The Engagement Party

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Once the holiday was over, every one went back to their normal lives, or as normal as their lives got. Ji Hoo was slowly making plans to reopen his grandfather's clinic, as well as looking after his parent's foundation. Ga Eul was back with the class of children she loved. Yi Jung was starting on his new collection. Jae Kyung was doing her normal avoidance of any real work. Woo Bin was buying land to be turned in to casinos; Jun Pyo was buried deep in both paper work, and plans for the engagement party. While Jan Di had started back at university early and was studying hard.

Tonight was the night of the engagement party however, and wealthy business clients from all over the globe where flying in just for the event. Jae Hee was organising it all, which gave her an awful lot to do.

As soon as Jan Di arrived at the Goo mansion after university classes had ended she was attacked with make up. Five different stylists where working on her at the same time. She felt like she was being tortured. In fact she thought that torture may have been the better option. However just as she began to hate the whole thing more and more, Ga Eul turned up. She ran over to the chair Jan Di was being tortured in.

'Jan Di-ah, this is crazy. There's so many people down stairs setting up and the bouncers Jae Hee hired wouldn't let me in because they thought I didn't look fancy enough.' Ga Eul did look truly upset. Jan Di grabbed her friend's hand to comfort her.

'How did you get in?' Jan Di asked, noticing her friend had gotten past them.

'Jun Pyo was passing by and he noticed me and shouted at them a lot.' Ga Eul said.

'Aish.' Jan Di said. She wanted to push her fringe out of her face in frustration like she normally did, but she couldn't due to the amount of stylists crawling all over her. 'Are you okay?' Jan Di asked her long term friend.

'I'm fine.' Ga Eul said in a tone that told Jan Di she really wasn't. Jan Di turned to the stylists around her.

'Please, give me a minute.' She told them. With not much choice, as Jan Di was to be the next "lady of the house" they all left, though they left very unhappily and dragging their feet. Jan Di got up and hugged her friend, but then she noticed something.

'Ga Eul-ah...you're all dirty.' Jan Di stepped backwards to get a better look.

'It's nothing, lets call the stylists back in.' Ga Eul said, turning around.

'Yah, they pushed you over...didn't they?' Jan Di asked with wide eyes. Ga Eul's silence told her she was right. Then, suddenly with out her brain even telling her feet to move she was running from the room. Right past the stylists that where calling after her. She ran in to the entrance hall, Ga Eul running behind her asking what she was doing. The bouncers where in her sight. Jan Di ran towards them, but as she was not looking properly, she ran right in to Yi Jung, who had just arrived. He looked good in a sharp cut grey suit. Yi Jung stepped backwards and put his hands on Jan Di's shoulder's in a brother's way.

'Jan Di-ah, you look very pretty, but you do know you're wearing a dressing gown?' Yi Jung chuckled. Jan Di looked down at herself, she hadn't realised. Yi Jung's eyes then went past Jan Di to Ga Eul. For a second he smiled to see his girl friend, but then his smile soon vanished.

'Jaygia...' He said looking at her dirty outfit. Leaves where in her hair too, and there where scratches on her arms. 'What happened?' He demanded.

'The bouncers pushed Ga Eul!' Jan Di shouted angrily.

'Yah! Jan Di-ah why are you being so loud?' Jun Pyo shouted walking down the stair case.

'The bouncers pushed Ga Eul!' Jan Di shouted. Jun Pyo's expression turned in to one of great confusion.

'Is that true?' Yi Jung asked Ga Eul.

'When I let you in you said nothing happen, and you just tripped on your way in!' Jun Pyo shouted. Ga Eul went quiet.

'I'm fine.' She said. As as she muttered these words it was like she was the match, being thrown on to a petrol soaked fire. Suddenly her friend, and her two Oppas where running towards the bouncers. She ran after them, but in her nicest high heel shoes, she tripped and by the time she caught up Yi Jung had taken down two bouncers, Jun Pyo had taken down another one, and Jan Di was suspended in mid air, half way through her famous spinning kick. Woo Bin had also arrived, and although he probably didn't know what was going on, he too had joined in the fight. In another blink of the eyes all the bouncers where on the ground.

