Behind Closed Doors

Story Reviews

»Behind Closed DoorsReview«

Story

Title (5/5)

I really really like this title, I find it so appropriate with a deep meaning. Behind closed doors; being related to secrets untold and the characters within this story harbour a lot so props to that. Add on how Baekhyun had first found her behind a locked toilet door, how she likes to seek refuge behind her bedroom door. Full marks here. (unless I'm just thinking too much)
 
Foreward/Description (8/10)
 
Definitely attention grabbing but I would have preferred some relation to the characters within the story to make it more personal. 
 
Appearance (3/5)
 
Readable font, good spacing and paragraphing. Just might want to add a horizontal line of sorts before your author's note so it looks more segregated from the story as a suggestion. 
 
Plot (10/15)
 
This is really just the beginning so the score is as such. 
 
As per mentioned in relation to your title, I like how you have established the mysterious characters Eunhyung and Baekhyun and now possibly Chanyeol. What exactly is their background and why do they behave the way they do? Definitely drawing your readers in but my slight complain would be that too little has happened/ been revealed in five chapters. 
 
Credit to revelation of her mother's death which is probably a contributing factor but so far it seems that her running away might be a random one time off impulsive action and if true should already been explained as to what drove her to do so. From my perspective, had it been a long pressing issue ie as some of your readers might think an abusive father, her getaway should have been a planned one ie luggage and getaway transport. This seems more like a small fight which led her to angrily flee the house in the midst of mad emotions because she doesnt seem too afraid returning back home. 
 
Will go into characters below, overall an interesting start but more could have been done in terms of characterization and flow.
 
Originality (13/15)
 
A bit too early to tell if you're headed down a cliche path but currently I like what I see so credit given. 
 
Language (19/20)
 
Absolutely nothing wrong with your writing, would have preferred more emotions apart from just physical descriptions of events. 
 
Flow (7/10)
 
As mentioned above, a bit too slow for me; too little has happened. But overall chapter length and linking one to the next has been quite comfortable. 
 
Characterization (5/10)
 
Eunkyung as your main character definitely needs a lot more emotional development. What caused her impulse runaway, her way of judging people, is she an anti-social?
 
Honestly, her father's character seems rather mild so far, is her hatred even justified? Is it really him or is it just her?
 
I wasn't too fond of the way she judged Baekhyun; a cute looking petite boy looks like a ? I can't tell what part of him screams at all especially with a soft character; versus a huge guy who banged the door down impolitely after screaming out once. Add to that the total opposite of how her father suddenly views him after simply a short chat after proving to us that he does not approve of her being out with a guy at night. 
 
Can't pick on too much on why Baekhyun acts the way he does since story is done in Eunkyung's POV so if you want us to feel how she does, understand her, you need to really develop her well so I can relate. Currently I can't figure her out. 
 
Overall Enjoyment (7/10)
 
Not too bad a read. 
 
Reviewed by: eunhyuksgal
 
77/100!