Christmas Suprises

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

A few weeks after the honeymoon, and Christmas day drew close. This Christmas was set to be the best yet for just about every one, but for Jun Pyo especially who had never spent one with his family, or Jan Di for that matter. The only small problem was, for such an important Christmas eve, that Jan Di was studying for most of the day, and he himself was at work. As Jun Pyo got out his car and walked to the front door, something seemed off. He looked around suspiciously before stepping in to his house. He passed his briefcase and coat to one of the maids.

'Where's Jan Di?' He asked suspiciously.

'Miss is in the kitchen, Sir.' The maid said bowing. Jun Pyo nodded cautiously, and walked towards the kitchen. He stopped as he heard humming noises came from the kitchen, he carefully opened the door. Inside was his wife. She was wearing green Christmas pyjamas with candy canes on them, and a red apron. Her sleeves where rolled up, and she was surrounded by cooking. Cookies, cake and even a ginger bread house lined every counter. She was humming to herself too, and occasionally stopped humming to chant medical facts to herself. Jun Pyo stepped towards her as quietly as possible. When he reached her, he wrapped his arms around her, and placed his head on her shoulder. She smiled, knowing who it was.

'Did you have a good day at work?' Jan Di asked.

'I just did paper work, and then Jun Hee came to ask about Christmas dinner.'

'I know, she called me after she spoke to you. I don't think she trusts you.' Jan Di laughed. Jun Pyo kissed her cheek and then let go of her. She continued baking and he walked around the kitchen.

'Can I eat some?' He asked. She nodded.

'Just not to many, we need some for tomorrow.' She said. He took one and took a large bite out of it. He looked around at the very large quantity of food.

'Just exactly how many people are coming for Christmas dinner?' He said looking around suspiciously.

'Every one that matters is coming, that's the Christmas rule from now on. We'll invited every one who matters.' Jan Di replied. She mixed more batter.

'And who exactly is that this year?' Jun Pyo asked. Jan Di took a deep breath in.

'You, me, Ga Eul, Yi Jung, Ga Eul's parents, her sister, my brother, Yi Jung's family where invited but they're going to France, Yi Jung's only staying for Ga Eul, your parents, Jun Hee, Woo Bin, his family where invited but are in Dubai, Ji Hoo, his grandfather and... actually that's it for this year.' Jan Di finished off.

'At least we have cooks to make all this food.' Jun Pyo said. He took another biscuit and took a bite. Jan Di shook her head.

'I'm making it all, I've given them the day off. The point of Christmas food is that it's made with love.' She said.

'Do you know you're really crazy.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di turned away from her cooking for a moment.

'I'm married to you.' She responded. Jun Pyo wrinkled his nose. 'Get your Christmas pyjamas on.' She told him.

'I don't have any.' He said through a mouthful of food.

'I got you some.' She said. 'They're in our room.'

Jun Pyo chuckled. 'Okay, I'll be back. Don't run off.' He said. He walked up to their bedroom, and true to her word, on the bed where pyjamas. His where red, with white snow men on them. He quickly put them on, and then walked back down stairs. He stood in the door way of the kitchen, with his hands on his hips. He rolled his head slightly. Jan Di turned and laughed.

'That's what you did that night you slept at my house.' She laughed.

'Don't laugh!' He told her. He walked over to her and stood next to her. She stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. She then passed him the spoon out of her baking bowl.

'Have I told you I love you?' Jun Pyo asked, the spoon. Jan Di laughed.

Although many people where in good holiday spirits, Woo Bin, across the other end of Seoul, was not. He sat in his apartment alone, like he had for every night since she'd left. He poured himself a glass of vodka, and when it was gone, he replaced it. Intoxication was the only way he could get rid of the pain. Jae Kyung had not been in contact with him, but he had heard small bits through Jan Di and Ga Eul. She had met her old fiancée, Tommy, again, things where going well. He wanted her to be happy, he did, but he wanted her to be happy with him.

'Just tell me what you got me for Christmas.' Ga Eul begged Yi Jung. Their house had been totally over decorated for Christmas by Ga Eul. She pouted and pulled puppy dog eyes, but he shook his head.

'Jaygia. Don't be so inpatient.' He told her. She pouted again.

'Fine, well I wont tell you what I got you.' She said. Yi Jung laughed.

'But I don't want to know, I like surprises.' He said. Ga Eul's eyes twinkled with mischief.