'What's happening?' Jun Hee appeared next to Ga Eul.

'I was pushed over by the bouncers.' She mumbled quietly. Jun Hee nodded.

'Good job guys.' She yelled to all of them. There was no trace of sarcasm in her tone. She walked over to the one the bouncers who was trying to get back up, and put her foot on her chest, she then pulled out her phone and started dialling people.

'Yeah I think I need some more bouncers, get some smarter ones this time.' 'Yeah, I think I'm going to need some more make up artists. They can have double if they get here in the next ten minutes.' She said down the phone. Jun Hee then turned to every one else.

'We only have an hour to the party now. Jan Di, go back to the make up artists. Ga Eul go with her and have a shower. I'll bring you a new dress. Yi Jung calm down and go to my brother's room, I'll send a maid up with some stain remover.' She pointed to a blood stain on his suit that was not his own. 'Brother, you go back to your room too. Woo Bin you still look fine so you wait until Ji Hoo turns up and take him upstairs. I'll cover this up from the press.' She said. For a second no one moved, but then they all suddenly started going to the places she had instructed them to go to.

'Are you really okay?' Yi Jung asked Ga Eul as they walked up the stairs. She nodded.

'It hurt a little, and hurt my pride a lot more.' She finally admitted. 'But I feel a lot better now.'

Yi Jung nodded.

'Go have a shower.' He told her. She nodded her head and went off with Jan Di back to the guest room where the hair and make up people where waiting. They looked pretty annoyed at Jan Di for running off, but they couldn't say anything. Most of her hair and make up had kept in place anyway, they only had to dress her now.

'Ga Eul-ah. You can use that shower.' Jan Di pointed. Ga Eul smiled and went to wash.

Once all the dirt was off her, and her hair was free of leaves she felt much better. She left the bathroom in a bathrobe that had been passed through the door for her use. When she left she gasped as she saw Jan Di. Her friend was in a short white sparkly dress. Her hair was curled and her make up done well. She looked extremely pretty.

'Jan Di-ah!' Ga Eul gasped. Jan Di blushed.

'I look really stupid.' She said.

'No, you look too good.' Ga Eul said honestly. Jan Di smiled.

'It's your turn now.' She said. Just as Ga Eul wanted to ask her what she meant, she was pushed down in the make up chair. They quickly set to work on her hair and make up. Half way through Jun Hee turned up with a dress.

'My little brothers won't be able to keep their eyes off you two.' She smiled. 'Ga Eul, I brought this dress for myself a long time ago, but I've never worn it. I think I'll look good on you.' She said. Ga Eul turned her hair to the make up artist's dismay to look at it. It was lilac. The top half was strapless and made out of pretty plain fabric, and the bottom half was made up of lilac feathers.

'You don't have to give this to me.' Ga Eul said. Jun Hee laughed.

'Don't be stupid and just take it.' Jun Hee said. Ga Eul nervously took it. The make up artists declared they where finished with her, and pulled her behind a screen to help her get the dress on. When she came out from behind it she looked stunning. Her hair was tied up with just a few wisps escaping.

'It's time. To go down stairs. Ga Eul I'll introduce you as the maid-of-honour.' Jun Hee said. Ga Eul stopped and frowned.

'I'm not the maid-of-honour.' She said shaking her head. Jan Di stopped.

'Yes you are.' Jan Di said.

'You didn't ask so I thought you'd picked some one else...' Ga Eul replied. Then she started laughing at how stupid she had been. Her friend had just forgotten to ask, with everything else. Jan Di started laughing too.

'Who else would it of been?' Jan Di laughed.

Ga Eul kept laughing too.

'I really don't know.' She said. They hugged tightly and kept laughing. Jun Hee looked upon the scene fondly. Then voices could be heard from outside the room.

'Yah, it's my house you have to let me in!' Jun Pyo's house said loudly. Jun Hee laughed to herself.

'I put one of the new bouncers on the door.' She explained. 'I didn't want him bursting in half way through. But just wait here.' Jun Hee left and walked to the other end of the room. She poked her head around the door.

'Dearest brother, what are you looking for?' She asked smirking.

