Stress

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

A few months after the news of Jan Di's pregnancy, and every one was working crazily hard. Yi Jung's newest exhibition was coming up, and was taking place shortly after his wedding to Ga Eul. He had been modelling and painting this vases until the late hours of the night, according to Ga Eul. She herself had been working hard as normal, and planning a wedding on top of that, she had been trying to do most of it herself so Yi Jung had more time for his exhibition.

Woo Bin had been doing very little at work, his was still moping about Jae Kyung.

Ji Hoo was not only trying to re-open his grandfather's clinics, but set up several more free clinics all over Seoul, to be run with some of the world's best doctors.

Jun Pyo had been working harder than even at Shinhwa, with the thought running in his mind that every penny he earned was a penny for his child, and the children of all the fathers and mothers working under him. As for his pregnant wife, well the morning sickness had passed which she was grateful for. Her bodyguard was a very nice woman, although Jan Di wasn't massively enthusiastic about being followed by a bodyguard. As for the doctor Jun Pyo had also hired, well she had helped massively with revising. Jan Di was actually feeling good about her exam, which she was taking today. She had decided to re-take it early, as she wanted to be a doctor before she had the baby. With Jun Pyo unable to escape from work, it was Ji Hoo who came to cheer her on before her exam.

'You'll be fine.' He told he. They stood outside Shinhwa school. Jan Di smiled nervously. She nodded, and turned to walk in. Her bodyguard turned wit her.

'Jan Di-ah! Wait!' Ga Eul shouted, she ran through the gates of Shinhwa, and hugged Jan Di tightly. 'Good Luck.' She said. Jan Di hugged her friend back.

'Thank you.' She said. Yi Jung appeared through the gates.

'Jan Di-ah good luck.' He smiled. Jan Di nodded.

'I have to go in now.' Jan Di said.

'Fighting!' Ga Eul called after her. Jan Di smiled nervously and walked in. 'I really hope she passes this time.' Ga Eul said when her friend was out of sight.

'So do I.' Said Ji Hoo.

'I'm sure she will.' Yi Jung said confidently. Ga Eul nodded. Ji Hoo looked at the nice clothes Ga Eul and Yi Jung where both wearing.

'Oh. Are you two going some where?' He asked. They nodded.

'To taste food for the wedding, you should come!' Ga Eul said. Ji Hoo chuckled at her overly enthusiastic attitude towards the wedding.

'I wouldn't want to intrude.' He said softly.

'No seriously, come.' Yi Jung said. 'We need to catch up, and I'm putting money on the fact she's going to fall asleep at some point. She was up all night wedding planning.' He chuckled. Ji Hoo nodded.

'Okay, I'll come. I'll follow you in my car.' He said. The couple smiled back at him, and went back to the orange sports car. They drove off towards the hotel, with Ji Hoo following them in his own car. It really was almost no time at all before the three people arrived at the hotel and climbed out their own cars, meeting in the car park. They where all greeted at entrance, and walked in to restaurant area of the hotel which was completely empty, despite the fact it was lunch time. They where guided to a table where the restaurant chef joined them.

'Mr Yi Jung.' He bowed. 'Your fiancée is very beautiful I may add.' He pulled Ga Eul's hand up to his mouth. Her cheeks tinged pink. Yi Jung and Ji Hoo chuckled.

'Thank you, I agree.' Yi Jung said smoothly. Ji Hoo laughed again, it was all very amusing. The chef motioned for them to sit down, so they did. The chef turned back to his staff, and clapped twice. They brought out many plates of food quickly. Ga Eul yawned with out meaning to. She was feeling sleepy.

'Please trial these. I can make any and all of these for the wedding, or if you want to request anything else, I can do that too.' The chef said. Ga Eul nodded with wide eyes, she wasn't used to this treatment. 'I'll leave you alone to make your judgements. I know Mr Yi Jung does not like being watched.' The chef said. He bowed a low bow again, and walked about five meters away, where he stood, trying to be seen looking at the table in a not to secret away.

'This all looks good.' Ji Hoo commented. Yi Jung nodded.

'It all looks really expensive and fancy.' Ga Eul said. Her eyes took in carefully each tiny detail of the food.

'Because it is expensive and fancy.' Yi Jung chuckled. He handed her a plate of food to try, and then passed his friend one too, before getting one for himself.

Ji Hoo took a fork and took a tiny piece of the meat on his plate, and slipped it in to his mouth.

'This is good, but could be better. It's made with a mint sauce, but a lemon one would be better.' He said.

'How can you even tell that by just eating it? Seriously, it's all just food.' Ga Eul said looking around desperately. She took an angry bite of the cake she was meant to be trying. 'See it just tastes like vanilla, what else am I meant to say?' She ran her fingers through her hair anxiously.

Yi Jung patted her on the back. 'Breathe.' He said calmly. She didn't get enough sleep he mouthed to Ji Hoo in explication. Ji Hoo grinned.

'Here, just taste this and see if it's spicy enough for you.' He passed her a small bowl of a soup filled with exotic spices. 'I think we should get your old boss, the porridge master to cook too. That's where we first met. In that porridge shop.' Yi Jung said. Ga Eul pressed her lips together, and took a spoon of soup to her lips.

'I shouldn't of made that bet with you those years ago. I owe you that house now.' Ji Hoo laughed. Yi Jung did too. Ga Eul swallowed the soup quickly. She pulled a face.

'Is the soup bad?' Ji Hoo asked seeing her expression. Yi Jung took the bowl from her. He ate a spoonful.

'It's good.' He said, looking back to Ga Eul. Her head dropped forwards. Yi Jung jumped slightly. He lowered his eyes to take a look at her. Suddenly she started snoring.

'I told you she didn't get enough sleep.' Yi Jung chuckled. He took of his jacket and folded it. Carefully he lifted her head, and slid it under her like a pillow. 'And this is why you where invited. Lets try all this food.'

Ji Hoo laughed, and nodded. He couldn't help think, how much things had changed for that ex-cassanova.