'In that case, I will tell you.' She said, raising one of her eyebrows. Yi Jung chuckled. He sighed too.

'Okay. You win. Close your eyes, and I'll go get it.' He smiled. Ga Eul's face light up.

'Really?' She grinned. Yi Jung nodded. She closed her eyes tightly. Through her closed eyes she could still see the flickering of the Christmas lights in the otherwise dimmly light workshop. With her eyes closed her other senses took over, the smell of clay was more apparent, and she liked it. Yi Jung's foot steps died away, and she sat calmly and waited. His foot steps returned.

'Can I open my eyes?' She asked.

'Wait, Jaygia.' He told her. She pouted but kept her eyes closed tightly. There was a long pause. She could hear Yi Jung breathing, he was breathing pretty fast.

'Oppa, are you okay?' She asked.

'Jaygia, just open your eyes.' He told her. She opened her eyes, and looked straight ahead of her, There was nothing there. Then. She looked down slightly. Yi Jung was on the floor, kneeling. In his hand, was a ring box. She gasped, and nearly fell backwards off her chair.

'Oppa...' She gasped. Yi Jung bit his lip.

'Jaygia... Ga Eul-ah.' He chuckled. 'My soul mate. Will you marry me?' He said. Ga Eul's head was spinning, her heart was racing a thousand miles an hour. She felt dizzy.

'Please don't make me wait hours like Jan Di and Jun Pyo.' He said jokinly but he bit his lip in nervousness.

'Yes.' Ga Eul said quickly, before her brain could even respond, her heart said it. Yi Jung's face light up.

'You can't take it back.' He warned her, standing up.

'Yes!' She yelled again, she sprung at him and he caught her in his arms. They hugged tightly, and they they both pulled back slightly. Keeping one arm on each other, Yi Jung placed the ring on Ga Eul's finger. It was a big diamond surrounded by pieces of yellow topaz. She squealed, and leaned forwards quickly, and kiss him passionately. He kissed back equally as enthusiastically. He lifted her up, and kept kissing. When they both pulled back for air, she kissed him on the cheek. He kissed her on the cheek. He returned her feet to the ground, and they kissed again. Then, she took a step backwards. She grabbed his hand, and lead him upstairs.

The next morning, and Ga Eul was peacefully sleeping, her head on Yi Jung's chest. Last night had been the best night of her life. She yawned, and awoke slowly. She could clearly hear his heartbeat. She smiled, and kept her head where it was.

'Jaygia, stop moving.' Yi Jung told her. She looked up. His eyes where closed tightly. She rolled over so she was lying on her front. She poked his jaw.

'Don't pretend to be asleep.' She told him he chuckled. His eyes opened.

'I wasn't pretending anything.' He said laughing. He sat up and looked at her. He grinned. 'You're hair's really cute when it's this messy.' He told her. She moved her hands and tried to pull them up to her head, but she was stopped, as Yi Jung's hands stopped hers. He leaned forwards and kissed her forhead. 'Merry Christmas.' He said. Ga Eul's face light up even more.

'I totally forgot about that!' She yelled. She jumped out of bed, and quickly found her own underwear which she put back on. She then grabbed Yi Jung's shirt and put that on too. She then ran out the room, leaving Yi Jung behind to laugh softly at the crazy woman. He leant under his bed, and pulled out several presents, which he then placed on top of the bed. He got out of it briefly, just putting on a pair of pyjama shorts, and he then went back to sit on top of it, and wait for her.

She ran back in a few minutes later, carrying two boxes with her. She was smiling, then she noticed the presents on the bed.

'Oppa, you got me this expensive ring, you didn't have to get me anything else.' Ga Eul said. Yi Jung shrugged.

'Well if you think about it the ring's a gift to me too, because it's saying you promise to marry me, and that means I'm getting a wife.' Yi Jung said. Then Ga Eul's eyes widened as she remembered something.

'You'll also get Ji Hoo's mountain house, because you've beaten his bet.' She said. Yi Jung started laughing.

'I honestly forgot about that.' He said. He held out his arms and Ga Eul came to sit on the bed next to him. His arm went around her waist.

'Okay, so I didn't know what to get the man who literally everything so I just had to kinda guess.' Ga Eul started. Yi Jung smiled.

'What did you get me?' He asked.

'First open this one.' She handed him the bigger of two parcels. He took it and carefully opened the paper. Inside was a beautiful scarf, it was a wine colour and made of soft cashmere. Yi Jung picked it up carefully.

