Geum And Gu's Crazy Familes

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

(Note, this chapter takes place just after "A soeulful time part 1")

Yi Jung and Ga Eul left the small Seoul apartment, leaving Jan Di and Jun Pyo behind. Jan Di was currently in her bedroom which she had securely locked. She desperately searched for something to wear. She caught a glispe of her hair in the mirror, it was horrific. She had never really been that fussed about anyone seeing her in any condition, but it was bugging her today.

'Jan Di-ah, hurry up.' Jun Pyo hammered on the door. He was inpatient, massively so. It had been hard parting from her last night. He hadn't slept much and had rushed over to her apartment as soon as he'd woken up.

'Just wait!' She yelled back. She quickly looked through her own mess of a wardrobe, and found nothing that was quite right. She then looked through Ga Eul's wardrobe. They often borrowed each other's clothes. Ga Eul's clothes where nicer than a lot of the things Jan Di owned. Jan Di pulled out a light pink dress, which always made Ga Eul look very pretty. She put it on as fast as she could and looked in the mirror. It really didn't suit her. It was too big in all the wrong places. With a half broken spirit she reached back in to her own wardrobe and pulled out a red and white striped top with long sleeves and some high waisted shorts. She brushed out her hair quickly and decided to leave it down. Out of her jewellery box she took out her star and moon necklace Jun Pyo had given her all those years ago. It was one of her most treasured possessions.

'Hurry up!' Jun Pyo whined again, knocking on the door loudly. Jan Di pulled a face in her mirror. She looked down to her hand. The engagement ring was sat their proudly, it shone in the light and glimmered in all directions prettily. Jan Di smiled widely at it. The ring it's self was very pretty, it looked expensive too; but not too much. He had held back so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable, a proud warmth spread through her chest.

'Jan Di.' Jun Pyo whined through the door. Jan Di rolled her eyes and strode over to the door, she pulled it open. He was leaning on the door, and fell as it opened. Jan Di took a step back. Her feet where just in front of his head. He looked up.

'Aish. You could of told me that you where going to open the door.' He grumbled. Jan Di smiled a small, almost hidden smile.

'Why are you here so early?' She asked him, crouching down in front of where he was on the floor. He sat up and dusted off his arms.

'Why, where you planing to have other men over?' He demanded. Jan Di rolled her eyes and stood up. She offered her hands to him to help him up. He grabbed them tightly and stood up.

'Well Yi Jung Oppa was here.' Jan Di pointed out. She laughed.

'Yah, he's got Ga Eul.' Jun Pyo retorted.

'How about Woo Bin Oppa or Sunbae?' She asked. It was clear she was joking by the way her eyes where sparkling. Jun Pyo let go of one of her hands to shove her head backwards softly in distaste.

'Do you not see this ring?' He shook her left hand. With his spare hand he pointed to the ring. His eyebrows where raised in to his hair line.

'I'll close my eyes then.' She told him playfully.

'You can't escape from me now Geum Jan Di, it's too late.' He told her, he held on to her hand tighter. He glanced down to his watch. 'Lets go now.' He told her.

'Where are we going?' Jan Di asked immediately. Biting her lip she worried she was going to be under dressed.

'To see your parents, and then my parents.' Jun Pyo said in a tone to say it was obvious.

'Yah! I can't go see your parents wearing this.' Jan Di shouted. Jun Pyo looked her up and down.

'It's fine, very pretty. Like a crane.' He said. He pulled her by the hand out in to the corridor of the apartment.

'I can't!' She protested. Jun Pyo picked her up and put her over his shoulder. He smiled and laughed silently.

'Gu Jun Pyo.' Jan Di said softly. She kicked her feet lightly. He opened the door and bent down to grab a pair of shoes for Jan Di who wasn't wearing any. He carried her until they reached the lift, at which point he allowed her to put on her shoes; a pair of ankle boot style heels. She laced them up just in time for the elevator to hit the ground floor. Jun Pyo took Jan Di's hand back again. She glimpsed at the joined hands and smiled to herself.

As they stepped out of the elevator Jan Di's eyes widened as cameras flashed like crazy outside. Her eyes widened.

