Waiting

The Revenge of the Nerd

It was Saturday. You remembered Woohyun's words about a date.

*He's probably just joking and forgot about it.* You thought and headed out to the supermarket to buy a list of groceries your mother asked you to buy.

While heading to the supermarket, you passed by a little gift shop. From the window display, you could see two bears holding onto a blue and pink heart with a pair of couple rings beside it. You sighed longingly. *I wish I could have a boyfriend like every other girl in the school. I really want to know who this secret admirer is.*

With a sad face, you headed towards the direction of the supermarket.

--------------

Hoya was coincidentally walking down the streets alone. He was suppose to meet up with Woohyun do they can have some bonding time, but a few days ago Woohyun decided to ditch him for an 'emergency'.

So Hoya was left wandering around the streets alone since he did not want to be stuck at home with his evil brother Hosung.

When Hoya looked across the street, he saw you staring at the window. When you left with a sad face, Hoya ran across the street to see what you were looking at.

His heart started to beat faster at the thought of you wanting a boyfriend. He was so scared you would think he's a creep for stuffing notes at your locker and reject him. Now that he saw, hope had filled his heart.*Valentine's day is coming up.*

He ran into the store and bought the couple bear with rings.

----------------

Woohyun had a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He sniffed the flowers and smiled like a love-sick puppy, anticipating your arrival.

*I wonder how is she going to look like today and what is she going to wear?* He thought.

About two hours later, Woohyun was still sitting at outside in the cold waiting for you. He zipped up his hoodie and huddled himself on the bench.

*Where is she? Aish! Did she forget? Luckily I found her number.* He wiped out his phone and called you, but you did not answer.

Another two hours passed. Woohyun threw his phone on the ground in anger. *Why is she not answering her phone? Is she trying to play hard to get or just ignoring the Nam Woohyun?!?!*

Meanwhile, after buying groceries and dropping them off at home, you decided to walk to the newly opened restaurant in Manwondong to try their food.

You skipped your way there and passed by the park you were suppose to meet Woohyun.

*It's been four hours, I doubt he would wait that long. Actually he probably did not even come and forgot about it.* You skipped out of the park when you felt someone wrapped their arms around you from behind.

You froze in place and felt your heart race faster. You can feel the person shivering behind you.

Woohyun turned you around with a pale face. "Y-Y-Y-You're l-l-late." He said with a shaky voice and an angry expression.

"You waited for me?" You blurted in surprise.

Woohyun did not answer you. Instead he dragged you away. You kept screaming at him to make him get off you, but Woohyun just ignored you.

----------------

You and Woohyun were at the restaurant you were heading to.

You bit your lip, still feeling guilty about Woohyun waiting for you for four hours.

"Woohyun......"

"Why did you not answer my calls?" Woohyun said with a monotone.

"Calls??" You felt your pocket for you phone, but realized you left it on your desk in your room.

"At least you're safe now. Do you know how worried I was?"

You looked down. "Sorry. I thought you weren't serious about the date." You mumbled the last part quietly, but Woohyun heard clearly.

He took both your hands and looked into your eyes with sincerity. "Look at me. I really like you."

You did not know how to respond.