the silently, not because I’m not interested, but because this is so sudden and unexpected. Why sehun left suddenly like this? He would have informed us first… Ray-ssi is not that bad, he is as handsome as sehun, and he got full requirement packages as a model and face. It’s just, I have been used to have sehun going around the department while helping us. Did he get greater job? But… I shouldn’t care. I’m the one who told him to keep his distance from me, I made this choice.

“I’m sorry, is this the management department?” A voice is heard in front of the door where two guys is standing there, and they look like pizza delivery boys.

“Yeah. And why are you here? I don’t think anyone of us ordered pizzas.” Kris answered.

“There is someone. I’m sorry, here is six boxes of large pizza, and six packs of seasoned chickens. And he asked me to hand you guys a note too. He has gave me the tips too, I’ll leave now.” The pizza boys came in and put the pizzas and seasoned chicken on the table. One of them then hands a note to chorong.

“Thanks.” Chorong unnie said before the boys walked away.

“Unnie, read it now.” Suzy then insisted.

“Okay. I’ll read it.” Chorong unnie said while opening the folded notes.

 

“How are you guys doing? I’m sorry for leaving without informing any of you first. It’s an urgent decision. But it’s not a big deal because CEO Kim has chosen someone who is better to replace me, I know you guys will like him. Anyways, I can’t be there to help you guys anymore. It’s a great time I have spent there in this few months. Leaving is something I can’t stop myself from doing it. I’m sorry that I didn’t even say goodbye. I sent you guys seasoned chickens and pizzas because I know it’s boring for you guys to eat the same lunch at the café every day, so please enjoy the foods I have sent. And oh, please pass half of it to the fellow models too. Eat it without worries, it’s more like my appreciation towards all of you for treating me well throughout these months. See you again someday guys.”

 

 

Everyone stays silent when chorong unnie is reading the long notes, and everyone keeps being silent even after chorong unnie finish reading. They all look sad, except for luhan who looks confuse instead. Of course, he lives just a few doors away from sehun, meeting sehun anytime is not a problem for him. But looking at his expression, I guess sehun did not tell anyone about his resignation too, even tao, because tao looks surprised and upset just now.

“So… I’ll send the pizzas to the models.” Kris suddenly break the silence while taking three boxes of pizza with him.

“I’ll help bringing the chickens.” Suzy then offered before leaving the department.

“I’ll call tao to eat with us.” Then I said.

I just wanna avoid the awkwardness in there right now. I’m sad, and shocked too, but I shouldn’t care. I cannot. I choose luhan, so it’s luhan the one I should focus on, and what sehun did is none of my business, it is his own decision which unrelated to me. I knock three times before entering tao’s room, and I saw tao is sitting on the chair, looking distress. I approach him and sit right in front of him.

“Tao, sehun sent us pizzas and chickens, let’s go out and eat it together.” I said.

“I don’t want. You guys just eat it.” Tao answered coldly.

“Ah why? It’s chicken! And pizza! All are you favorites.” I persuaded.

“You still have the guts to eat it? Jiyeon… you still don’t realize? Sehun has left us.” Tao suddenly turned emotional.

“I know he has left. Maybe he got better life now, while we who got nothing to do with him should just live our life.” I tried to sound calm.

“We got nothing to do with him? You have changed a lot jiyeon… When I first know you almost two years ago, you’re a nice bubbly girl who take care of others as well as yourself. You know sehun way better than we all knew him, how can you say you got nothing to do with him jiyeon?” I can see tao’s face turned red.

“Did you… know something tao?” I asked curiously.

“Even if I know anything, I will keep quiet. I met sehun last weekend, he didn’t even tell me that he’s leaving. But he did look depress… His gaze is the same like when I met him a year ago, when he’s worrying you for working overtime late at night. His gaze shows that he still cares like he used to.” So tao did know something.

“Past is past. I don’t see the point of you bringing up these again, but I will pretend to not hear it. I will go out first, you should come out if you’re hungry.” I said before getting up from the seat.

 

Without wasting any time, I walk out of tao’s room and walk to where everyone is gathering. So tao knew, because he had met sehun a year ago. I should have aware about that. But I know tao won’t tell luhan or anyone else. I feel sorry for being rude to tao just now, but I will stick to my decision for not caring about anything regarding to sehun anymore. Then, I see tao is coming out from his room and walk passed by us without looking, but then chorong unnie stops him.

“Tao, sehun sent this to us as appreciation, you should eat it too.” Chorong said.

“I don’t want. Sehun is doing so well with his job, with passion and determinations… It’s pathetic he has to leave just for others happiness. It’s a pity he left so certain people won’t feel uncomfortable with his existence here.” Tao replied coldly before he leaves the department.

 

Chorong unnie seems flustered by tao’s sudden coldness. I look at luhan who is staring at tao until he disappears. Luhan seems uncomfortable with tao’s words too. We all know tao is always being forthright, and he just surprised us wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter