Break

The Revenge of the Nerd
Hoya came to your house and knocked.
He peered inside the windows and saw it was dark.
*I guess she's not back yet, but where could she be? It's almost sunset and it will be dangerous out.*
Hoya ran around your block and neighborhood a few times to check for any signs of you.
He started to panic. *Maybe I should call Woohyun hyung, but what if they end up being together and on a date? That would be awkward.*
He wandered around a bit, miraculously, his footsteps took him to the Han River.
Hoya spotted a familiar figure climbing over the railings and jumped into the river.
Instinctively, he jumped into the icy waters.
 
You did not go home. You just kept running and running away from everything.
*Once again he breaks my heart. Why did I not listen to L.joe? I should have moved on. Now my heart is torn into pieces by the same bastard.*
Your legs grew tired so you end up walking.
*Where am I?* You looked around to see you were at the Han River. *How did I get here?*
You stood in front of the icy river and stared into the darkness.
The gloomy atmosphere made you think of Woohyun and memories started to flood your head.
*Stupid Nam Woohyun. Were you not sincere this whole time? Were you always the same player?*
You took out your phone to call L.joe, your source of comfort whenever Woohyun gave you wounds.
He was always there for you last year, but unfortunately he did not pick up his calls.
Your thoughts of suicide over came your judgment.
You did not know what to do. You felt alone with no one to comfort and mend your broken heart.
That was when you decided to make the biggest life-changing decision of your life.
 
You grasped onto the metal railing and hopped to the other side, plunging into the dark river.
You felt the icy cold substance surround your entire body.
You did not bother kicking or fighting the strong currents. You wanted them to just carry you away. You can feel your lungs closing up from the lack of oxygen and hear the waters beat against your ear.
*This is it.* Your eyes were shut tightly, and held your breath.
You thought everything was over until you felt an arm around your waist, pulling you to the surface.
You were a bit unconscious, but you can see a man, saving your life. You felt an arm around your waist pulling you to the surface of the river. Then the hand moved up to your jawline to keep you from sinking.
When the two of you were on land, he gave you a mouth to mouth CPR, making you spit out the river water.
 
"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" Hoya yelled.
You just sat there with teary eyes, listening to him yell at you.
Hoya saw your sad face and immediately apologized. "I'm sorry. Was I too mean? I just wanted you to be safe."
You threw your arms around Hoya and cried your eyes out.
Hoya did not know what to do and just patted your back.
"Everything is going to be okay." He assured even though he had no clue what was happening.
 
 
You came out of Hoya's bathroom in his dry clothing.
"Ummm...thanks." You said.
Hoya gave you a dry towel. "Now, is it okay if you tell me why you did what you did?"
"OOOOOHHHH so hyung brought noona home huh?" Hosung yelled from Hoya's doorway.
"SHUT UP PUNK!" Hoya threw a pillow at his brother's face.
Hosung gave Hoya a mehrong. "Noona be careful, if this guy you I can be a witness. I don't mind making a statemnt against family."
"YAH! Get the hell out of my room!!" Hoya threw another pillow and slammed his door in front of his brother's face.
"Sorry about my of a brother, he can be very annoying." Hoya apologized.
You chuckled. "I like him."
Hoya almost choked on his own spit.
*At least she's smiling now.*
 
When Hoya sat down, you spilled the beans and told him the story.
You told him everything. He listened.
You kept spilling your feeling to him and crying until you grew so tired, you fell asleep.
Hoya placed the blanket on top of you and kissed the top of your forehead.
*Nam Woohyun, even though we're good friends, how can you do this to her? I'm going to have a good chat with you tomorrow.* Hoya set up his bed on the floor and went to sleep.
 
You woke up at the crack of dawn. Instead of waking Hoya up, you tip toed out of his house to get ready for school in the morning.
You ran home, quickly did your morning routine and texted Hoya in case he started to worry about you.
When you looked into the mirror, you saw how red and puffy your eyes were.
*This is your doing Nam Woohyun. I dread seeing you.* You wiped out your phone and called L.joe and the Teen Top boys, but no one answered their phone calls.
*Where are they? They have been missing for over 24 hours. I hope L.joe is at school.*
 
When you arrived at school, you were greeted with a smiling Woohyun holding something behind his back.
"Jagiya." Woohyun cooed, but you gave him a glare and walked right passed him.
Woohyun frowned at how you completely ignored his prescence. *I shall not be ignored. Is she playing her little games again? Well, I shall win this one.* He smirked.
Woohyun grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the center of the school. Students were busy with their own things until Woohyun laced his fingers with yours and screamed, "I'M DATING KIM JINAH AGAIN!!!"
Your eyes almost fell out of it's sockets. *What the hell Nam Woohyun?? What kind of games are you playing now??*
You released Woohyun's grip on you and was about to stomp on his foot, but he pulled you closer and met with your lips.
You fought and slapped him across the cheek.
Students went 'OOOHHH' and 'BURRNN'. Woohyun himself was confused as to why you slapped him.
You gave Woohyun a hateful glare and ran away.
"JINNIE!" Woohyun called your name and ran after you.
 
You felt someone pull you arm and fell backwards.
Woohyun caught you just in time before you fell.
"Let go." You pushed Woohyun away.
"No. Not until you tell me why you did what you did back there." Woohyun said with a stern look on his face.
Your eyes start to develope tears.
Woohyun's expression softened. He reached out to wipe the tears sliding down your cheek, but someone punched him, making him fall backwards.
"H-Hoya."
"Are you okay?" Hoya placed both his hands on your shoulders and gave you a concerned look.
"YAH! WHAT THE HELL! WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TOUCH MY GIRL??" Woohyun got up and was about to retailate, but you stepped in front of Hoya with your hands out.
"Jinnie...." Woohyun felt betrayed. "A-are you protecting this bastard that just punched your boyfriend?"
"This bastard is your friend. And yes I'm protecting him from your punches. If you want to hit him, you have to go through me first."
Woohyun's heart broke into two when he heard those words. *Could Lee Sanghye's bull be true?*
"Jinnie, tell me one thing. Do you like him?"
"Yes." You answered. Both Hoya and Woohyun looked at you in surprise.
"So this whole time, you were playing with me?" Woohyun mumbled.
"Touche. Guess we're even now. Even though you played with me twice I only returned the favor by taking revenge on you once. We're officially done, Nam Woohyun." You scoffed and walked away to class.
"Twice? What does she mean?" Woohyun fell on his knees in confusion and sadness. He could not believe it was the second time he faced real heartbreak.
"You cheated on her again. Woohyun, usually I would call you hyung, but not today. She almost committed suicide yesterday. Are you happy now?" Hoya spat and walked away, leaving Woohyun filled with mixed emotions.