'Jaygia, this looks really expensive.' Yi Jung said.

'It was, but I make good money, and what use is money if it's not spent on people you love?' She said. Yi Jung smiled.

'I love it. I can't believe you got this wise.' He smiled and ran his fingers across the soft fabric. He leaned forwards and picked up a box. It had been wrapped beautifully in lilac wrapping paper, and there was a bow on top. He passed it to Ga Eul who smiled like she had won the lottery. She was not as patient as Yi Jung when it came to unwrapping, and she quickly tore the paper off. Inside there was another box which she opened. In the box lay a red velvet dress. She picked it up and looked at it like it was made of pure gold. It was a skater style dress, with three quarter length sleeves.

'Now, this looks really really expensive.' She said holding it up. It was a very expensive brand. Yi Jung chuckled.

'Now what was it you just said about spending money on those you love?' He laughed. She smiled in return.

'I love it a lot.' She said kissing him on the cheek. She picked up her last box and gave it to him. It was very small, and he opened it slowly like he had done before. Inside was a small gold men's ring. It was the type made to be worn on a pinky finger.

'This present comes with a story.' Said Ga Eul. 'My grandfather gave me this before he died a couple years ago, we where very close. This was given to him by my grandmother who died before he did. She gave it to him just before he left to go home in a very small costal town to look after his sick mother. So he wouldn't forget her. She engraved her first name on the inside, but since I'm named after her, my granddad gave it to me, to give to you, some one I told him I didn't want to forget. I was going to send it to you in Switzerland, but I couldn't part from it, but now I'm ready.' She said. A small tear leaked from the corner of her eye, which Yi Jung wiped away. He put the ring carefully on his pinky finger and kissed her softly on the lips.

'I really love you, Cha Ga Eul.' He said, she smiled widely, and rested her head on his chest.

Meanwhile at the Gu mansion, Jan Di was well awake, when Jun Pyo was not. She was creeping around, stacking the presents she had brought on their bed. Jun Pyo stirred in bed, his arms went over the part that normally contained Jan Di. Upon realising she was not there, he quickly sat up and looked around. She smiled at him from the end of the bed.

'Merry Christmas!' She smiled widely. He smiled back.

'Merry Christmas.' He replied. She climbed back under the warm covers, and kissed him on the cheek quickly. She then passed him the first box. He smiled and opened it quickly, tearing the paper that fell in all directions. Inside the box was a light grey beanie hat.

'I made it myself.' Jan Di told him, slightly embarrassedly. He grinned and put it straight on. She passed him another box, which he opened quickly. It was chocolates shaped like his face. He grinned again. She passed him another box, with his main present in. He opened it just as enthusiastically as he opened the other gifts. Inside was one of those projectors that projects the stars on to the ceiling inside.

'Geum Jan Di, I really love it.' He smiled. He pulled her in for a tight hug. She laughed and pulled back.

'Is your first good Christmas going well so far?' She asked. He nodded happily. He then stood up and got out of bed.

'Wait here, don't move.' He left the room. She waited in the bed, he came back quickly with a stack of boxes. Jan Di smiled. He grinned widely.

She opened the first parcel. It was the biggest parcel out of the stack she had been passed. It was a cape style cloak, like one she had seen many weeks ago in a shop window while shopping with Ga Eul.

'How did you...' She trailed off. Jun Pyo smiled.

'Impressive, right? I called Ga Eul to come and help me get something for you, and she said you'd been looking at this.' He said smugly. Jan Di laughed.

'You did well.' She praised him like he was a small child. He grinned wider, and passed her another parcel. Inside this one was a very expensive book about medicine that she had been wanting for a long time.

'Did Ga Eul tell you about this as well?' Jan Di asked. Jun Pyo shook his head.

'No, it was on your internet history.' He said.

'You went on my laptop?' She asked. He nodded and she rolled her eyes. He then passed her the last present. Inside was a pretty star shaped bracelet, it matched her necklace. She held out her hand, and Jun Pyo helped her put it on.

'Thank you, for this, and everything.' She said. Jun Pyo smiled back at her.

A little while later at the Gu Mansion, and every one was slowly turning up for Christmas dinner. The first person to turn up was Woo Bin, who they hadn't seen in a while. He had been withdrawn from the group and depressed since Jae Kyung had left, of course no one else knew this was the reason, and he had been trying hard to hide what was happening from every one else. He had gone to pick up Jan Di's family on his way, which she thanked him for quickly. Every one else turned up in a very small space of time, Jan Di was having a hard time greeting them all. Finally she made it to her best friend.

