Pirates: A Sinners Curse

Story Reviews

»Pirates: A Sinners CurseReview«

Pirates: A Sinners Curse - main story image

Story

Title (4/5)

Befitting enough but nothing too captivating unless one is into pirate stories. 
 
Foreward/Description (8/10)
 
I like how its short and simple without giving too much away but you did place a lot of emphasis on "Lee Sora's" secret which was revealed so soon into the story at chapter 2. 
 
Appearance (3/5)
 
Nice feel for a pirate story within the poster. Does give a Pirates of the Caribbean feel but their outfits do not match; modern western pirate versus traditional Korean princess?
 
Plot (10/15)
 
It's really too soon to determine if it's going to be a good story but as mentioned above, you seem to be combining two different worlds and perhaps even timeline so you have to watch it. Modern weaponry onboard a ship? Modern technology and clothes for the pirates? Versus traditional Korean princess? How do Korean pirates look like? Also Kyungsoo and William Tate; names indicate they are of such different backgrounds?
 
Considering this is a pirate and perhaps action filled story, the first chapter needed more action and descriptions for Kyungsoo's great escape. 
 
Originality (9/15)
 
I have to give you slight credit here because pirate-based stories aren't common but it feels too much of a POC rip-off sorry.
 
Language (13/20)
 
Spelling mistakes, plural and singular form, tenses and phrasing are a few things you should improve on.
 
Secondly, I'm not too fond of using pirate language within the writing especially if neither you nor your readers are familiar and fluent in it.
 
Flow (7/10)
 
It's alright so far but I was shocked her big secret was revealed so soon. Also you labeled both of them Sora so that was confusing. You could have referred to her as the servant before revealing that her name was not Sora. You wrote it as Sora was on the ship...Sora walked around the room...all within the same chapter. 
 
Characterization (4/10)
 
I believe their background will come later into the story. Currently, there's really nothing I can read into the characters and they barely sparked interest in me. 
 
Overall Enjoyment (5/10)
 
Cute read. I give credit for imagination. 
 
Reviewed by: eunhyuksgal
 
63/100!