The Holiday, Part 3

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

'Jan Di-ah.' Jun Pyo shook his fiancée. It was late in the night of the last night in the holiday. She crinkled her face up and opened her eyes.

'What are you doing here?' She asked yawning. She didn't bother asking him how he had gotten through the locked door, or why he thought it was all right to randomly enter a girl's room.

'Come for a walk with me.' He asked. She sat up sleepily in bed. She sighed, knowing he probably wasn't going to leave until she said yes.

'Just let me put on some normal clothes.' She said.

'There's not time. Lets go.' He said, he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the house in her pyjamas. She wasn't even wearing shoes, but it didn't really matter on the soft golden sand. He pulled her along the beach, until they reached a small picnic blanket.

'Lie down.' He told her. He did so himself, so she copied some what hesitantly. After a minute of them both just lying down Jan Di turned to Jun Pyo.

'What are we doing?' She asked.

'Just wait.' He said. Jan Di turned her head straight, and then she saw it. It was a meteor shower.

'Oh my. That's … beautiful.' She said staring in to the sky memorised.

'I told you once that you'd see incredible things with me every day. I'm trying to keep that promise.' He said. 'I love you.' He blurted out. Jan Di tore her eyes away from the beautiful meteor shower to see the even more beautiful sight, of a man who truly loved her. She smiled and brought up her hand to trace over his cheek.

'Me too.' She replied. Then, all of a sudden Jun Pyo's eyes widened, he jumped up. Jan Di frowned.

'What's wrong?' She asked with worried eyes.

'Yah! We're getting married in a month.' Jun Pyo shouted.

'People are sleeping.' She whispered back. 'I know we're getting married next month, what about it?'

'It just sunk in.' Jun Pyo whispered to her. Jan Di's eyes widened too.

'Oh god. We are getting married next month. Forever. I haven't even graduated university yet.' She murmured to herself.

'After such a long chase, we're getting married.' Jun Pyo said to himself. He started pacing. 'What if I mess it up in the next month?'

'Stop pacing.' Jan Di told him. He didn't. She felt like pacing too, but didn't think that would help the situation. 'Yah! Stop pacing.' She said again. He didn't stop. Then she smiled to herself a little. She looked down at her feet and then back to her soon-to-be-husband. 'You need to catch me or we can't get married.' She said, and then she started running. It took Jun Pyo's brain a second to catch up with what was happening. Then he started running after her. They both laughed, and as Jan Di ran, she felt her worries being buried in the sand. Although Jan Di was a fast runner, Jun Pyo was much taller and quickly caught up with her. His arms grabbed her and turned her around. She hugged him tightly. Marriage was a scary idea for both of them, it scared them greatly, but the thought of not being together, and not getting married, was much worse.

While happy times where happening for one couple, bad ones rang in for another two people, who weren't a couple at all.

'I just can't see why we just can't date!' Woo Bin shouted at Jae Kyung. They had driven to the middle of no where on the island for not other reason but this one.

'We just can't, you knew that from the start.' She yelled back.

'Kyung-ah...' Woo Bin trailed off. He just didn't know what to say. 'Fine.' He gave up. He looked crushed inside. 'Forget this...we'll go back to … friends with benefits.'

'Great.' Jae Kyung shouted. She got back in the car so she could be driven back to the resort for some...fun. Although little did she acknowledge, that fun was slowly splitting Woo Bin in half.

Early the next morning, after breakfast but before the plane was due to leave, Yi Jung and Ga Eul found themselves on a walk. Where to, you may ask. Well, they had found a small hill, and Ga Eul was determined they find out what was at the top. Yi Jung, was just being dragged along, happy to be in her company. She had a tight grip of his hand, and was walking in front at a fast pace.

'Jaygia, why is this hill so important?' Yi Jung panted, trying to keep up with her crazy pace.

'It's an adventure! Anyway don't you need inspiration for your new collection, there might be some at the top of this hill.' She insisted. She kept pulling him forwards.

'I love you, but you're crazy.' Yi Jung chuckled. Ga Eul froze. She let go of his hand and turned around.

'Excuse me?' She said with wide doe like eyes. Yi Jung frowned.

'What did I say?' He asked. He looked very confused.

Crickets chirped all around them, and broke the tension of the situation slightly.

'You just said you love me.' Ga Eul said. A blush crept up on her cheeks. Yi Jung started laughing.

'Yah, are you this surprised?' He asked. He stepped forward and ran a hand through her hair. She nodded slowly and then turned around and ran. She ran right out of Yi Jung's sight. He sighed. With Ga Eul his life was never going to be easy, but it was going to be so many other good things. He ran up the hill after her, but she wasn't anywhere in sight.

'Ga Eul-ah?' He shouted in a worried tone. Crazy thoughts quickly ran though his mind. What if she had been kidnapped, or what if she had fallen over the edge. He just didn't know what to do. 'Ga Eul-ah!' He yelled again.

'Rawr.' She yelled jumping out from behind a tree. She laughed. 'I love you too.' She said turning the prettiest shade of crimson, or so So Yi Jung thought. He stepped forwards and hugged her tightly.

'You're really stupid sometimes.' He told her. She didn't know how to respond, so, she didn't. She just stood there in his embrace.