The Holiday, Part 1

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

On a private jet that had left South Korea very early in the morning, that was currently some where over China, two girls were snoring loudly.

Ga Eul and Jan Di had boarded the plane, and had sat opposite each other in a group of four seats, and then fallen asleep almost instantly. They had made the mistake of trying to catch up with their current favourite drama, and had stayed up nearly all night watching it. They had both proudly said the motto "sleep is for the weak" several times during that night, but unfortunately this had caught up with them.

Jae Kyung was also not really a morning person, although she had been given so much coffee, she was rather awake, and being rather annoying. She had been talking for Ji Hoo for the past hour, having not realise, he had fallen asleep under his sunglasses.

Yi Jung was drawing out plans for this new collection, and Jun Pyo was grumbling about why he had planned the plane to take off so early.

Woo Bin was dancing along to a song in his seat.

Jan Di and Ga Eul finally had to be woken up, as they arrived in Greece. From Greece they took a much smaller sea plane to the island Jun Pyo's family owned. It was a big island, with a small very exclusive resort on it. They arrived, and they all quickly went back to their own mini houses on the beach to unpack. Once they where done, they then regrouped on the beach, and where welcomed by a picnic Jun Pyo had organised.

'Do you like it?' He asked Jan Di. She smiled and nodded, looking more towards the food. 'Aish just dig in, I know what you're thinking.' He playfully shoved her away. She fell on to the picnic blanket and glared.

'Can you believe those two are getting married next month?' Woo Bin whispered loudly. Yi Jung and Ji Hoo chuckled.

'They're really cute together!' Ga Eul defended her best friend.

'Cute? Rascal.' Jun Pyo said. Ga Eul laughed. She sat down carefully next to her friend and started too. There was a massive spread of food, so soon every one followed the girl's example and was eating quickly. Jae Kyung, however, had just burned through the last of her caffeine buzz, and had curled up in a ball in the small rubber boat they had brought with them. She was drooling unattractively in her sleep.

'I'll be back.' Woo Bin said, running back to his house. A few seconds later, and before anyone could pass comment he was back, and carrying a big parasol. He opened it and stuck it in the sand next to Jae Kyung. He then sat back down. Every one was looking at him questioningly. 'She would of freaked out at us all if she woke up with sunburn.' He said.

'Good thinking, man.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di and Ga Eul nodded. Even they, her close friends knew what a stupid thing it was to upset her.

'So what's the plan for the rest of the day?' Ga Eul asked. Jun Pyo quickly finished chewing his mouthful.

'We're going in to the centre of the island. There's a small tourist bit.' He said. Ga Eul nodded happily and went on chewing her food.

Once Jae Kyung woke up they all piled in to a big convertible land rover. It had a drivers seat, and the passengers seat, and then two sets of four seats that faced each other in the back, so they all fit comfortably. Jun Pyo got in to the driver's seat, and demanded Jan Di sat in the passenger's seat, which left every one else to get in the back. When they arrived in the town they happily went from shop to shop messing about and buying souvenirs. Then Jan Di and Ga Eul suddenly stopped. They saw a sign for a fortune teller.

'Ga Eul. Do you remember the one in New Caledonia?' Jan Di asked grabbing her friend's arm. Ga Eul's eyes turned big. She nodded.

'That woman was completely right about you... maybe this one will have something to say too.' She said.

Jan Di turned around quickly to the rest of their group.

'Why don't you all go in to that cafe over there, we're just going to see this fortune teller.' She told them.

'Yah, it's all stupid.' Jun Pyo told them.

'No, the lady last time was completely right about you and Jan Di!' Ga Eul protested.

'The lady last time?' Yi Jung asked.

'Just please wait.' Jan Di protested. The guys finally nodded after a long while, and started to move towards the café.

'I'm going too!' Jae Kyung said.

'No!' Jan Di and Ga Eul said at the same time. Jae Kyung looked disappointed.

'Why not?' She asked.

'You just can't.' Said Ga Eul.

'Sorry Unnie.' Jan Di added. Jae Kyung pouted, but ran after the guys in to the café anyway. Jan Di and Ga Eul grabbed on to each other, and slowly walked in to the fortune teller's. They went up a flight of stairs in to a dimly light room.

'I was expecting you to return.' A lady said. They both jumped. It was the same lady from New Caledonia. 'Sit down.' She told them. They grabbed on to each other's arms and sat down shakily.

'You want to know about your futures?' She asked them.

'What do you see?' Ga Eul asked, her tone was shaky. Jan Di's nails sunk in to Ga Eul's arm. The woman closed her eyes and breathed in deeply.

'I see...children.' She said. Jan Di's eyes widened.

'Who's children?' She asked. 'Ga Eul's? M-mine?' She asked shakily.

'I can not tell... however there will be sadness, much sadness.' She said.

'What do you mean? Sadness?' Ga Eul asked. Before an answer could be heard, the room filled with smoke. Jan Di screamed, Ga Eul screamed. And as the smoke cleared the woman was gone.

'Jan Di-ah!' 'Ga Eul-ah' Some one yelled. Then, Yi Jung and Jun Pyo ran in followed closely by every one else.

'Are you okay?' They demanded.

The girls nodded shakily. 'It was just the woman... she just disappeared.' Ga Eul explained.

'Yah! I told you you shouldn't of gone to see her. She's just a desperate woman who does this for money. I bet there's a trap door in here somewhere.' Jun Pyo yelled at Jan Di.

When they had all calmed down, they left and spent the rest of the day happily, but when no one else was listening, Jan Di mumbled something to Ga Eul.

'We didn't pay her any money.'