'Just keep your head down, I've got a car waiting.' Jun Pyo told her. She nodded. He let go of her hand and held her around her waist as they exited the building. The reporters crowded all around them. Two of Jun Pyo's bodyguards sprung out the car and pushed the reporters backwards on either side. Jan Di did as she was told and kept her head down away from the flashes as they walked towards the car. Jun Pyo suddenly stopped walking; making Jan Di stop too.

'This is my fiancée!' Jun Pyo yelled. Jan Di looked up in surprise. He looked down at her and grinned. The car door opened for them and he half pushed her in to the car. They got in and the door slammed behind them.

'What did you do that for?' Jan Di asked.

'It's not a lie.' Jun Pyo replied smugly. Jan Di mimed hitting him. He smiled at her, and she smiled back. She then proceeded to pretend to hit him again.

A little while later and the car pulled up outside Jan Di's dry cleaner's. No one was outside apart from the regular people continuing with their lives. Obviously the news of Shinhwa's Wonder Woman Geum Jan Di being Gu Jun Pyo's bride hadn't spread quite yet. Jun Pyo pulled Jan Di through her own family's dry cleaner's shop. He stopped at the door that lead in to the house. Jan Di pushed in front of him.

'I've got a key you know.' She started to fish through her bag for it. But, before she could, the door was opened by her brother.

'Hyung!' Kang San yelled, pushing past his sister and going to hug Jun Pyo in a manly way of a brief hug and a pat on the back. Then he turned around quickly and yelled. 'Umma, brother-in-law is here!'

The sounds of foot steps came quickly and screams came too as Jan Di's parents saw Jun Pyo.

'Son-in-law, how are you? Did you work hard? Come in and sit, we can't leave precious son-in-law out in the hallway.' Was shouted at the top of Jan Di's mother's lungs. Ignoring her daughter she pulled Jun Pyo in to the house. Her dad and brother followed like little dogs, leaving Jan Di standing there by herself. Realising no one was coming back for her she shut the door and walked in to the living room where Jun Pyo was already sat, and being offered lots of different types of food by her mother and father. They where asking him questions at a million miles an hour. He cleared his throat.

'Mother.' He said slowly, her mother froze. 'Father.' He said, her father froze. 'I have proposed to Jan Di and hope you will bless the wedding.' He said coolly.

'Yah!' Jan Di said. 'Umma, Appa, just handle this calmly and-' Jan Di's words where pointless as her family started wailing like dogs. Her mother jumped up and down. Tears of happiness trickled down her father's face. Kang San hi-fived Jun Pyo.

'Kang San what car do you want? I owe you a big present.' Jun Pyo said to the boy. Kang San's eyes widened.

'A car?' He repeated.

'Yeah.' Jun Pyo said. 'If you give me your sister I'll give you a car, plus since you help me spy.'

'Wow, thanks bro. Go marry Jan Di.' Kang San said. Jan Di hit her brother around the back of his head.

'You're trading me for a car?' She yelled. Kang San rubbed the back of his head.

'Do you think you're going to do better than this marriage? No, also, Noona, I see that ring on your finger, you sold yourself.' Kang San said. Jan Di's mother screamed louder and grasped at the ring on Jan Di's finger.

'So pretty.' She stood up and grabbed Jan Di by her arm, and almost flung her on to Jun Pyo. 'I bless it, get married, get married.' She screamed and jumped more. Kang San jumped with her now, happy in the knowledge a new car was on his way. Jan Di glared at her family and sat down next to Jun Pyo on the couch who seemed very smug and happy about the whole thing. Jan Di noticed her father was still being quiet.

'Appa, are you okay?' She asked. He dad nodded and shuffled forwards. He hugged Jun Pyo's leg.

'Dad' Jan Di whispered a little embarrassed by her father's actions.

'Marry her and give her the life I couldn't.' Her dad wailed. It seemed before he had be suppressing his emotions up this this point.

Jun Pyo awkwardly patted Jan Di's father's head. 'I will.' He said in a firm tone that showed he meant it. Jan Di looked away from this scene and to her celebrating mother and father. She smiled, so many of the people she loved all in one room was a good feeling.

