Chapter 12: Farewell

Near To You - Nu'est

Erica was in her room, putting the books away, Aron was inspecting his arm after their short fight. Her nails had made a few scratches, but it was nothing he couldn't take. He pushed a spot near his shoulder and flinched. That would be a bruise tomorrow...

"What are we having for lunch?" Baekho asked. Ren shrugged, but Minhyun was already excited to give his idea.

"Dak Galbi!" He pleaded. The others didn't really have any idea, so they just agreed. Aron would prepare it, as he was the bes cook.

"Aron?" Erica stood in the doorway, holding her phone as if it was something nasty. It probably was; with all the texts Jake had left her. Only after a few seconds, they realized it was buzzing.

"He's calling again."

"Answer it. Let him rant. Eplain him you're not coming back, don't tell him where you are. If he starts scolding you after that, just hang up. Don't worry, we're here." She looked at her phone. Then she shook her head, took her pack of cigarettes, which she had left on the counter, and went to the balcony. Aron was very worried about her. She was not ready for this, but he would keep on calling her. He would be chasing her dreams and spook her mind every day if she did not finish this right now.

"Aron hyung?" Aron looked at Minhyun.

"Don't worry. She is our friend too. We will help her, and you." Aron was glad he had his friends. But he was wondering if it would be enough to help Erica get rid of this nasty time.

 

She lit up her cigarette while she waited for him to call again. She didn't have to wait long. She let her phone ring twice before she answered it.

"He-"

"Where the are you?"

"Jake, I-"

"Why was your phone turned off? Why the hell did you leave me? You ing , you can't just walk out on me!" There was a silence, she took a deep breath.

"You're a scumbag, Jake. I desere better, I finally realised that after all these years. I'm not coming back. Not ever." 

"You ing-" That's all she heard before she ended the call; It felt good to have said those things. But now it was all so... definitive. She held her hand to , and suddenly she felt like she couldn't breathe. She started shaking, and right before she thought she'd be hitting the ground, he wrapped his arms around her as if he'd never let her go. She sobbed, cried, nearly fainted because of the heart ache. She just put an end to everything she ever had the past few years. Hr home, her boyfriend, the future she thought they'd have. She put it all to waste. 

"It's gonna be okay. I'm here. And I won't let go, noona." Aron whispered.