'Ga Eul-ah, I like your dress.' She told her friend. Ga Eul smiled, her cheeks tinted pink.

'Thanks. Yi Jung-Oppa got it for me.' She smiled. She brushed her hair out of her face like she did when she was nervous, however she was forgetting, what she had on her hand. Jan Di's eyes widened as she saw it. She grabbed her friend's hand and brought it towards her.

'Ga Eul-ah...is this?' She asked. Ga Eul's cheeks tinged pink again. She nodded. Jan Di's mouth dropped open.

'Jan Di-ah, what are you doing?' Jun Pyo asked walking up to her. He then noticed Ga Eul's ring too.

'Yah, Yi Jung, you rascal. You didn't even tell us!' He called over Yi Jung who had been talking to Ga Eul's parents. They followed him over. Woo Bin and Ji Hoo came over too.

'Actually he told us.' Woo Bin said. His tone was still sad, but he faked a smile away.

'Yeah, he did.' Ji Hoo said. 'Congratulations by the way.' He added smiling.

'He came to ask our permission last week, we blessed the wedding.' Ga Eul's father said happily. He mother nodded happily at his side. Ga Eul turned red, Yi Jung put his arm around her waist.

'Appa.' She mumbled embarrassedly.

'Why was I the only one not to know?' Jun Pyo asked. Jan Di elbowed him for being rude.

'Why do you think?' Yi Jung laughed. 'Because you tell everything to Jan Di who tells every thing to Ga Eul.'

Jun Pyo ignored this response.

'Where's Ga Eun-ah?' Ga Eul said changing the subject. Ga Eun was Ga Eul's sister who was going to be turning nineteen soon.

'Ga Eun-ah?' Jan Di said looking around. The only other people in the room where her parents who where talking with Jun Pyo's.

'I don't know.' Jan Di said looking around. 'I can't find Kang San either.'

'Kang San's in the garage.' Jun Pyo said. Every one looked at him.

'Why?' Jan Di asked.

'Because I finally had time to buy him that car I owe him, and it's in the garage now.'

'You brought my brother a car?' Jan Di shouted.

'I told you I was going to.' Jun Pyo retorted. Jan Di rolled her eyes.

'Oh, I wanted to say hello to him. I think I'll go down and say hi.' Ga Eul said.

'I'll go with you. I want to see this car.' Jan Di said.

'Why don't we all go?' Yi Jung suggested. 'I want to see this car too.'

His suggestion was taken, and every one found themselves on the way to the garage. The door was open so they all just walked in. Ga Eul screamed, then Jan Di yelled. Ga Eun and Kang San, where kissing passionately on the car bonnet. It was a nice, very expensive looking green sports car, but wasn't so nice with the two teens kissing on top of it.

'Kang San!' Jan Di yelled, marching over to him.

'Ga Eun!' Yelled Ga Eul, storming over to her. Ga Eul's parents just stayed still, not quiet knowing what to do. They where quiet faint hearted, leaving Ga Eul to deal with it. Jan Di's parents on the other hand seemed to be very please about the fact it was a nice girl like Ga Eun. The F4 where laughing wildly, and Jun Pyo's parents where trying to hide their laughter, as was Jun Hee.

'What do you two think you where doing?' The two older sisters shouted in unison.

'Noona-'

'Unnie-' The two younger siblings started. Both of the older sisters screamed, and then stormed out, leaving their younger siblings scared, and every one else laughing.

When they had calmed down, every one headed back upstairs. Ga Eul and Jan Di, where both pretending to be very annoyed, although they had had a plan to get their siblings together so they could be in laws for a very long time indeed. Before Christmas dinner every one sat in front of the tree, exchanging gifts. Most gifts where typical ones, but then, Ga Eul and Jan Di brought out their presents for the F4.

'Now we saw these on the market, and we just had to get them for you.' Ga Eul started.

'We think you'll love them.' Jan Di finished, laughing. They handed them all a box each, which they opened quickly. Jun Pyo's quickly unwrapping meant his was opened first. He held up the cropped t-shirt that was inside the box. On the from it say I heart Gu Jun Pyo. Yi Jung's said the same, but with his name instead, and the same for the other two. The girl's wept with laughter, and even more so when the four guys decided to layer these t-shirts on top of their clothes they where already wearing.