Hormones

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

'Miss Lee!' Ji Hoo shouted as he pulled up to one of his newly built clinics. It was not open to the public yet, but each doctor had been sent to see their clinics before they where open to the public to make sure they where to their liking. He stepped out of the car. She was sat down on the path that lead in to the clinic, she was painting it. She looked up.

'It's a children's clinic. It needs to be pretty!' She looked up, smiling prettily. Ji Hoo put his hands on his hips. He sighed and looked away.

'Don't you think you should of cleared this first with me?' He snapped. She looked up nervously biting her lip.

'Boss.' She smiled sweetly. 'Please may I have permission to make it pretty?' She fluttered her eye lashes, trying to be cute. Only she was doing it too quickly, and just looked like she had something in her eye. Ji Hoo scoffed.

'Just make sure you don't paint over anything important, and that it's not going to chip in a week's time.' He said looking around. She smiled and put up both her thumbs up to him.

'Doctor! Doctor!' Some one screamed. Both Ji Hoo and Hyo Joo's heads snapped around quickly. A small lady and her slightly bigger husbands where running up to the building. In their arms they held a limp child. Before Ji Hoo could even react, Hyo Joo was running forwards.

'How long has he been like this?' She asked quickly, meeting the parents half way across the car park.

'Five minutes!' She mother said urgently. Her voice cracked with emotions. Hyo Joo's face went seriously. Diligently she grabbed the small child carefully off it's father, and she was running back in to the building, she kicked the building door open with her leg. Inside everything still had plastic on it from the recent building job. She tore the plastic off the examination table. Ji Hoo ran in after her, with the parents. She carefully placed a iv drip in the child's hand. Ji Hoo took the child's pace. The parents hung on to each other. Hyo Joo ripped open the medical supply closet.

'It's severe flu.' She announced dipping in to the cupboard.

'How do you know that? You've not ran any tests.' Ji Hoo whispered in to her ear, not wanting the parents to hear.

'I've run all the diagnostics in my head.' She said seriously. She grabbed a drip out of the cupboard, and attached it in to the iv.

'He just needs fluids, and to calm his fever.' She told the parents moving back to the child. Her fingers worked like magic. Her eyes fixed on the child while also trying to keep the parents calm. She wrapped a blanket around the child. Ji Hoo stood back and watched her work. Every movement was precise, she kept calm, her breathing was slow. Her hair flicked over her shoulder gracefully, only her bow hair clip preventing it from dipping in to her eyes.

'Come hold his hands. He'll wake up when he's ready, and he'll be shocked to be here.' Hyo Joo's passive tone rung out. Both parents moved forwards. Quickly. She attached oxygen monitors to the child. As she had predicted. He was just dehydrated.

'I'll be back soon. I'm going to get supplies from upstairs.' She announced. She left the room. Ji Hoo followed curiously. As soon as they where out of the room, she began to skip, and hum to herself again. Ji Hoo followed her.

'Do you have split personality?' He asked walking behind her. She smiled and turned around.

'Do you know how sad it is to be a children's doctor?' She said turning around. 'Kids die. They die all the time, and I have the knowledge to save them, but I can't get to every child who needs to be saved.' She took a deep breath in. 'How can I live knowing that?' I asked myself that when I started at med school. And then I realised. I had to be cheerful.' She said this seriously, and then her face broke in to a grin. 'I'm going to get more supplies now.' Her body language changed, and she skipped off happily in to the supplies closet. Ji Hoo looked to where she had just ran off. He chuckled, and shook his head.

The next day, and it was Yi Jung's exhibit opening. Over at his own house, Ga Eul was having emotional fit, due to hormones. She had been like this for a few weeks now, and any one who suggested it was pregnancy hormones, she went crazier.

'I'm not going!' She yelled through the bathroom door. Yi Jung sighed. He was leaning with his hand on the other side of the door.

'Jaygia, the reason that dress doesn't fit you is because you're eight months pregnant. It's natural.' He told her calmly through the door. She wailed.

'I'm fat, and ugly, and a troll!' She yelled irrationally.

'Jaygia, you're very pretty, and not fat, and really not a troll. Please open the door.'

'No! And to make things worse you're very attractive!' She screamed. Yi Jung couldn't help but chuckle, but tried to make it so she couldn't hear.

'I'm going to unscrew the door.' He told her calmly.

'Do what you want you jerk!' She yelled. He walked calmly downstairs. He grabbed the tool kit, and out of it he took a screwdriver. Bringing it to the bolts on the door, he started unscrewing. A few minutes later, and her took off the last screw. Ga Eul was sat on the bathroom floor. Her face was puffy, and she looked angry. Very angry. Yi Jung crouched down on the floor.

'Jaygia, your other dress is prettier anyway.' He said crouching in front of her. He pushed some of her hair out of her eyes. She looked at him angrily, biting her lip. She stood up quickly, which made him fall backwards slightly.

'I'm going to get dressed, but it's because I want to, not because of you!' She yelled storming out. Yi Jung sighed. He rolled his eyes and stood up. He took his suit out of it's bag in the guest room, and decided he'd just better get dressed in there, and leave Ga Eul to have their bedroom. Once he was done, he decided to go and risk knocking on the bedroom. Ga Eul opened it smiling. She looked very pretty in a yellow dress.

'Oppa, how do I look?' She asked smiling. Yi Jung laughed slightly at her sudden mood swing.

'Very, very pretty. But don't get big headed and run off, okay?' He joked. Ga Eul laughed, and linked her arm through his.

'Yah, Goo Jun Pyo.' Jan Di said walking out of their room. She was dressed prettily in a light blue dress, with a matching fur shrug. It wasn't an outfit she'd picked herself, but rather something Jun Pyo, had ordered Woo Bin to take her to buy. He had been busy working with Jin Ae at his side, so couldn't at the time. 'Do you really think it's suitable to take three babies to a pottery exhibition?' She asked in disbelief. Jun Pyo had all three triplets in their business outfits.

'How are we going to eat or drink holding three babies?' She repeated. Jun Pyo scoffed as if it was obvious.

'We take one each, and pass one to the F4 and use the other hand.' He said.

'Oh, which one? The two who need to be talking to women because they're still single, or the one who's going to have to look after his pregnant wife?' Jan Di pointed out. Jun Pyo ignored her. She picked up Jin Ae. Jun Pyo picked up the boys.

'It'll work out!' He insisted.