'Yah, where's Jan Di.' Her brother asked. Yi Jung was stood behind him, and behind them was Woo Bin and Ji Hoo who seemed to be also finding the scene very funny.

'And Ga Eul-ah.' Yi Jung added calmly.

'I don't know if I've seen them or not.' Jun Hee smirked. Her brother turned a deep shade of angry red. Woo Bin snickered from the corner.

'Noona! Just send them out.' Jun Pyo yelled in a voice that was probably heard through out the house. Jun Hee laughed and closed the door. She turned to the two girls who where laughing too.

'Are you ready?' She asked them. They nodded so she opened the door to the them out. Jan Di left first. Jun Pyo's mouth dropped open for a second at the sight of them, but they he regained his composure.

'You took too long.' He told her. She rolled her eyes.

'Yah!' She replied with, not really knowing what else to say. He looked away and laughed,pulling her under his arm. Ga Eul walked out next. Yi Jung smiled, his eyes light up like Christmas tree lights.

'You look really pretty, Jaygia.' He told her. She smiled and blushed softly. He held out his arm for her, and she took it. The six of them, and Jae Hee then started walking towards the stair case. In the down stairs of the house the party was in full swing. It had been decorated lavishly. Hundreds of people where waiting down stairs. Jan Di felt like she wanted to go and hide. But, she faked a smile and grabbed on to Jun Pyo tightly.

'What are you doing?' He asked her.

'Freaking out.' She informed him. He let out a small laugh.

'Yah, the great Goo Jun Pyo is here.' He said. He pulled her closer, and for some reason this made her feel safer. Then she realised. It was just a room of normal people. She could deal with this. She'd dealt with things she thought she couldn't before, she just had to take it in her stride. She lifted up her head higher, as she was walked towards the first couple she was set to talk to. They looked vaguely familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on where she'd seen them before.

'This is the owners of JK group.' Jun Pyo pointed to them. 'And this is my fiancée Geum Jan Di.' He said proudly. They smiled, but Jan Di felt a fake edge to their smile.

'Hello.' She greeted them. She ducked her head in a bow.

'Hello, it's nice to meet you.' The wife greeted. Jan Di smiled.

'I like your dress.' She said. The woman smiled falsely again.

'Excuse us.' Jun Pyo smiled charmingly. He pulled Jan Di to the side. 'Those are Jae Kyung's parents. Where is she?' He asked. Jan Di frowned. Jae Kyung was currently hiding from her parents who had decided it was time for her to settle down and get married and take over their business too. She hadn't seen them in six months.

'She's around some where...should we find her and warn her?' Jan Di asked. Jun Pyo shook his curly head.

'No. The fact Monkey's not swarming us right now means she knows. She's probally hiding some where.' He said. He then spotted another set of people he needed to introduce Jan Di to. They both smiled and went to meet the next set of people.

Mean while, Jae Kyung was in fact hiding at the party, trying to avoid her parents. Woo Bin, who was talking to a business contact, excused himself as he spotted her peering around the edge of one of the columns outside. He walked out of the mansion and went to meet her.

'Kyung-ah.' He called. Her head popped out from behind the column.

'Aish. You can't call me that here. If some one hears I will kill you.' She glared. Her big eyes where framed more than ever by heavy eye liner. Her dress was black, and slightly puffed at the bottom.

'You look good.' He told her. She looked down at herself.

'Thanks. I'll be around at yours later so tell your staff not to come in.' She replied. Woo Bin sighed.

'I've told them already that they're only to come in when I'm out at work.' He said. He stuck his hands in to his pockets. He took a deep breath in. 'Don't you wish you could be like them in there? Like Jun Pyo and Jan Di?'

'I've been engaged twice if that's what you mean. I don't plan for a third time. And if you mean the love, no one's ever truly loved me back. No one I've wanted to marry anyway.' She said firmly. Woo Bin sighed again.

'I better go back inside. Your parents are right over the other side of the room, so it's probably fine if you come inside too.' He said, and with that he turned and walked back inside quickly. For him, it was honestly getting hard to even look at Jae Kyung. The girl he loved.