Final Letter from Woohyun

The Revenge of the Nerd

You looked at the old photo album of pictures with you and Woohyun. They were pictures from back when you were still a 'nerd'.You can't help but smile at the memories. You wiped away a few drops of tears, looking at these pictures.
You spotted the scarf you made for Woohyun back then. *Babo. He kept it all this time.*

You suddenly felt you missed him even more. You saw a silver chained bracelet with a giant heart charm in the middle. Your fingers grazed through the cold metal piece.
"WH <3 JA" was engraved. You hooked the chain onto your wrist. *Babo.*
You dug into the box and spotted a thick envelope. You opened it up and there was a three paged letter from Woohyun.
The date was marked when you 'ended' things with Woohyun after the misunderstanding with Sanghye.

You noticed some of the ink started to smear in his letter. *Was he crying when he wrote this?*

Dear Jinnie,

I like calling you that. Do you know how much I miss you already? You refuse to answer my calls or texts. I waited outside for you all night. I even instant messaged and emailed you, but you would not respond. Now, I'm writing a letter to you.

You do know I love you, right? Why did you end things with me? Did I do something wrong? Why did you tell me you love Hoya?

Maybe things will be better if you go to Hoya. I know he loves you as much as I love you, maybe even more.

But even if you end up choosing him, please, don't treat me as a stranger.

I would be happy being by your side, even if you friend zone me. As long as we're together, lovers or not, I will always be there to protect you and love you.

Yes, I regret all the misunderstandings happening and I wish I was more open and honest. Maybe we can still be together, but I just want you to know, I will always love you. Even if we cannot be together, I will still be your Secret Prince, and wipe away your problems and sorrows, just like Hoya did when he sent you notes in your locker.

Love, always,
Nam Woohyun.

You folded the letter and placed it back into the box. *Woohyun, you silly babo.*

You went to the bathroom to wash your face and fix your ruined makeup from crying. Now, there is no one in the school building. It was empty and silent.

When you came out of the bathroom, you turned a corner to go retrieve some things in your locker. You saw someone lingering near your locker and hid behind a wall.

You saw that person stick something inside your locker and took a good look at the person. *Hoya?* You noticed him leave and quickly opened your locker.

A note fell on the ground.
 

You picked it up and remembered Woohyun's final sentence in his letter. *So, Hoya was my secret admirer this whole time? He even confessed to me! How can I have been so blind?*

You opened the note with a short message.

Your speech was great, but I like seeing you smile more.
I'm sorry this will be my final message to you.
I know you are going to America to study.
Be happy and good luck in college.

"Hoya, it was you the entire time." You started to tear up again, but stopped yourself when you remembered his words.