Jan Di and Jun Pyo spent a long time at the Geum house. After the hysterics had stopped the conversation soon moved on to when the wedding would be held; something every one had a difrent opinion on. Jan Di thought next year, Jun Pyo thought next month, and her parents just wanted it to happen as soon as possible. They left just before lunch time to go to Jun Pyo's house, as they left the street was filled with people, most of which where reporters. She got in the car she was almost certain her mother was already doing interviews and introducing herself as the mother-in-law of Gu Jun Pyo.

They got to Jun Pyo's house quickly, and maids flocked to the car and opened the door. Jun Pyo's house was some where Jan Di had been often. Mr Gu was very fond of her since she had kept him company while he was in a coma, and although Jun Hee, Jun Pyo's sister lived in a penthouse apartment in Gangnam she often met up with Jan Di at her family home. Jun Pyo's mother also liked Jan Di, and was very sorry for their relationship in the past.

'How are you?' Jan Di asked one of the maids in the way in to the house. The maid stuck up her thumbs. They where walked in to the dining room where a large lunch was set out. Jun Hee sat at the top of the table. Mr and Mrs Gu sat next to each other. Jan Di smiled and sat down opposite Mr Gu and next to Jun Hee.

'Can I see your ring?' Jun Pyo's mother asked. Jan Di turned a little red and nodded, moving her hand above the table. Jun Pyo's mother leaned forward to look of it with her eagle like eyes.

'A good choice, a very rare type of diamond, and a good metal too. Not bad son.' She praised Jun Pyo.

'Jan Di, we're very happy to have to joining our family, finally.' Jun Pyo's father said. Jan Di blushed.

'Thank you, sir.' She bowed her head to him a little. Her chuckled fondly at her.

'You can call me dad.' He said. Jan Di smiled sweetly and nodded. Jae Hee put her hands over Jan Di's which had still been sat on the table.

'I'm so happy my idiot brother finally did something smart.' She smiled at Jan Di and then glared playfully at her younger sibling. Jun Pyo stuck out his tongue childishly in reply. Jan Di laughed.

'Thank you, Unnie.' Jan Di said. Jun Hee squeezed her hands.

'When are you thinking of having the wedding?' Jun Hee asked. Jan Di shrugged.

'Next month!' Jun Pyo said quickly. Jun Hee raised her eyebrows.

'That's soon.' She laughed looking at Jan Di's shocked expression.

'And she doesn't want to get married until next year.' Jun Pyo mumbled under his breath. Jan Di sighed, she realised the battle of the date was not one she was going to win...or one she truly wanted to win anyway. For the last hour or so all she had been thinking of was how long the four years had been; they didn't need to be any longer.

'I'll agree to in a month.' She said softly. Jun Pyo's face light up.

'I knew you couldn't resist the great Jun Pyo's wishes.' He said. Jan Di rolled her eyes fondly at Jun Pyo's never changing immaturity.

'We'll have a big engagement party before hand then. I'm guessing you don't want all the business partners at you wedding?' Jun Hee said. Jan Di nodded quickly. 'We'll have one next week then.'

'Can't be next week. Have it the week after.' Jun Pyo said quickly. Jan Di turned her head and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

'Why?' Jun Hee asked.

'We're going on holiday next week.' Jun Pyo said confidently. Jan Di's mouth dropped open.

'We are? With who?' She asked. She knew she shouldn't be so shocked; she'd known him for so long now.

'F4, Ga Eul and according to Woo Bin, Monkey's invited herself too.' Jun Pyo pulled a face at the last bit. Jan Di nodded hesitantly, she knew nothing she said was going to change his mind.

'Where are you going?' Jun Pyo's father asked smiling. He had been worried about Jan Di over working herself lately, so he thought a holiday would be good for her.

'Our island off Greece.' He told them. They nodded. Jun Pyo's father looked to Jun Pyo's mother who nodded.

'We've been thinking about what to give as a wedding present, and we've decided to give you this house.' Jun Pyo's father said.

'We're going to go live in New Caldonia for a bit, now we're both retired.' Jun Pyo's mother smiled.

'I approve too, but I'm giving the house to Jan Di, not my idiot brother.' Jun Hee smiled. Jan Di gasped, but she knew crazier things where yet to come, in a family who gives mansions as wedding gifts.