More than Frienship, Less than Lovers

The Revenge of the Nerd

You and Teen Top were at a restaurant celebrating yours and L.Joe's graduation.

"Order anything you like." L.joe handed you a menu like the gentleman he is. "Yeobo, what about me? Don't I get a menu??" Chunji cooed. Everyone including you cringed.

"Yeah, noona. Order anything you like. CAP hyung is paying anyways." Changjo smiled, making his eyes disappear.

"Really?? Alright! I'll get everything on this menu." Ricky threw the menu back on the table.

CAP gave the maknaes a glare.

Changjo and Ricky blinked innocently. "What?" They said together.

The atmosphere was bright and happy. You temporarily forgot about the graduation and Woohyun.

You steak arrived and you started to dig in.

"Sooo...." Chunji looked at you. "I heard you are going to Standford University in California on a full ride."

Ricky, Niel, and Changjo almost choked on their food.

"What!??!" Niel squealed.

"Noona, are you really leaving us?" Changjo's voice quivered.

"She hates us!!!" Ricky wailed. The three young ones earned a smack in the heads from the tough leader. "Quit whining you babies." CAP said nonchalantly.

You nodded your head. "Don't worry guys. I'll be back during breaks to visit your guys." You gave them a thumbs up, but  the boys seem bummed out.

"Things won't be the same." Ricky faked a sniffle.

It was L.joe's turn to talk. "Ricky has got a point. You did get into one of the best colleges in Korea so why not stay there? I'm going there." He wiggled his eyebrows and nudged you.

"Yeah! Yeah! Stay!" Changjo pleaded.

Now, it was your turn to sulk. "I...don't know. You know the past few years here have not been generous to me. All this drama, I just want to get away for a while." You played with the silver charm bracelet from Woohyun and looked at it. *And I want to forget some of the sad memories.*

Chunji patted your back. "We understand it must be really hard on you. Just don't forget to webcam us, write letters and keep in touch."

L.Joe clapped his hands. "Alright, alright enough with the heavy, sad atmosphere and cheers. We finally graduated." L.joe held up his soda and clunked it with his friends.

Just then, the six Infinite boys came into the same restaurant, laughing loudly.

You all perked up at the familiar voices.

"Well, well, well. Isn't it Teen Top?" Sungjong clucked his tongue and marched over. "WASSSSUUP, MAN!!!" The maknae spread his arms out to greet the maknaes of Teen Top and everyone else.

You all chuckled at Sungjong's enthusiasm. Infinite and Teen Top greeted each other like old buddies again. You took a glimpse of Hoya and he met eyes with you.

You felt different around him now that you know he was your secret admirer all along.

Hoya walked up to you. "Hey." You gave him a small wave. "Hey." You and Hoya exchanged a small and awkward conversation. He wished you luck in the States and you returned the favor by wishing him luck at L.joe's college.

The two groups parted shortly and you and Teen Top left to go hangout in a bowling alley. On the way there, you had a few things in mind and they all revolve around Hoya.

L.joe was walking next to you the whole time and noticed your thinking face. He nudged you. "Yo. What cha thinking about?" He flashed a smile.

You were about to reply when a girl who was crying bumped into you and almost knocked you over, but L.joe caught you in time.

"People these days do not know how to say excuse me." he frowned. You stood back up and brushed your skirt. "It's okay. I didn't fall anyways." But you spoke too soon and a boy who was chasing after the girl came running past you, making you almost fall again.

"Like I said, people have no manners." L.joe said loudly hoping the boy would hear and apologize, but he didn't.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." You looked over to see the couple in an arguement. The boy grabbed the girl's wrist, but she pushed him away and crossed the street without looking at a mercedes car accelerating towards her.

"MINHAE!!" The boy yelled. and rushed to pushed the girl out of the way so the car hits him instead. "MYUNGSOO!!" She ran towards him. (A/N: Teehee I'm using the characters from my other story.)

You and L.joe just witness the tragic scene. It felt like dejavu for you with a few exceptions. Immediately, you thought about Woohyun and touched the bracelet he left behind.

L.Joe took a small look at you. *She's thinking about Woohyun hyung again. I hate seeing my best friend cry. I wish she would just move on from the painful memory.* "It's such a tragedy seeing such a scene. This is why you should cherish every person and every single minute of the day with people you care about or those who were caring about you this whole time. You never know when they will go and if you will ever see them again."

L.joe's words hit you. *He's right. I have to move on and accept the fact that Woohyun is no longer here. I should trust and enjoy every moment I have with those who care about me. * You turn toward L.joe. "Byunghun, I think there might be a change of plans."

L.joe tried to hide his smirk. *He can thank me later.*

--------------------------------------------

~A FEW MONTHS LATER~

"Come on, L.Joe. We're going to be late. We still have to find our classes in this big campus!!!!!!!" You yanked a tired and cranky L.joe out of the car. "Thanks for the ride, CAP!" You waved him goodbye.

"Ugh! Why did you decide to go to college with me? Now I can't skip whenever I want." L.joe whined.

You chuckled a bit. "Well a few months ago weren't you bawling your eyes out with Teen Top that I was leaving for America. Now, you are complaining I'm going to the same school as you?"

L.joe faked his anger. "Darn." He stomped his foot.

You finally found your first class in a lecture hall. You saw people filing in and filling seats fast. Then you saw a familiar face with an available seat next to him. You smiled and sat in the empty seat.

"Why, hello, seatmate." You extended your hand. "I'm Kim Jinah. What's your name?"

Hoya perked up at the familiar seraphic voice. "Y-You." He pointed at you.

"So, are you going to tell me your name?"

Hoya laughed. "Long time no see, Jinnie. I thought you were in America."

You shrugged. "I thought Korea might be the better place for me. Afterall, it is filled with memories, and I thought it would be interesting to spend my college years with my best friend and secret admirer." You smirked.

Hoya's jaw dropped. *She knows?* He was about to ask how did you find out, but you beat him to it.

"Woohyun told me. He wrote a final letter to me." You looked at the bracelet you are still wearing from Woohyun.

"Oh." Hoya looked down at his notebook. The atmosphere had gotten awkward.

"Hoya,"

Hoya looked up at you.

"Remember when you confessed to me?"

He nodded his head.

"Well, I thought about it and I'm sorry I cannot fully accept you right now, but give me some time, arasso?" You flashed him a heart-melting smile.

Hoya grinned and nodded his head. You and Hoya laughed and joked around until a mean professor came in and made you copy notes until your hand almost snapped off.

At the end of class, you made lunch plans with Hoya and parted to your next class.

You walked along the grassy campus and inhaled the fresh air. You looked up at the bright sun and smiled. *A new start.* You thought.

You had 15 minutes to spare before your next class so you sat on a bench to rest. Your eyes darted to the silver bracelet. You touched the heart charm in the middle.

*I miss you, Woohyun. I may have lost my first love, but I think I found someone who can help mend my pain. Maybe, it's time for me to learn from my past, and look forward to what awaits me in the future.* You unclasped the metal chain and placed it on the bench.

You walked away and turned around one last time to stare at the shiny metal sitting peacefully in the open sun. *Goodbye Woohyun.*

You walked back into the main building and headed to your next class.


^-^ Thanks for the support guys!!!