Jin Ae's First Day On The Job

Four Years Past: Will The Flames Still Burn Bright?

Geum Jan Di rolled over in her large bed. Although it was always big, for some reason it felt even bigger today. Without opening her eyes, she sniffed at the air. The room smelt like Jun Pyo, of course. But the smell was not as strong as it normally was. She patted the bed around her, only to discover she was the only person in it. She squinted and sat up, rubbing her eyes furiously. She looked over to the cots in the corner of the room. They had been put there for easy access during the night, but all three cots were empty. She quickly jumped out of bed, and ran along the corridor of her big house. Reaching the staircase she ran down it, nearly tripping. She skidded to a halt as she saw in to the living room. Jun Pyo was asleep on the living room floor, with all three babies surrounding him, also soundly asleep. In front of them was a crowd of maids who where debating in whispers what to do.

'If we wake sir, he'll be mad.'

'He'll be angrier if he keeps sleeping and one of the babies wakes up.'

'Can we wake Miss and ask her what to do?' One of them said to another. Jan Di yawned.

'I'm here.' She said. 'I'll deal with it.' She told them. Their faces light up in to dazzling smiles.

'Miss, thank you!' They said enthusiastically, although in whispers. She nodded.

'Go eat breakfast.' She told them kindly. Each one of them bowed before running off as fast as their legs would carry them. Once they had ran off, she bent down, she picked up each one of the babies, and moved them so they where all snugly tucked in to the cot that was kept downstairs. Walking back over to her husband she crouched over him, poking him gently in the stomach.

'Five more minutes.' He moaned, mostly out of instinct. Jan Di laughed a little, looking away and then back to him.

'Goo Jun Pyo, you have to be at work in half an hour.' She poked at his cheek. With out opening his eyes he grabbed her hand, and pulled her towards him, so she was lying on top of him on the floor. She kicked her legs in an effort to get back up, but his arms where tightly around her, so she couldn't.

'Geum Jan Di. I'm the boss, no one can tell the Great Goo Jun Pyo when to go in to work.' He said. Jan Di laughed a little.

'I'm telling you to go to work. You've not been in in months. You can't run the company via web chat, phone calls and Jun Hee-Unnie. It's not fair on her.' Jan Di pointed out. Jun Pyo reluctantly opened his eyes.

'I can't leave them.' He said. It was one of those rare moments when Jun Pyo was as transparent as glass. Jan Di sat back up.

'You have to. It's only for a short while.' She said. Jun Pyo frowned, and then his forehead crumpled.

'You get to stay with them.' He pointed out.

'Yah! I'm going back to work soon too. Just as soon as I can work out who's trusted enough, and not working during the day to look after them.' Jan Di said. Jun Pyo frowned again.

'I'll go in to the office when you go back to work.' He said stubbornly.

'No. Think about all the other families who work in the Shinhwa group who are relying on you to work.' She said.

He sighed.

'I don't want to be like my parents. Working all the time with out seeing my own children.' He said. Jan Di pecked him on the lips, in a small sympathetic gesture.

'Go to work for seven hours, and then you'll be back to spend all evening with them.'Jan Di pointed out. Jun Pyo still didn't look very happy. Then he grinned.

'I'll just take them with me!' He exclaimed. Jan Di blinked a few times to check she wasn't going crazy. Then she realised it was not her going crazy, but her husband.

'They're asleep. Just go to work.' She told him. She stood up, the pulled her husband up too. He stood up looking like a man sentenced to death.

'The business has been doing perfectly fine the last few months via phone. And I'm coming back in six hours.' He said walking out of the room, but just as he had nearly left, one of the babies started crying. He looked around victoriously and grinned.

'One of them is awake, therefore I can take one of them with me!' He said,running over to the crib before he could be stopped. It was Jin Ae who had woken back up. Jun Pyo lifted her up, and ran out of the room carrying her, going upstairs.

'Yah!' Jan Di shouted after him, not wanting to leave the room with the other two babies in it, or to be too loud and wake them up. So she stood in the door way and waited until Jun Pyo came back downstairs. He was wearing his normal business clothes. A sharp suit, and a fur trim around his shoulders. But in his arms, was Goo Jin Ae. She was wearing a light blue button up shirt with puffed sleeves, a black skirt with braces keeping it up and matching booties. Around her shoulders was a dark grey fur, tied with a baby blue ribbon.

'Where did you get that outfit from?' Jan Di asked with very wide eyes. Jun Pyo grinned smugly.

'I had it ordered weeks ago. The boys have business outfits too.' He grinned. He walked over to Jan Di and kissed her on the cheek, he then walked over to the sleeping boys. He kissed his hand and then touched each of the boy's foreheads with it.

'I'll be off to work then.' He said walking out before Jan Di could fully comprehend what was going on. 'Lets go Mermaid.' He told Jin Ae.