Graduation

The Revenge of the Nerd

It was the day every high school student waited for: Graduation.

Every student were seated in alphabetical order in the first couple rows in the school's auditorium.

You got up on stage and stood on the podium to give your valdictorian speech.

"Good afternoon, parents, family and friends. Today is a special day for not only our graduates, but also everyone else in this room. We did it. We all graduated. I would like to say, even though high school was filled with drama, I will cherish these memories especially those moments with my best friend in the world, L.joe and of course our most popular group, Infinite." At the mention of those names, there were wild cheering echoing in the auditorium.

"And that includes the crazy and sad moments." You paused and tried to hold in your tears. "As you all know, our classmate, Lee Sanghye was sent to the mental institution a few weeks ago because of a crazy scheme she pulled which led to the death of our most cherish classmate, Nam Woohyun. Even though he is unable to make it today, physically, he will always be in our hearts." You placed a hand on your beating heart and paused before anyone can hear you choke on your words.

You noticed, that the audience were also in the verge of crying. "Woohyun, today is dedicated for you. You hold a special placed in everyone's hearts. " *Especially mine.* After reading the hardest part of  your speech, you wrapped it up by cracking a few corny jokes to lighten up the mood.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, your diplomas. Please come up as I call your names alphabetically." The principal announced through the microphone. "Ahn Jisun."

As students got up one by one to get their diplomas, you sat in a daze, thinking about what happened a few weeks ago.

~Flashback~

You woke up in the hospital bed to see Teen Top laying in the other beds asleep around you with bandages wrapped around their heads and casts on their arms. *At least they are okay. Wait! Woohyun Oppa!!!*
You shot out of your bed and rushed to the emergency area and saw the red light on top of the surgery doors lit up. You spotted the rest of the Infinite members standing and sitting around with worried looks.

Hoya was the first to notice you.
"Jinnie, what are you doing here? You should be resting. You lost a lot of blood and fainted." Hoya glanced at you worriedy.
At the mention of the lost of blood, you started to feel dizzy, but Hoya caught you in time.
"I should be fine." You stubbornly said.
"No you are not. Look at you. Just go rest." Hoya insisted.
"No! I can't rest when I'm the cause of Woohyun being in there." You pointed at the surgery room.

"Hyung, just let her. She probably can't rest properly knowing Woohyun is still in there. We are all worried." Myungsoo said.
Hoya led you to a seat so you can sit down.
Moments later, the light turned off and the doctors along with a few nurses came out.
He took off his mask with a glum expression.
You placed your hands over your mouth. *Please don't let it be.*

"Boys....... and a girl." He glanced at the seven of you.
"I am sincerely sorry, but the bullet pierced through Woohyun's inner organs between a vital vein and his lungs. We tried our best to get out the bullet as fast as possible, but unfortunately the bullet was made out of heavy lead content. He did not make it in time and died from lead poisoning. We are so sorry." The doctor bowed a few times before leaving with the nurses.

When you heard those words, your world came crashing down.
Nothing made sense to you.
You became irrational and started to throw a tantrum and hit whatever or whoever was near you. (which was Hoya)
Hoya took each of your forceful hits, but minutes later, you fainted again.

When you woke up, your life was changed, forever.

~End of Flashback~

"Kim Jinah." You heard your name being called.
You walked up, shook the administrator's hand and received your diploma. *Woohyun-ah, I wish you were here so we can share this moment together.* A tear slid down your cheek as you went back to sit.

L.Joe patted your back in comfort and you hugged him.
"Saying Goodbye is hard." You started to sob.
"I know it is, but you're doing great. Think of it as closing a memorable chapter in your life and preparing to open up a new one." L.joe smoothed your back in comfort.

 

Everyone started to cheer wildly when the last person got their diploma.
Many rushed outside as quickly as they can to throw their caps up.
You met up with Teen Top.
"Congratz, hyung." Niel smacked L.joe's back really hard.
"Dude, it hurts."
"Noona, wanna go celebrate?" Ricky asked.
"Can we go later, I want to stay back for a while."

L.joe knew you wanted to stay for a while and relive yours and Woohyun's memories here at the school so he pushed all the boys out.
"See you later then." He winked at you and left.

Now the auditorium was barely filled, with only a few families left.
"NOONA!!!" You heard a familiar voice call out.
You turned around and smiled. "Hosung! Long time no see."
Hosun ran up to you and tackled you with a hug.
"You came to my graduation?"
"Well, my mom dragged me to see Hoya hyung." Hosung made a face. "But I knew you were here so I came willingly." He cheesed up a smile.
"Aww, thanks." You ruffled his hair.
"Aye, aye, Noona watch the hair. I styled it this morning so I can charm some ladies today." He winked.
"Oh?" You tilted your head.
"Don't worry, noona. You will always be my number one, but this time" He hugged you tightly. "I must let you go." He faked a sniffle.
You chuckled at his dramatic 'goodbye'.
"Oh, by the way, I got you something too." Hosung took out a medium sized box and handed it to you. "I'm sure you'll cherish it."
"Hosung-ah, but you didn't have to." You pushed the gift away.
"Trust me, noona. You'll love it so just take it." *Or else me risking my life sneaking into Infinite's hideout to steal this will all go to waste.* He thought.
"Okay. Thanks, Hosung-ah." You pecked him on the cheek.
"Aww, Noona, you just made it harder forgetting you." He gave you one last hug and ran away.

You sat down on a chair and opened the box.
*I wonder what is it?*
A gasp escape from your mouth and tears started to brim near your eye area.


please don't kill me. please don't kill me. please don't kill me. kill Sanghye isntead