Dr Lee

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

With Yi Jung's exhibit just days away, Ji Hoo found himself dateless for yet another event. He was missing a "plus one". Jun Pyo had plus four, Yi Jung nearly had plus too, and Woo Bin seemed perfectly happy with out a plus one. But Ji Hoo didn't feel the same. He wanted to love, and be loved. He didn't want to eat his meals alone, and he didn't want to intrude in to other people's homes any more so he could avoid that fate. So that day, after going to see his grandfather in the retirement village he was happily living in, he decided he would start looking. Soo Hyun was happily married, and Jan Di was too. The two women he loved had moved on, and it was his turn. But first, he was still on the search for doctors for the clinics. Today he was meeting with Dr. Lee, some one he had been told was good through a friend of a friend. He was meeting the doctor at a small café. He pulled up on his motor bike and took off his helmet. He looked around, but couldn't see any one who looked like a doctor at all.

'Dr. Yoon?' A small high pitched voice said. Ji Hoo turned around to see a young woman standing behind him. He was expecting a man, so his eyes widened.

'Dr. Lee?' He asked. The woman nodded. She had very long hair, almost to her waist. On her head was a wire headband, with pearls on it that where shaped in to cat ears. She wore a pair of denim shorts, a yellow ruffled top, and a hoodie with rainbows printed on it. Her outfit didn't really scream business wear.

'I'm Lee Hyo Joo!' She smiled. She waved with both hands. Ji Hoo raised an eyebrow. She was overly cheerful. She was almost bouncing up and down, and she wasn't even moving. Ji Hoo clenched his jaw, and tried to regain his business composure.

'Shall we sit?' He asked. Hyo Joo nodded cheerfully, and sat down. Ji Hoo took a seat oppisote her. The table was small. A waitress walked up to them. She was moody, and her weight rested on her hip.

'What do you want?' She asked rudely.

'A strawberry milkshake!' Hyo Joo said grinning. Ji Hoo looked at her and then away.

'Just water please.' Ji Hoo said,looking at Hyo Joo as if she was a badly behaved dog. The waitress strutted away. Hyo Joo moved her head from side to side in a happy manner. She couldn't stay still. Ji Hoo clenched his jaw again.

'Can I please see your references?' He asked. She smiled happily and put her bag on the table. It was a massive bag, and she placed it on the table.

'Just a second.' She laughed. She started digging through her bag. It seemed she couldn't find what she was looking for because she started pulling things out of bag to leave more room for her to search. A lipstick, a button, a rubber duck, a cookie with rainbow sweets inside. Ji Hoo's confusion rose with every item she pulled out. But finally she seemed to find her references. They where in a plastic wallet with stickers stuck on the outside. Unicorn stickers. Ji Hoo tried to hide his disgust as he pulled them out the wallet. He was surprised to find the references written in English. He looked to Hyo Joo.

'Oh! I can translate that for you if your English is weak!' She said.

'My English is fine.' Ji Hoo snapped. He began reading the references.

"Hyojoo Lee has an out going personality, but more than that is the best medical student I have ever taught."

"Hyojoo Lee has excelled in her surgical intern-ship"

"Hyojoo Lee is the first student in years to pass through Yale Med School with full marks"

Ji Hoo's eyebrows raised.

'You have very impressive references.' He remarked. Hyo Joo giggled.

'Well they're very sweet, but I don't seem to interview well, no one seems to want to hire me.' She said, she was still smiling.

'How would you like a job at one of my clinics? I feel the children's clinic would be the best suited for you.' He said calmly. Hyo Joo screamed. Very loudly.

'I would love to!' She yelled. She practically jumped over the table to hug him.

'Miss Hyo Joo!' Ji Hoo shouted. She jumped back and saluted him. She didn't stop giggling.