Chapter 1: I Need You

Near To You - Nu'est

She couldn't believe what he just said. Moving in with him? That was impossible.

"Aron, i can't do that. I don't speak Korean. And you live together with your friends, your management will never allow me to live with you. And besides, I thought it was strictly not done for a boy and a girl to live together if they are not married or something like that?" She could hear his hesitation, and she knew that he had forgotten about those common rules for a little moment.

"And if they agree? I can ask them, would you come here if they are okay with it?" He asked. She sighed. Could she really do that? She really liked LA, and she really liked the people and the habits. Could she leave all of that behind, even if it was just for a little while? Then her mind wandered off to an hour ago, when she found Jake in their bed with a girl she had never seen before, doing things they shouldn't do. She remembered how he had grinned and asked her to join them. How he called her prude when she refused, and how it was all her fault that this happened and how she couldn't leave him anyway, because he was paying for everything. It wouldn't be very hard hard to leave that behind.

"If they agree," She muttered. It would feel so much better having her best friend around. Instead of just calling, she could also hug him, ask him to stay with her all night, see his face directly. It would be better.

"Just give me a few minutes." She heard him rushing through his house, and only seconds later she could hear him talk to other people. She thought it was so weird when he spoke Korean. It didn't sound like him at all. But it was intriguing, and she loved listening to the weird sounds. She knew a few words, but this conversation was going to fast to even notice where one sentence ended and another began. She heard other voices, and she was wondering whose it was. Sure, she had googled Nu'est, and she had heard a song or two, but that was with the main focus on Aron. She probably couldn't even make the difference between his friends.

There was some more stumbling and the other voices faded, and Aron sounded very happy when he started talking to her.

"Noona? They are okay with it."

"They are?"

"Yeah, they are. I told them you're a friend who needs some time to think, and they didn't see the harm in having a guest over. I'm looking at the flights, and there is one tomorrow morning at seven. Since it's already three AM right now, you could go straight home, pack your bags and leave. I'm already booking, I'll text you the code. Your visum is still okay, right?"

"Yeah, from the last time I went to Japan with Jake." Her voice cracked when she mentioned his name, but she took a deep breath and got up from the bench.

"Thanks, Aron."

"It's okay, noona. I"ll see you at the airport. You okay?"

"I am now. I'll go pack my bags."

"Call me if something's wrong."

"I will."