Coffee

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Woo Bin woke up with the sound of a loud baby, and for a long moment he thought he'd fallen asleep at the Goo house again. But then he remember. He had a child now, and in that weird twist of fate, it was a child with a woman who he loved, but had been trying not to. He sat up. He had slept on the floor in his own room. Why he hadn't slept in a guest room escaped him. On his big bed lay Jae Kyung, and the baby. Min Ki. Song Min Ki. She stirred quickly from her sleep from where she was curled on her side. She had slept on top over the covers, some what like a cat. She reached over to where Min Ki was surrounded by cushions so he couldn't roll off the bed. Woo Bin stood up awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Jae Kyung soothed the crying infant easily. She picked him up and patted him on the back.

'You slept in your clothes from yesterday.' Woo Bin said quietly. Jae Kyung's eyes fluttered to his. They made awkward eye contact.

'I left all of my clothes in America so I'd have more room for his things.' She said quietly.

'Lets go buy you some clothes later.' Woo Bin said. Jae Kyung frowned.

'Do you think I want your money? I don't want you to pay for anything' She said firmly.

'You took all that baby stuff from the F4 and the girls.' Woo Bin replied. He didn't want to fight, but she was being stupid.

'I excepted gifts from friends for the well being of my child. He doesn't have any winter clothes.' Jae Kyung replied stonily.

'Our child. Not just yours.' Woo Bin said. Jae Kyung looked at him for a long moment, then her stomach rumbled. Woo Bin chuckled quietly to himself.

'Lets go eat something.' Woo Bin walked towards the door. Jae Kyung nodded. She picked up Min Ki and walked over to him. Woo Bin held out his arms. Jae Kyung looked confused.

'I want to hold him.' Woo Bin said. Jae Kyung very reluctantly passed Min Ki over. Woo Bin held him carefully. They got about half way down the corridor before Jae Kyung grabbed Woo Bin's arm, making him stop.

'Are the staff here?' She asked with wide eyes. Woo Bin laughed.

'No. I called them to tell them not to come in. Although I don't understand why you don't like them.' Woo Bin said, continuing to walk.

'It's just creepy. They're every where and you never know when you're alone.' Jae Kyung said glancing around. Woo Bin laughed a little. He lifted her hand to Jae Kyung's head and messed her hair up affectionately. Jae Kyung hissed slightly, and her hands smoothed her hair back down quickly. She tutted. This made Woo Bin laugh even more.

They got in to the kitchen, and Woo Bin grabbed a baby seat from off the floor. He put it on the table, and put Min Ki in it. It had been another one of the gifts from their friends. He then walked over to the cupboards and looked in them.

'What have you got?' Jae Kyung asked. Woo Bin looked around.

'It's not so much what I have and haven't got, but more so what I have got and can cook.' He looked behind him where Jae Kyung was standing. 'I don't suppose your cooking skills improved massively while you where away?'

Jae Kyung shook her head.

'No they didn't... but I can mix baby formula well.' She said. Woo Bin laughed.

'I guess we're having raymen then.' He said pulling some out of the cupboard. He threw it in to a pot quickly and turned it on. He faced the stove and stirred the pot. Suddenly arms went around his waist, and he could feel Jae Kyung's head resting on his back. He stopped what he was doing. Turning around he faced her. He hugged her tightly.

'Kyung-ah, what are we doing from here. Aside from Min Ki, what are we going to do about us?' He asked. Jae Kyung pulled her head back so she could look at his expression.

'Do you still feel the same way?' She asked.

Flash backs ran through both their minds of a night that they had both tried to forget.

"'Kyung-ah' He sighed. 'I love you and you know that.'"

Woo Bin sighed. 'I think so.' He paused. Jae Kyung felt her heart race. 'Do you feel the same way you did on that night?' He asked. Jae Kyung flashed back to her words from that night.

"I've told you a thousand times I don't love you back'"

'No. I don't feel like that any more. I didn't even really feel like that at the time.' Jae Kyung said. Woo Bin's mouth dropped open.

'What do you mean?' He asked quickly. Jae Kyung turned her head.

'The raymen's over cooking.' She said, turning to stove.

'Jae Kyung!' Woo Bin shouted in annoyance.

'Woo Bin!' Jae Kyung copied his tone. She walked away from him, and away from baby Min Ki who had fallen asleep in his baby seat. Across the open plan room she walked, until she reached the staircase that went up the side of it. She started walking up it.

'Where are you going?' Woo Bin yelled.

'To wash my face!' She yelled.

'In the middle of this conversation?' Woo Bin yelled back. Surprisingly the baby was still sleeping. Jae Kyung turned around from where she was stood, at the top of the stair case.

'I love you!' She yelled from the top of the stairs. Woo Bin laughed.

'That's the worst confession ever!' Woo Bin shouted in reply. He turned his back to the forgotten raymen that was completely over cooking and pouring over the sides of the pot.

'Are we shooting a drama? Why does it have to be good, as long as it's sincere.' Jae Kyung shouted down the stairs.

'I need to be wooed. Do something more romantic.' He called teasingly. The baby started crying. 'You woke him up!' Woo Bin laughed.

'Or you did!' Jae Kyung shouted in reply. She walked down the stairs and pulled out a bottle of milk out of her bag. She popped it in to Min Ki's mouth, and he went quiet. She then walked over to the counter. 'What's this?' She asked pointing to a cup next to the sink.

'Cold coffee I didn't drink yesterday.' Woo Bin replied. He turned off the over cooked raymen. 'I'm still waiting from something more romantic he laughed.' He was being jokey because he honestly hadn't gotten over the shock off what she had just said. Jae Kyung walked up to him, and poured yesterday's cold coffee over his head.

'What was that for?' Woo Bin asked wide eyed as cold coffee dripped down his face.

'You said you wanted something romantic, like from dramas. This is my version of the cola kiss from Lie To Me.' She smirked. Woo Bin scoffed.

'What?' He said laughing. Jae Kyung jumped forwards, bringing her hands to either side of his face. She kissed him eagerly, and he laughed through the kisses.